Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Hyundai i30 N

Default 2018 Hyundai i30 N

Thread created in advance for the upcoming i30 N that will be unveiled on July 13th.

Let's see if the Koreans can actually pull it off!

Hyundai i30N Nürburgring video released ahead of 13 July reveal

First N-badged Hyundai performance model has been testing at the 'Ring before it goes on sale this autumn for less than £30,000

Hyundai has previewed its upcoming i30N in a new video of the hot hatch at the Nürburgring - released before the car is revealed on 13 July.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...13-july-reveal

Short Hyundai i30 N preview shows some detail

With less than a week to go before the reveal of Hyundai’s first hot hatch, the i30 N, this short teaser video reveals quite a lot of detail, without any camouflage.

Neat red strips on the front bumper and the rear diffuser underline the N’s status at the top of the i30 range, as do red brake callipers behind noticeably bigger rims than on the cooking version.

What we do know is that the i30 N will come with two versions of a two-litre turbopetrol four, one rated for 184kW, the other with 202kW and a limited-slip differential, each driving the front wheels via a six-speed manual ‘box - although we have been promised a dual-clutch transmission down the line.

http://www.iol.co.za/motoring/latest...etail-10182798

Driving Teaser:

Final testing at the 'Ring:

Hyundai i30 N hot hatch’s power figures revealed!

Hyundai is preparing to reveal its new, high-performance i30 N and has released yet another teaser video of the hot hatch hitting the Nürburgring. Watch the clip below closely, however, and you’ll notice what is likely the peak power and torque figures pop up on the vehicle’s display.

So, what are the key numbers? Well, at the 1:20-mark, the video shows a power figure of 280 PS, which translates to 206 kW, along with 400 N.m of torque.

Interestingly, these figures mirror the peak outputs of the (ageing) Opel Astra OPC. If they prove accurate, the front-wheel-drive Hyundai i30 N will outpunch the likes of the Volkswagen Scirocco R (188 kW/350 N.m) and the outgoing Renault Mégane RS (201 kW/360 N.m). And, of course, the 169 kW/350 N.m Volkswagen Golf GTI (a vehicle the Korean automaker has used as a benchmark).

Earlier reports suggested that the i30 N’s 2,0-litre turbocharged petrol engine would be offered in two states of tune: one with about 185 kW and the other with approximately 205 kW. The second, more powerful derivative (which is likely the vehicle starring in the video below) will reportedly also feature an electronic limited-slip differential and a firmer, track-tuned suspension.

Watch the video below for more, including comments from Albert Biermann, the former BMW M boss who now heads up the Korean brand’s high-performance division…

http://www.carmag.co.za/news_post/hy...ures-revealed/

Update: Hyundai i30 N Teased Ahead of Reveal [With Video]

We have seen spy shots of the Hyundai i30 N undergoing testing, but Hyundai has released a teaser video for its new hot hatch that will be revealed this week.

A while back we posted pictures of Hyundai's forthcoming i30 N undergoing testing. While those photos didn't give away much in terms of what the new vehicle will look like, Hyundai has assured us that it will have the show to match the go. But more recently it also released images of the brand new i30, you can view those images here. Hyundai has now released a teaser video showing the i30 N without camouflage ahead of its official reveal this week (13 July 2017). Watch the teaser above and stay tuned for more details soon.

http://www.cars.co.za/motoring_news/...h-video/42622/

Officially announced... looks hot!

New Hyundai i30 N hot hatch revealed (with 202 kW)!

After an extensive teaser campaign, Hyundai has finally officially pulled the wraps off its new i30 N, confirming that the hot hatch will make a significant 202 kW in top-spec form.

The first high-performance model under the new N banner, Hyundai promises that the hot five-door i30 will “deliver exhilarating driving pleasure for everyone”.

Power comes from a 2,0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine (complete with an overboost function) that Hyundai says delivers 202 kW and 353 N.m in the case of the Performance Package model, delivered to the front wheels via a six-speed manual gearbox (no official mention has yet been made of a dual-clutch transmission) with rev-matching. The standard i30 N makes 184 kW and the same torque figure.

Both models top out at 250 km/h, with the standard model accelerating to 100 km/h in a claimed 6,4 seconds and the 202 kW version taking a claimed 6,1 seconds.

Other high-performance features include an electronic limited slip differential, electronic controlled suspension, launch control, sports seats and high-performance tyres. The hot hatch has five different drive modes as well as a variable exhaust valve system on the Performance Package model (plus an “electronic sound generator”), while Hyundai has confirmed that the electronic stability can be “switched off completely”.

Compared to the standard i30 hatchback, the i30 N is 4 mm lower (on 18-inch alloys) and 8 mm lower (on 19-inch wheels). Inside, you’ll find blue stitching and plenty of N badging.

The i30 N will be produced in the Czech Republic, and will be offered in six different exterior colours: Performance Blue, Clean Slate, Polar White, Micron Grey, Phantom Black and Engine Red.

http://www.carmag.co.za/news_post/ne...d-with-202-kw/

Looks lekker wonder if they bring it here? They will probably remove the touch screen infotainment system from our models lol
    Www.gtxgaming.co.za
    For all your graphics card requirements!

Quote Originally Posted by Gtx Gaming View Post
    Looks lekker wonder if they bring it here? They will probably remove the touch screen infotainment system from our models lol
    + Cruise control and keyless go.

Hyundai i30 N

The i30 N is Hyundai Motor's first high-performance car under the N line-up. Built on the New Generation i30, the i30 N has been developed from the ground up to deliver maximum driving pleasure in everyday life on the road, as well as on the track. N was born in Namyang, at Hyundai Motor's global R&D Centre in Korea and honed at the Nürburgring, one of the most challenging race tracks in the world and home of Hyundai's Testing Center. The N logo symbolises a chicane - the ultimate corner where the i30 N has been tested thoroughly and has proven its ability. The i30 N is inspired by Hyundai Motorsport's experience in WRC since 2014.

The i30 N is Hyundai Motor's answer to emerging customer preferences towards uncompromising innovation and technology-driven performance. Due to be launched across Europe by the end of 2017, the All-New i30 N is made for driving enthusiasts. The i30 N sports a unique character and coherent, timeless design - which includes the Cascading Grille - the new Hyundai signature - at the frontThis is characterised by a downward tapering gesture inspired by the flow of molten steel.

Focused on Fun to Drive

The Hyundai i30 N has been developed on the basis of three corner stones under the theme 'Fun to Drive': Cornering, Race Track Capability and Everyday Sports Car.

The Hyundai i30 N has been developed to make the driver's heart beat faster when he or she gets behind the wheel. When the driver hits the throttle and shifts through the gears, the rev-matching function supports smooth gear shifting, while the overboost function increases torque (+8%) and acceleration (+6-7%). The feeling is enhanced by the car's sound from the dual muffler exhaust featuring the variable exhaust valve system. The cockpit of the i30 N shows key performance parameters through the new instrument cluster and the 8-inch free-floating screen's modes such as the G-Force meter for live tracking of the performance. The design is based on true high-performance vehicles and includes Hyundai's Cascading Grille at the front, aggressive-looking front and rear bumpers, and a new rear spoiler. According to the principle "form follows function", the car design enhances aerodynamic and cooling performance. Its operation focuses on the pure connection between the car and the driver. The i30 N is built around the driver for maximum responsiveness, balanced performance and fun to drive.

Cornering

The Hyundai i30 N loves corners. The N logo symbolises a chicane, the ultimate part of the track where the i30 N achieves maximum traction, precision and feeling. The powerful 2.0-litre turbocharged engine delivers up to 275 PS and 353 Nm torque. It offers direct response with a linear power development through the early responding turbo charger. It features front-wheel drive and a six-speed manual transmission.

The i30 N's maximum grip is guaranteed by the 18-inch Michelin or 19-inch Pirelli high-performance Hyundai N tyres. The rack-mounted motor-driven power steering is very direct and offers high precision. The lowered body is rigid and in combination with the Electronic Controlled Suspension (ECS) reduces roll and enhances cornering speed, enabling the driver to adjust the dampers from comfort-oriented daily commuting to high-performance track-driving.

The Hyundai i30 N is aerodynamically designed to reduce lift to keep the body firmly on to the road when maximum traction is required. The Electronic Limited Slip Differential (E-LSD) enhances grip and delivers maximum power to the road. For the real enthusiasts, the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) can be switched off completely for maximum freedom. In order to give the driver and passenger the maximum comfort, the exclusively developed N sport seats offer maximum stability and lateral support in all driving situations.

Hyundai Motor N line-up: born in Namyang, honed at the Nürburgring

The Hyundai i30 N is Hyundai Motor's first high-performance model under the N line-up. The 'N' stands for Namyang, Hyundai Motor's global R&D Centre in Korea, where the idea was born, and for the Nürburgring, home to Hyundai Motor's European Test Centre, where the N line-up was further developed and tested. The close connection between Namyang and Nürburgring created the foundation for N, the goal being to deliver driving enjoyment. Symbolising a chicane, the 'N' logo embodies this aspect - an agile vehicle that is fun to drive - and represents the ultimate driving experience on winding roads.

Electronic Limited Slip Differential (E-LSD) (with Performance Package)

The strong cornering ability of i30 N is achieved by different new performance features, such as the Electronically-Controlled Limited Slip Differential (E-LSD). This allows driven wheels to turn at different speeds by applying different amounts of torque depending on the load transfer from the inner to the outer front axle wheel. Wheel slip in specific conditions is reduced and understeering on cornering minimised. E-LSD increases the maximum cornering speed by 5%.

Driving Modes

Drivers can choose from five individual drive modes: Eco, Normal, Sport, N and N Custom settings, which can be activated by using the two dedicated buttons on the steering wheel. The different modes change the character of the car, adjusting the parameters of the engine, the dampers, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Electronic Limited Slip Differential (E-LSD), engine sound, steering and rev-matching. In the N Custom mode, drivers can select from Eco, Normal, Sport and Sport+ settings for each high-performance component to match driving preferences and road conditions.

Powerful Performance Package

The Hyundai i30 N is powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged engine available with the two power outputs: the Standard Package engine delivers 250 PS, whereas the Performance Package engine's maximum power is boosted to 275 PS. Both outputs deliver a maximum torque of 353 Nm and reach a maximum speed of 250 km/h. The 250 PS version accelerates to 100 km/h in 6.4 seconds, the 275 PS version in 6.1 seconds.

The engine offers direct response with a linear power development through the early responding turbo charger, and is available with front-wheel drive and a six-speed manual transmission. The power is transferred independently to the gear train, in order to always be ready to shift to the next gear without any torque interruption.

The i30 N with Performance Package exclusively comes with 19-inch Pirelli P-Zero high-performance Hyundai N tyres, distinctive red N break calipers and larger brake discs (18-inch at the front, 17-inch at the rear). The Electronic Limited Slip Differential (E-LSD) and Variable Exhaust Valve System are additional features included in the Performance Package to provide the optimal race track experience.

Connected and Caring

The Hyundai i30 N driving modes can be displayed on the 5.0-inch or the optional 8.0-inch touch screen with navigation, featuring information on PS, torque, turbo boost as well as a a lap and acceleration timer.

The specific N mode screen menu also offers customisable settings for the engine, suspension, steering, differential (in the Performance Package), transmission rev-matching, exhaust sound and stability control.

The Hyundai i30 N includes both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Both systems enable users to connect their devices to deliver and control music, telephone or navigation functions on-screen. Seamless connectivity allows drivers and passengers to stay connected while remaining focussed on the road. Hyundai Motor also offers a wireless inductive charging pad for mobile phones (Qi standard) and seven-year free subscription to LIVE Services. LIVE Services offer updated information in real time: weather, traffic, speed cameras and online searches for points of interest.

Class-leading safety package

By offering the latest active safety features for the new i30 N, Hyundai Motor democratises technology like the other i30 body types.

The Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) fitted in the i30 N operates in three stages using camera sensors. First, it warns the driver visually and audibly. In a second step, it controls the brakes according to the collision danger stage, and in a third stage applies maximum braking force to avoid a collision or minimise damage if a collision is unavoidable.

With the Driver Attention Alert (DAA), the i30 N features a driver protection system: this monitors driving patterns in order to detect reckless or fatigued driving and prevent potential accidents.

The Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) senses the car's position and alerts the driver about unsafe movements at speeds over 60 km/h. By audibly and visually warning the driver before inducing corrective steering, it guides the driver back to a safe position.

Road speed signs are immediately recognised by the Speed Limit Information Function (SLIF), which displays the speed limit in real time. The navigation system display and the TFT cluster both show the information.

A High Beam Assist (HBA) detects both oncoming vehicles and vehicles in the same lane ahead at night and changes to low-beam lights as appropriate, thereby reducing blinding effects on other drivers. HBA automatically re-activates the high beams and therefore maximises the driver's range of vision as soon as no vehicles are detected.

https://www.netcarshow.com/hyundai/2018-i30_n/

The N details:

Hyundai i30N launched: full details of 271bhp hot hatch

New Ford Focus ST rival arrives after a lengthy development period; it'll go on sale later this year from about £25k

Hyundai has launched the i30N hot hatch, the first model to be developed by its new N performance arm. It will be available in two levels, and can produce up to 271bhp.

Revealed alongside the i30 Fastback in Germany, the upcoming Ford Focus ST rival has been developed with a hard focus on performance. It has undergone a lengthy testing period, including more than 6000 miles of running on the Nürburgring Nordschleife, under the guidance of Hyundai’s high performance boss, former BMW M division executive Albert Biermann.

“The i30N has been developed for no other purpose than to deliver maximum driving fun to our customers in an accessible, high-performance package,” said Biermann. “With the high-performance N models we will enhance our brand’s appeal with emotional products that cater to the needs of people who love to have a smile on their face when they drive their car.”

The i30N features several design changes the five-door i30, with a cascading grille and new aerodynamic features at both its front and rear. These include wider intakes and a rear diffuser, with the latter helping to reduce lift at speed. It sits 4mm lower than the regular car and gets twin-exit exhausts at the back, along with 18in or optional 19in alloy wheels, which sit ahead of N-labelled brake calipers to signify the car’s performance.

The base-level i30N comes with a 2.0-litre T-GDI turbocharged four-cylinder that drives the front wheels via six-speed manual gearbox. The car produces 247bhp at 6000rpm and 260lb ft of torque at1450-4500rpm in standard form, enabling a zero to 62mph time of 6.4sec. But an optional performance pack edges maximum power output up to 271bhp, helping to trim the 62mph sprint time to 6.1sec – making the i30N comfortably Hyundai’s quickest model.

It also ensures that the i30N outpunches the Focus ST and even Volkswagen Golf GTI in even in its most basic state of tune, placing the new Korean car at the sharp end of the hot hatch segment. Hyundai has long asserted that its first N car will be capable of withstanding long periods of hard driving on circuit. It uses an electronic stability control system that can be completely switched off and cars with the performance package get electronic limited slip differential (E-LSD) technology.

The car has five drive modes, Eco, Normal, Sport, Sport N and N Custom, which can be selected via two buttons on the steering wheel. Cycling through the modes adjusts the car’s damping harshness, engine responses and exhaust volume. The N Custom mode enables drivers to opt for opposing settings for each, such as allowing the car to run with the softest ride but harshest drivetrain mode. The car also features a rev-matching system that can blip the throttle when the driver clicks down through the gears, as well as a launch control mode.

Along with its unique performance additions including bolstered sports seats, the i30N also gets Hyundai’s highest-specification cabin technology. This includes a choice of 5.0 or 8.0in touchsreen infotainment system with satnavs - although the UK is expected to only get the larger of these - and access to Hyundai’s Live online services. Smartphone connectivity can be handled by Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, while a wireless inductive charging pad can be optioned in.

Driver assist features include autonomous emergency braking, driver attention alert, lane keep assist and high beam assist technology. The car can also recognise road signs and displays them in the car’s TFT instrument display cluster.

The i30N will go on sale before the end of 2017, with production being handled by Hyundai’s Czech plant in Nošovice. Pricing is yet to be confirmed, but expect a starting figure of around £25,000, which would align the car closely with the Focus ST but ensure it undercuts the Golf GTI.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...1bhp-hot-hatch

Pricing is going to be key! It certainly has the stats to stand up to the GTI

Quote Originally Posted by sox63 View Post
    Pricing is going to be key! It certainly has the stats to stand up to the GTI
    will never have the build quality of a VW though...

All I can see is Peugeot 308 GTI

Quote Originally Posted by *SynergyX* View Post
    will never have the build quality of a VW though...
    VW isn't exactly the epitomy of build quality, not in the USA at least:

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 414
Size:  60.3 KB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast