Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Hyundai i30 N

"Hyundai South Africa confirmed to CARmag.co.za that while the local distributor would certainly look at compiling a business case for the i30 N, being able to import it at the right price would be the key."

http://www.carmag.co.za/news_post/ne...d-with-202-kw/

James May won't approve

All Hyundai models to benefit from Nürburgring development

Korean firm says lessons learned developing its i30N hot hatch will lead to sportier handling across its range

Hyundai will use the technical knowledge gained during the development of its i30N hot hatch to make all of its models more engaging to drive, the brand’s director of high performance vehicles has said.

Speaking to Autocar at the i30N launch, Klaus Köster explained that Hyundai’s N division was helping the wider brand transition with a new, sportier identity as it bids to become the biggest Asian car maker in Europe.

“We have already established our self as a reliable, quality car maker, that makes cars with good designs,” he said. “But now we have the knowledge to add sportiness to that image – which is something us Europeans like.”

Köster said the i30N, which spent much of its development time at the firm’s European technical centre at the Nürburgring, would act as a halo product for this image change. He said all of Hyundai’s models would follow that car’s trend by being assessed at the Nurburgring during development.

“It would be very nice if in 10 to 15 years we can have people on the street seeing Hyundai as a brand that makes cars which are fun to drive,” he added. “We have worked hard to develop this i30N into a car with a broad character and this can help us with all Hyundai models.”

Köster said that it was this broad, flexible character that was key to ensuring the brand succeeds on a global scale. “In some markets like Korea they want a softer car, but others want a stiffer one,” he explained.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...ng-development

Hyundai unleashes 202kW hot hatch!

It’s been a long wait but here it is folks... Hyundai has finally created a proper hot hatch to take on Golf GTI, Focus ST, Megane RS and enemies.

The new i30 N also happens to be the first Hyundai to wear the brand’s new ‘N’ badge (which, incidentally, symbolises a chicane) and which will in future designate its high-performance models just as RS does for Renault and so on.

But let’s get to the juicy stuff.

The i30 N is powered by Hyundai’s 2-litre turbopetrol engine and will be offered in two flavours: hot (184kW) and extra hot (202kW). Both versions produce their peak power at 6000rpm and both boast the same maximum torque output of 353Nm between 1450 and 4000rpm.

Against the clock, the more powerful of the two will screech from zero to 100km/h in 6.1 seconds, according to Hyundai, with the lesser tuned variant taking 6.4s. Both reach a presumably nannied top speed of 250km/h.

Power goes to the front wheels (which are either 18- or 19-inches in diameter) through a six-speed manual gearbox. Hyundai’s performance division is clearly aiming at the more traditional enthusiast here as there is, at this stage at least, no mention of a dual-clutch gearbox option.

There are still plenty of modern features to play with however, including a rev-matching function for downshifts, launch control, a lap timer, G-Force meter, variable exhaust valve, adjustable damping and five driver-selectable drive modes (Eco, Normal, Sport, N and N Custom).

Considerable effort has gone into the road holding side of the equation, with the i30 N practically having called the Nurburgring home during much of its development phase and when fitted with the optional Performance Package it also comes with an electronic limited slip diff.

http://www.iol.co.za/motoring/latest...hatch-10278735

Hyundai's Golf GTI-fighter revealed: Will the new i30 N arrive in SA?

Hyundai has revealed its new hot hatch intended to rival the Volkswagen Golf GTI, Ford Focus ST and the Renault Megane RS.

Hyundai SA confirmed to Wheels24 that it is considering the i30 N for local introduction though it could be years before we see it on our shores.

Here are seven things you should know about Hyundai's new i30N hot hatch:

1. The i30 N marks a new era for Hyundai as it introduces its first high-performance model under the 'N' line-up.

2. The N-brand was created in Namyang and honed at the Nürburgring. The ‘N’ symbolises a track chicane...

3. The 2.0-litre four-cylinder T-GDI turbo engine delivers up to 202kW/353Nm.

4. High-performance features: Electronic Limited Slip Differential, Electronic Controlled Suspension, Rev Matching, Launch Control, high-performance tyres, lap timer and more.

5. Five different drive modes, including the N and N Custom modes, offer a variety of different configurations from comfort-oriented daily commuting to race track performance
    Emotional sound thanks to a variable exhaust valve system

6. The i30 N is characterised by aggressive front and rear bumpers with larger air intakes and red character line, aerodynamic rear spoiler with triangular brake light, dual muffler exhaust, 18- and 19-inch wheels, sport seats, Performance Blue exterior colour inspired by Hyundai Motorsport

7. The i30 N will be produced at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Czech in Nosovice. The facility opened in 2008 and started production of the first generation i30 the same year.

http://www.wheels24.co.za/NewModels/...in-sa-20170714

Here’s what the new Hyundai i30 N sounds like…

The top-spec Hyundai i30 N features a variable exhaust valve system.

We’ve already had a good look at the new Hyundai i30 N (read all about the latest Golf GTI-fighter right here), but now the Korean automaker has released a video that includes a few samples of the hot hatch’s engine and exhaust notes.

The 90-second clip shows what appears to be the Performance Pack version, featuring the full 202 kW output (the standard model will make 184 kW), being belted around a racetrack.

The 2,0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine – which is mated to a six-speed manual (with a rev-matching function) as standard – sends its power to the front wheels.

An electronic sound generator sited at the base of the windscreen sends what Hyundai calls “some extra acoustic drama” into the cabin (we’ll leave you to be the judge), while a variable exhaust valve system (included in the Performance Package) allows the driver to select different exhaust sounds.

In Sport+ mode (one of five driving modes), something the automaker calls an “after-fire sound” is also available, essentially allowing the driver to induce pops and crackles on the overrun. Let’s just say we wholeheartedly approve of this last feature.

Have a listen in the video below…

http://www.carmag.co.za/news_post/he...n-sounds-like/

i30 N hot hatch to ‘help with all Hyundai models’

Hyundai says it hopes lessons learnt developing the i30 N will help its future (non-performance) products.

Hyundai says it believes the knowledge it gained developing the new i30 N hot hatch will help to make future (non-performance) models in its range more exciting to drive.

Klaus Köster, Hyundai’s ‎director of high-performance vehicle development, told Autocar that the newly formed N division would allow the Korean automaker to add some sportiness and fun to its brand identity.

“We have already established ourself as a reliable, quality car-maker that makes cars with good designs,” he said.

“But now we have the knowledge to add sportiness to that image – which is something us Europeans like.”

Köster added that future Hyundai products would – like the new i30 N – be tested at the Nürburgring in prototype form before going into production.

“It would be very nice if in 10 to 15 years we can have people on the street seeing Hyundai as a brand that makes cars which are fun to drive,” he told the British publication.

“We have worked hard to develop this i30 N into a car with a broad character and this can help us with all Hyundai models.”

http://www.carmag.co.za/news_post/hy...-other-models/

Looks good from some angles. This bothers me though.

Name:  hyundai-i30-n_827x510_61500021985.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  96.1 KB

Long front overhang. Then, rear spoiler and roof section blending into window. Makes C-pillar shape look weird.

As a whole, cool for a Hyundai... but that's it.

I like when people give detail assessments on the new vehicle releases such as above.

Also triangular high level break light yo

Hyundai admits i30 N hot hatch is ‘chasing Golf GTI’

If you had any doubt about which vehicle the new Hyundai i30 N has directly in its crosshairs, you can let go of it now. Albert Biermann, the head of the Korean automaker’s new high-performance division, has admitted that the new hot hatch is aimed squarely at the Volkswagen Golf GTI.

“Everybody is chasing the Golf, so we will join this game and see how it goes,” said Biermann, according to Automotive News.

The German, who moved to the Hyundai Group from his position at the helm of BMW’s M division, had earlier hinted that the i30 N had been benchmarked against the Golf GTI, claiming that it would be “more precise” than the popular VW hatchback.

Biermann also revealed to the US publication that the option of a dual-clutch transmission and even all-wheel drive could come later, although there are no confirmed plans for this to happen.

Power comes from a 2,0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine (complete with an overboost function) that Hyundai says delivers 202 kW and 353 N.m in the case of the Performance Package model, delivered to the front wheels via a six-speed manual gearbox with rev-matching. The standard i30 N, meanwhile, makes 184 kW and the same peak torque figure.

Both models top out at 250 km/h, with the standard derivative accelerating from standstill to 100 km/h in a claimed 6,4 seconds and the 202 kW version taking a claimed 6,1 seconds.

So, will it come to South Africa? Well, Hyundai SA last week confirmed to CARmag.co.za that while the local distributor would certainly look at compiling a business case for the i30 N, being able to import it at the right price would be the key.

http://www.carmag.co.za/news_post/hy...sing-golf-gti/

Sheesh, nice.
    I've walked for miles inside this pit of danger, a place where no one follows me, I walk alone.

All the videos are blocked, by I like the look of this. Do we have a 'Ring time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    The more I look at the Giff of the one chick slapping the other chick... It actually turns me on...
    Quote Originally Posted by UrBaN963 View Post
    Umm she's slapping a dude..but cool story bro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast