Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Hyundai i30 N

Hyundai reveal N hot hatch and Fastback coupe - Auto Trader

Super Grandmaster

All Hyundai models to benefit from Nürburgring development
    Ok, just don't call yourself Masters of the Nurburgring.
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbit16 View Post
    VW isn't exactly the epitomy of build quality, not in the USA at least:

Attachment 448612
    either we getting ****eee kia's over here or there is bias towards kia.. many of those other brands overall should be better than kia.

HYUNDAI I30 N ‘FIRST EDITION’ SOLD OUT … IN TWO DAYS

Hyundai says that a mere two days after the reservation period opened, all 100 examples of the i30 N First Edition offered in Germany were sold.

The special “First Edition” version of the new hot hatch – which Hyundai has already admitted is aimed squarely at the Volkswagen Golf GTI – was offered in the German market only.

“The high interest in the First Edition confirms our confidence in the i30 N. Our first high-performance model under the N line-up has been developed from the ground up to deliver pure driving pleasure in an accessible high-performance package for the road and for the track,” said Albert Biermann, chief of Hyundai’s high-performance division.

“It enriches the Hyundai brand with emotional appeal. People will experience a contented grin when driving this performance car,” he added.

The automaker says the letter “N” was chosen for its high-performance arm as it represents both Hyundai’s Namyang R&D centre in Korea and the Nürburgring, where the brand’s European testing centre is located. In addition, the automaker says the “N” logo symbolises a chicane.

Revealed in July, the Hyundai i30 N employs a 2,0-litre turbocharged engine worth up to 202 kW (with the Performance Package specified) and 353 N.m, with drive sent to the front wheels via a six-speed manual gearbox.

http://www.carmag.co.za/news_post/hy...t-in-two-days/

Hyundai i30 N TCR set to tackle the GTI on track

With suitably imposing styling and impressive claimed power outputs, the Hyundai i30 N has gathered a lot of attention since its official reveal. Now, a TCR (touring car racing) variant has been announced and it’s getting ready to take on the likes of the Volkswagen Golf GTI and Honda Civic Type R in the global touring car series.

Run by Hyundai Motorsport’s development partner on the new i30 N TCR, BRC Racing, two cars, driven by past champions Gabriele Tarquini and Alain Menu will debut at the season opening Zhejiang Circuit in China.

“The debut in the TCR International Series is a big moment for the project. Coming in China, alongside the TCR Asia and TCR China series, the weekend is the ideal event to showcase the potential of the i30 N TCR to teams and drivers. The look of the i30 N TCR ties in very closely to the N line-up of road cars, so a strong performance would promote both the racecar and the standard models,” Hyundai Motorsport Team Principal Michel Nandan said.

The i30 N debuted as at the 2016 24-Hours of Nurburgring. It competed again one year later.

Hyundai’s head of the N division Albert Biermann recently admitted that the i30 N had the Volkswagen Golf GTI in its sights. What better way to settle this than on the track?

http://www.carmag.co.za/speed_post/h...-gti-on-track/

CarTell.tv quick review

Quote Originally Posted by FiestaST View Post
    CarTell.tv quick review

Ja ne .... after watching two of the cartell.tv review vids, I know why you like watching it .... and it aint cause of the cars!
    APoc184 - "Well apparently I'm Ockie's kinda girl."

Quote Originally Posted by Ockie View Post
    Ja ne .... after watching two of the cartell.tv review vids, I know why you like watching it .... and it aint cause of the cars!
    Haha! Shut your face!

Quote Originally Posted by FiestaST View Post
    Haha! Shut your face!
    APoc184 - "Well apparently I'm Ockie's kinda girl."

Hyundai’s i30 N hot hatch revealed at Frankfurt

Hyundai has revealed its new i30 N, its first high-performance car under the N line-up, at the 2017 Frankfurt auto show.

Built on the New Generation i30, the i30 N has, says Hyundai "been developed from the ground up to deliver maximum driving pleasure in everyday life on the road, as well as on the track". It's due to be launched in Europe by the end of 2017.

Why the 'N' moniker? The ‘N’ stands for Namyang, Hyundai Motor’s global R&D Centre in Korea, the N logo symbolises a chicane and overall the car is inspired by Hyundai Motorsport’s experience in WRC since 2014.

Corner rascal

Powering the new model is a 2.0-litre turbocharged engine capable of 202kW/353Nm (378 Nm with Overboost function). Power is driven to the front-wheels via a six-speed manual.

The N Corner Carving Differential enhances grip and delivers maximum power to the road. For the real enthusiasts the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) can be switched off.

Class-leading safety

The Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) fitted in the i30 N operates in three stages using camera sensors. First, it warns the driver visually and audibly. In a second step, it controls the brakes according to the collision danger stage, and in a third stage applies maximum braking force to avoid a collision or minimise damage if a collision is unavoidable.

The Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) senses the car’s position and alerts the driver about unsafe movements at speeds over 60km/h.

Road speed signs are immediately recognised by the Intelligent Speed Limit Warning (ISLW), which displays the speed limit in real time. The navigation system display and the TFT cluster both show the information.

A High Beam Assist (HBA) detects both oncoming vehicles and vehicles in the same lane ahead at night and changes to low-beam lights as appropriate, thereby reducing blinding effects on other drivers. HBA automatically re-activates the high beams and therefore maximises the driver’s range of vision as soon as no vehicles are detected.

http://www.wheels24.co.za/NewModels/...kfurt-20170918

202kW Hyundai i30 N ‘under consideration’ for SA

After making its online debut back in July, Hyundai’s i30 N made its first public appearance at the Frankfurt Motor Show last week, but the big question for us was whether the new hot hatch would be coming to South Africa.

Sadly there is no definite answer for now, with Hyundai’s local representatives stating that they would certainly like to bring it here, but that the final decision would rest on their ability to bring it in at a competitive price, something that would hinge on both the local currency and the Korean parent company’s pricing strategy.

If all those sums work out, it would certainly be an exciting halo model for the brand. The i30 N is the company’s first high-performance car to wear the new ‘N’ performance badge, and the hot hatch will go up against rivals like the Golf GTI, Megane RS and Focus ST.

Powering its front wheels through a six-speed manual gearbox with Rev Matching technology is a 2-litre turbopetrol engine that Hyundai will offer in two states of tune: 184kW and 202kW. Hyundai quotes a torque figure of 353Nm for both, with up to 378Nm being available in short bursts during overboost.

But how fast is it?

According to Hyundai, the 202kW version will screech to 100km/h in 6.1 seconds, while the 184kW model will take 6.4 seconds. The i30 N also features launch control and drivers can toy with the variable exhaust valve system for some extra acoustic drama.

In honing its chassis, engineers put the i30 N through 10 000km of testing on the Nürburgring. The hot hatch sits 8mm lower to the ground when fitted with the 19-inch wheel option (or 4mm lower when equipped with the standard 18” rims), and Hyundai has kitted it out with a sport suspension system with adjustable dampers as well as an electronically controlled limited slip differential.

Drivers can choose from five drive modes (Eco, Normal, Sport, N and N Custom), which adjust the engine, chassis, steering and sound parameters. The cabin, which includes bespoke ‘N’ sports seats and steering wheel, is also equipped with a G-Force meter.

As for the exterior design, the i30 N is set apart by sportier bumpers, a front splitter, widened wheel arches, red brake calipers and a rear spoiler.

https://www.iol.co.za/motoring/lates...or-sa-11260399

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast