Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cell C / Glocell International Roaming

Default Cell C / Glocell International Roaming

I called GloCell this morning to activate international roaming for a trip we are doing next week.

My wife is with Vodacom. She called in and all sorted over the phone within 5 minutes.

I call in. Turns out I am now waiting for a form to be sent to me, plus I must pay a R5000 deposit and mail back etc.

Is this a GloCell or Cell C thing?

Ive complained in the past about GloCell, it would seem every time I ned to deal with them on call centre etc, its painful!!

Quote Originally Posted by ozosborne View Post
    I called GloCell this morning to activate international roaming for a trip we are doing next week.

My wife is with Vodacom. She called in and all sorted over the phone within 5 minutes.

I call in. Turns out I am now waiting for a form to be sent to me, plus I must pay a R5000 deposit and mail back etc.

Is this a GloCell or Cell C thing?

Ive complained in the past about GloCell, it would seem every time I ned to deal with them on call centre etc, its painful!!
    Hi @ozosborne

Please PM us the number, we will GloCell get in touch with you to assist and provide more clarity on their processes.

^BM

Quote Originally Posted by Cell_C View Post
    Hi @ozosborne

Please PM us the number, we will GloCell get in touch with you to assist and provide more clarity on their processes.

^BM
    Done. Thanks.

Update. I was sorted out by Siyabonga from GloCell. Thanks for the assistance.

From last time I did it, for calls and SMS, no need for a deposit.

For data roaming, Cell C asks a R5000 deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by f2wohf View Post
    From last time I did it, for calls and SMS, no need for a deposit.

For data roaming, Cell C asks a R5000 deposit.
    I was told in order for them to activate any form of international roaming I should pay the R5000 deposit

Update. I was sorted out by Siyabonga from GloCell. Thanks for the assistance.
    Edit. Still not sorted out. Glo Cell says they are "working" on it. Over a week now and my roaming is still not activated. That's after a 5k deposit and various forms back and forth with plenty e mails and phone calls.

Why so complicated??

Hi ozosborne

We're following up with GloCell regarding the matter.

^NS

Well this sucks ... was just about to ask to sort this out but R5000 is a rip off. Rather going to just buy a burner sim overseas - seems easier.

I was told in order for them to activate any form of international roaming I should pay the R5000 deposit
    Probably a Glocell thing then, with Cell C I roam without data and without deposit !

Quote Originally Posted by sensual_sloth View Post
    Well this sucks ... was just about to ask to sort this out but R5000 is a rip off. Rather going to just buy a burner sim overseas - seems easier.
    Been back for almost a month now and no response on numerous mails top switch the roaming off and to send information regarding paying the deposit back.

+ Reply to Thread