Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Minister accused of slapping women after ANC leadership debate

Super Grandmaster

Default Minister accused of slapping women after ANC leadership debate

Deputy Minister of Higher Education and Training‚ Mduduzi Manana‚ allegedly slapped two women following a debate on the ANC’s presidential race at a restaurant in Fourways‚ north of Johannesburg. One of the alleged victims‚ Mandisa Duma said the debate about who should replace President Jacob Zuma in December got Manana angry.

“He (Manana) felt strongly about Cyril Ramaphosa and we felt strongly about another candidate. He started getting angry and wanted to make a speech‚” Duma said. Duma‚ who was accompanied by her female cousin and a friend‚ claimed she was with Manana and his four friends inside the then already closed Cubana in Cedar Square‚ Fourways in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Duma said her cousin took out a cellphone and tried to record Manana who was making his point on the debate before all hell broke loose. “His (Manana’s) friend said that she must stop taking the video. Manana then ordered my cousin to stop taking the video. He then flipped and said: ‘In fact‚ who are you people and why are you here?’ and ordered us to leave.”

https://www.timeslive.co.za/politics...ership-debate/
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

I'm sure he woke up this morning and thanked God that he isn't white.
    All my posts should be treated as sarcasm unless stipulated otherwise.

Super Grandmaster

Default Assault allegations against deputy minister very serious - Mbalula

Cape Town – Police Minister Fikile Mbalula says an alleged assault by Deputy Minister of Higher Education Mduduzi Manana must be taken very seriously.

Mbalula's office on Monday confirmed that a case had been opened, after an alleged assault took place against a woman at 04:00 on Sunday morning at a Cubana in Fourways, Johannesburg.

Minister Mbalula takes these allegations very serious [sic]," ministry spokesperson Vuyo Mhaga said in a statement of the "disturbing allegations".

"Protection of women and vulnerable groups are a number one priority of the Police Ministry. Minister Mbalula maintains that victims of abuse and gender based violence who go to the SAPS stations with cases of assault must be treated as genuine victims."

Mbalula expected the victim to be treated with respect and dignity, and that police would proactively give feedback to the victim, he said.

"Women deserve love and protection from all of us. The police must be given space to investigate this case without fear or favour, no one is above the law irrespective of their position in society," Mbalula said.

The deputy minister's office could not be reached for comment on Sunday night and early on Monday morning by News24.

Unacceptable

A social media post shows images of the injuries Mandisa Duma suffered after the assault.

Another post by SABC reporter Lumko Jimlongo said the incident occurred when the woman allegedly called Manana "gay", while another said the incident occurred during a debate in Cubana over African National Congress leadership.

The ANC said in a statement that it had noted the accusations against Manana with disappointment, saying such behaviour was unacceptable.

The Democratic Alliance, meanwhile, said it was shocked and angry to learn about the alleged assault.

"We condemn this act in the strongest terms. In our country which is plagued by unacceptably high levels of gender-based violence, this behaviour only seeks to normalise and perpetuate violence against women," DA MP Hlomela Bucwa said on Monday.

"While we welcome that a criminal case has been opened against him, this is simply not enough."

She said Manana must immediately apologise and resign from his post, saying he was "unsuited to hold it".

Immediate suspension

The South African Federation of Trade Unions (SAFTU) has also expressed "disgust" over the alleged violent assault.

"It is appalling that less than a week into the month when South Africans are focussing on the problems facing women and in particular the violent attacks which they suffer on a daily basis, such a brutal crime should have been committed at all," SAFTU said in its statement.

"But far worse that it should have been perpetrated by a government minister, an elected representative of the people."

The federation further insisted on Manana's immediate suspension.

"Government ministers should be held to the highest possible standards of conduct, and if its leaders fall to come down heavily on a minister, especially one responsible for higher education, who commits such a heinous crime, the government will have forfeited any credibility and it talk of women's rights will be exposed as empty rhetoric."

News24
    http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...alula-20170807
    My views are not cast in stone

Super Grandmaster

Default ANC, ANCWL condemn Manana's behaviour over alleged assault

JOHANNESBURG - The ANC and the party's women's league have strongly condemned the alleged behaviour of deputy Higher Education Minister Mduduzi Manana.

Manana is accused of assaulting a woman at a Johannesburg nightclub in the early hours of Sunday.

The ruling party and its women's league say that if the claims are true, then he must face the law irrespective of his position.

Vid in link : http://ewn.co.za/2017/08/07/anc-ancw...lleged-assault

Super Grandmaster NarrowBandFtw's Avatar

The ANC and the party's women's league have strongly condemned the alleged behaviour of deputy Higher Education Minister Mduduzi Manana
    Remember Khwezi you vile hypocrites!
    none so blind as those who refuse to see

http://lucidramble.com

A Djinn

Don't believe it until I hear all 3 sides to the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by CorrieV2.0 View Post
    ... trust me I will feel threatened when you come.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Mbalula talks a lot lately.
    He did take action against Ntlemeza which I thought he would not do

He has released an apology. Sounds along the lines of the Bell Pottinger one... totally meaningless.

Name:  apology.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  52.2 KB
    TimeDesign, the recommended school timetabling/scheduling program for the Free State Department of Education.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Mbalula talks a lot lately.
    Lately? where have you been Thor?
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
    I'm sure he woke up this morning and thanked God that he isn't white.
    “I think the way to overcome environmental problems is with technology. What else are we going to use – sticks?”
    Bjork

A Djinn

Another post by SABC reporter Lumko Jimlongo said the incident occurred when the woman allegedly called Manana "gay", while another said the incident occurred during a debate in Cubana over African National Congress leadership.
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick123 View Post
    I will also meet with my organization, the ANC, and President Zuma to give a full account of the incident
    Name:  1tp91y.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  57.7 KB

Super Grandmaster

Manana's behavior is pathetic.

Super Grandmaster

Default Allegations emerge of another Manana altercation with a woman

An employee at the Nesto Shisanyama and Lounge in Ermelo on Monday said that Deputy Minister of Higher Education Mduduzi Manana was accused of getting physical with a woman at the establishment last month.

"I got reports when I returned to the country that there had been a fight between other patrons and the minister‚" said the man‚ who asked not to be named.

"We could not get footage of the incident since it happened outside‚" he said.

The man claimed to have made a follow-up on the incident and had spoken to Manana and his alleged victim.

"It seems the matter was resolved … I don't think it is necessary to bring it up again‚" he said.
    More at: https://www.timeslive.co.za/politics...-with-a-woman/

A Djinn

Hmm... 2nd allegation stemming from a month or two ago? Someone's bound to play the conspiracy card.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast