Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MTN-Sony scam!

Default MTN-Sony scam!

In it's July catalog MTN is advertising Sony Xperia phones with a free Sony headset.....the problem is that the promotion ended on 30/06/2017. I got a Xperia on 21/07/2017 and was assured that the headset is included...the lady in the store even attempted to claim it for me.
    It's a pity that they are attempting to sell Sony's in this way because it's really a very nice device!

MTN have assured me that the t&c's are wrong and the offer is still valid and my details have been send to Sony..... but after two weeks I have had no feedback,😞

/gets R10K phone complains about 99c headset
    I think the way to overcome environmental problems is with technology. What else are we going to use sticks?
    Bjork

Quote Originally Posted by satanboy View Post
    /gets R10K phone complains about 99c headset
    Irrelevant. If he's entitled to a headset he has every right to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Totempole View Post
    Irrelevant. If he's entitled to a headset he has every right to complain.
    Correct you are. It's SB...just roll with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    The more I look at the Giff of the one chick slapping the other chick... It actually turns me on...
    Quote Originally Posted by UrBaN963 View Post
    Umm she's slapping a dude..but cool story bro

Quote Originally Posted by UrBaN963 View Post
    Correct you are. It's SB...just roll with it.
    +1
    I think the way to overcome environmental problems is with technology. What else are we going to use sticks?
    Bjork

I bought one 3 or so weeks ago. The phone and Headset was included in a "promo" box as one. The headset is actually not too bad for casual listening.

Those headsets are like R2000.. So complain or just return the phone.. Breach of contract

The thing is I love the device but I hate false advertising...and if it's a 15 cent or R1500 headset makes no difference. I have still not received a thing but were again assured this morning that it will be given attention....so I have not given up hope... never the less the way Sony does business leave a bad taste

Telkom offering same free headset and was promised it, but being sent pillar to post with nothing after 2 weeks.

Any luck

Well its now nearly two months and I have contacted Sony multiple times with no success.....so I am afraid I have to accept the fact that I have been scammed by Sony and MTN : TIA

Super Grandmaster

Sony Mobile is very poor in ZA. Cannot see a future for them in ZA with this attitude, lack of stock of phones, lack of availability of phone accessories, poor customer support. Recent reviews are not looking good for them on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pg/sonymobileza/reviews/
    The Kingdom of Zuma: 'Who needs toilet rolls when we have a constitution'

Success at last!
    About three days ago I seem to have gotten through to one of the droids at Sony and he or she understood that the problem was with the Sony Xperia Lounge app not linking to the correct site to redeem my headset, he then supplied me with a link I can use to get to the site. At last I could finish the process and got my MDR-XB550AP, in signal red, today
    Thank you Sony!
    If someone els is having the same problem to redeem their Extra Bass Headset try this link with Chrome
    https//www.cellularmall.co.za/xperia
    PS: you must first get your redemption code via the Lounge app
    Last edited by Piet Le Roux; 23-09-2017 at 07:47 AM.

With Telkom story.
    Sony said it was an August special and we ordered in September. Telkom still had the promo pic up so they honoured it.
    Picking it up next week.

+ Reply to Thread