Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2018 Hyundai i30 N

CarAdvice review

CarsGuide first drive

Auto Express review

Hyundai i30 N hot hatch boasts bespoke Pirelli tyres

Hyundai has revealed that it went to Pirelli to get the tyre manufacturer to engineer a “tailor-made” version of its P Zero rubber for the new i30 N hot hatch.

The Korean automaker says the new tyre – a “unique variant” of Pirelli’s P Zero UHP 235/35 R19 rubber – has been “specially geared to the vehicle’s dynamic characteristics”.

Marked with “HN” on the sidewall to denote its original equipment fitment to the i30 N, the tyre is produced at Pirelli’s plant in Settimo Torinese, Italy.

The i30 N, of course, is the first high-performance model unveiled under the new Hyundai N banner. Its 2,0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine (complete with an overboost function) delivers 202 kW and 353 N.m in the case of the Performance Package model to the front wheels via a six-speed manual gearbox.

The standard i30 N, meanwhile, makes 184 kW and the same peak torque figure. Both models top out at 250 km/h, with the standard derivative accelerating to 100 km/h in a claimed 6,4 seconds and the 202 kW version taking a claimed 6,1 seconds.

Other high-performance features include an electronic limited slip differential, electronic controlled suspension, launch control and, of course, the high-performance Pirelli tyres.

http://www.carmag.co.za/news_post/hy...pirelli-tyres/

Default Could be years???

Quote Originally Posted by FiestaST View Post
    Hyundai's Golf GTI-fighter revealed: Will the new i30 N arrive in SA?

Hyundai has revealed its new hot hatch intended to rival the Volkswagen Golf GTI, Ford Focus ST and the Renault Megane RS.

Hyundai SA confirmed to Wheels24 that it is considering the i30 N for local introduction though it could be years before we see it on our shores.

Here are seven things you should know about Hyundai's new i30N hot hatch:

1. The i30 N marks a new era for Hyundai as it introduces its first high-performance model under the 'N' line-up.

2. The N-brand was created in Namyang and honed at the Nürburgring. The ‘N’ symbolises a track chicane...

3. The 2.0-litre four-cylinder T-GDI turbo engine delivers up to 202kW/353Nm.

4. High-performance features: Electronic Limited Slip Differential, Electronic Controlled Suspension, Rev Matching, Launch Control, high-performance tyres, lap timer and more.

5. Five different drive modes, including the N and N Custom modes, offer a variety of different configurations from comfort-oriented daily commuting to race track performance
    Emotional sound thanks to a variable exhaust valve system

6. The i30 N is characterised by aggressive front and rear bumpers with larger air intakes and red character line, aerodynamic rear spoiler with triangular brake light, dual muffler exhaust, 18- and 19-inch wheels, sport seats, Performance Blue exterior colour inspired by Hyundai Motorsport

7. The i30 N will be produced at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Czech in Nosovice. The facility opened in 2008 and started production of the first generation i30 the same year.

http://www.wheels24.co.za/NewModels/...in-sa-20170714
    Could be years before we see it on our shores??? then who would be stupid enough to buy it? because by then the likes of Golf GTi and others would of moved on to be much faster and more dynamic then this poor little i30 N. If the competition is laughing at you now, imagine how they will scoff at you then. No Thanks Hyundai, if you can't bring this car in by early 2018 and you want to take your own sweet time then don't be surprised if you can't sell those cars.

Mmm try replacing on of those tyres. It'll probably cost R5000.00 per tire and stock shortages etc etc.
    I had that with my Hemi 300c and eventually put on a different size Hankook.
    ALL POSTS ARE IN MY PERSONAL OPINION
    "Pray for Our President Zuma and his party, Julius Malema, and Zimbabwean Robert Mugabe... Psalm 109:8".

At the risk of repeating myself the overwhelming consensus is that Hyundai/Sunday knocked their first hot hatch out of the park.

Every single respected YT review & publication I've viewed/read were overall highly impressed how Hyundai basically came out of nowhere & brought this to market. In countries like the UK it's priced relatively competitive as well.

Hyundai SA needs to jack up & actually commit to bringing this N model to ZA & *not* be greedy with the pricing. Personally within a ~R10k ballpark of Mk7.5 GTI is reasonable all things considered.

Being Hyundai's first attempt reckon that it will give the GTi brigade a good run for their money but ultimately not be as reliable as the established hot hatch brands out threre...

Grandmaster

So what happens when the 19" bespoke P Zero tyres need replacing exactly?
    Asus Sabertooth Z77 | i5 3570k | CM V6GT | 16GB RipjawsX 1866 | Asus GTX670 2GB | GB Superb 720 PSU | CM HAF X | Acer G245H

Quote Originally Posted by bromster View Post
    So what happens when the 19" bespoke P Zero tyres need replacing exactly?
    You either buy the same size by your favourite tyre manufacturer or buy the same P Zero ones that the car comes with from the factory, if you so choose.

They seem pretty pricey though...https://www.twt.co.za/235-35r19

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by wabbit16 View Post
    You either buy the same size by your favourite tyre manufacturer or buy the same P Zero ones that the car comes with from the factory, if you so choose.

They seem pretty pricey though...https://www.twt.co.za/235-35r19
    Exactly. At 6k per tyre, I'd rather buy a motorbike, or a small village in eastern Mongolia.
    Asus Sabertooth Z77 | i5 3570k | CM V6GT | 16GB RipjawsX 1866 | Asus GTX670 2GB | GB Superb 720 PSU | CM HAF X | Acer G245H

I see the P Zero is on TWT for R4891 ea...eina

And here I was complaining about paying nearly R800 a pop for my vanilla i30's ones

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345