Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 212 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald F. Trump: President of the USA Part II Covfefe

Ulysses Everett McGill OrbitalDawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buka001
    My point (I agree that it was not well written) was given Trump's pandering to his support base and the constant fued between himself and the media, it only serves to promote and invigorate his agenda.

His support base see this as validation and vindication of Trump. This is why I say he will in all liklehood be re-elected in the next election. It is why I brought it up here, as this fued between Trump and CNN is exactly what his supporters want him to do.
    Right, but the question then becomes whether his base is enough. I don't think it is, necessarily.

It does say a lot about his supporters if this is what they think he should be spending his time on. Other than golfing for literally 1/5th of his time in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Unhappy438
    Oh stop with this, he didn't retweet a neonazi. He retweeted a meme that contained no neonazi connotations. The fact that it happened to be made by a neonazi (not even sure about this, troll seems more likely) is something i highly doubt he would have known and largely irrelevant.
    And yet whoever finds this crap for him is clearly trawling the internet to find these things, made by crazy bigots.

Quote Originally Posted by konfab
    Assange Tweeted this from the New York Penal codes
    Rich that Assange whines about this given that WikiLeaks basically doxxed almost all the women in Turkey, rape victims (including children) and outed a gay guy in Saudi Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by S7wede
    Those are not so much flawed logic as much as just being incorrect. I will admit to being wrong, but not that my logic was in any way flawed. CNN still is much in the wrong in blackmailing a private individual and many liberals don't see a problem with this type of behavior simply because they don't agree with the victim. TO me this is indicative of why Trump won in the first place. Some people can't seem to understand why Identity Politics simply doesn't work.
    Au contraire - it does work. His whole campaign was based on lies and identity politics.

Also, if "that type of behavior" bothered them they wouldn't support Trump in the first place. In reality they don't mind when it gets done to the people they hate.
    "Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese."

Ulysses Everett McGill OrbitalDawn's Avatar

Some Trumpets got upset because NPR tweeted the Declaration of Independence on the 4th of July.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...gry/451112001/
    "Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese."

Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalDawn View Post
    Some Trumpets got upset because NPR tweeted the Declaration of Independence on the 4th of July.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...gry/451112001/
    That was hilarious.

There was some thought that so many of trump's Twitter followers are foreign-language bots that they didn't recognise it.

Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalDawn View Post
    And yet whoever finds this crap for him is clearly trawling the internet to find these things, made by crazy bigots.
    That's ignoring the way these things get reposted and spread around, if im not mistaken that meme was made months ago.
    "Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so." -Galileo

Quote Originally Posted by Unhappy438 View Post
    That's ignoring the way these things get reposted and spread around, if im not mistaken that meme was made months ago.
    You know I don't actually think it's such a big issue that Trump retweeted a neonazi; I mean, I don't think it makes him a neonazi. Obviously someone in his cabinet has a bookmark at r/The_Donald, but whatever. It's just that terms like 'fascist' are getting thrown about casually, towards the media, when it suits a certain agenda - and in totally arbitrary ways - when the president's own behavior is highly authoritarian, and his sources are dubious at best.

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    You know I don't actually think it's such a big issue that Trump retweeted a neonazi; I mean, I don't think it makes him a neonazi. Obviously someone in his cabinet has a bookmark at r/The_Donald, but whatever. It's just that terms like 'fascist' are getting thrown about casually, towards the media, when it suits a certain agenda - and in totally arbitrary ways - when the president's own behavior is highly authoritarian, and his sources are dubious at best.
    Can you prove, without a shadow of a doubt that the person you are referring to was a "neonazi"? He said some racist things but to my understanding it was in the Imgoingtohellforthis subreddit which is for dark humor. There is no other proof that he is affiliated with any hate groups. At most he's a bit of a troll.

Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by S7wede View Post
    Can you prove, without a shadow of a doubt that the person you are referring to was a "neonazi"? He said some racist things but to my understanding it was in the Imgoingtohellforthis subreddit which is for dark humor. There is no other proof that he is affiliated with any hate groups. At most he's a bit of a troll.
    Okay not a neonazi, fair enough. He didn't just say 'some racist things' though; his internet history is quite damning and it's hard to downplay just how racist he was. It's not even the first time that DJT has reposted racist memes

Super Grandmaster

Okay not a neonazi, fair enough. He didn't just say 'some racist things' though; his internet history is quite damning and it's hard to downplay just how racist he was. It's not even the first time that DJT has reposted racist memes
    You're pushing this guilty by association angle really /really/ hard.

It's easy to see just by looking at the people he surrounds himself with that he is the most Kosher president ever.

It's not even the first time that DJT has reposted racist memes
    Im confused, whats racist about that meme?
    "Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so." -Galileo

It's easy to see just by looking at the people he surrounds himself with that he is the most Kosher president ever.
    And the people who count his money.

Quote Originally Posted by Unhappy438 View Post
    Im confused, whats racist about that meme?
    The original image used the antisemitic Star of David. Trump's version just plastered over the star with a red circle (you can still see the edges of the original star poking out).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 212 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast