Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uninstalled VPN software and now PC randomly can't connect to the internet?

Default Uninstalled VPN software and now PC randomly can't connect to the internet?

I was testing Windscribe and Tunnelbear VPN software, uninstalled both and now PC randomly can't connect to the internet. It'll work fine for hours/whole day and then randomly can't connect to the internet, if I restart the pc(Win 10 Pro) the internet work's fine again.

I noticed after being uninstalled that Tunnelbear left behind it's virtual LAN device in the network devices list which I right-click uninstalled.

I'm assuming one of these 2 left behind some reg setting or network protocol that's tripping every so often?

MyBB Legend

Not sure if this will work, but worth a try. Open cmd and type "sfc /scannow".
    ‘Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.’ - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by mercurial View Post
    Not sure if this will work, but worth a try. Open cmd and type "sfc /scannow".
    Thanks, gave that a try, did not find and integrity violations.

uninstall all network adaptors in device manager, restart PC.
    It will then reload the network adaptors which are needed once PC restarted.
    My New Years resolution is 1080p.

MyBB Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxMan View Post
    uninstall all network adaptors in device manager, restart PC.
    It will then reload the network adaptors which are needed once PC restarted.
    That's a good suggestion.
    ‘Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.’ - Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread