Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to import from GearBest and more

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaJohn View Post
    Yes every time They do not have any problems with that, besides you using Paypal that have a 60 days buyers protection so you have up to 60 days to raise the issue with Paypal to get your transaction reversed if you don't come right with Paypal.

See above

As for worth it, well I got a Xiaomi Mi 5 for less than half the local pricing, 3D printers for way less than even building my own so I would go yes. I even used Gearbest to Post, yes registered mail post me some phone covers that I bought for $2 each. took 2 months to get here but I got them.

Had a ticket with cheap headphones that where broken on arrival and they simply send me another pair at no extra charge.

TLDR: Sure you get hickups but they do get sorted, I trust them way more than say someone on BitOrBuy or OLX.
    Good to know.

Angry Now the ticketing system is broken

OK I give up with this stupid website. After I requested another address change yesterday I got sent a message. They don't send the message in email - you just get a notification that the ticket was updated.

Opening the ticket (or the ticket list for that matter) gives me this error now:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 08.07.39.png
Views: 348
Size:  41.7 KB

Is there any other way I can notify them that their system is broken?

GearBest.com Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ebendl View Post
    OK I give up with this stupid website. After I requested another address change yesterday I got sent a message. They don't send the message in email - you just get a notification that the ticket was updated.

Opening the ticket (or the ticket list for that matter) gives me this error now:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 08.07.39.png
Views: 348
Size:  41.7 KB

Is there any other way I can notify them that their system is broken?
    The only time I have seen that is if you are not logged in. Login in another session (a separate tab) and then try selecting the link again. If that doesn't work, try another browser as I notice that IE (Internet Explorer) can be better then Chrome at times.

If it still does not work, PM me the ticket number and I will try to see.

KavZ

GearBest.com Rep

Yes every time They do not have any problems with that, besides you using Paypal that have a 60 days buyers protection so you have up to 60 days to raise the issue with Paypal to get your transaction reversed if you don't come right with Paypal.

See above

As for worth it, well I got a Xiaomi Mi 5 for less than half the local pricing, 3D printers for way less than even building my own so I would go yes. I even used Gearbest to Post, yes registered mail post me some phone covers that I bought for $2 each. took 2 months to get here but I got them.

Had a ticket with cheap headphones that where broken on arrival and they simply send me another pair at no extra charge.

TLDR: Sure you get hickups but they do get sorted, I trust them way more than say someone on BitOrBuy or OLX.
    Very good points. They can be issues but they do generally get sorted out. And because of PayPal, it is much safer then before.

Regarding the airmail, for low risk items, I don't mind. For me personally, if I order something, I want it and when it gets lost, it is frustrating. PayPal does come to the rescue though.

KavZ

Quote Originally Posted by GearBestZA View Post
    The only time I have seen that is if you are not logged in. Login in another session (a separate tab) and then try selecting the link again. If that doesn't work, try another browser as I notice that IE (Internet Explorer) can be better then Chrome at times.

If it still does not work, PM me the ticket number and I will try to see.

KavZ
    Tried this on a couple of browsers now. I can't view any of my tickets and I got an email indicating that something is still wrong with my order, but I can't even confirm what it is.

Really frustrating.

KavZ, I'll PM you.

Edit: somehow managed to get into the ticket list (after the error I just went to support.gearbest.com and somehow it started working again).

So apparently my address was accepted. Now my one item is on backorder until 29 September.

In Pretoria it looks like your Suburb IS the city. My address is currently:

Street: xxxx
    City: Lynnwood Glen
    State: Pretoria, Gauteng
    Zip Code: 0081
    Last edited by ebendl; 23-09-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Finally shipped my order - or at least 2/4 items. Aramex shipping with tracking number. I hope the rest ships soon and also with Aramex.

Now to get an invoice out of them.

GearBest.com Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ebendl View Post
    Finally shipped my order - or at least 2/4 items. Aramex shipping with tracking number. I hope the rest ships soon and also with Aramex.

Now to get an invoice out of them.
    They should ship out all the rest of the items with Aramex as well. I recently placed an order and it was shipped out in 3 different Aramex packages. The last two were only a day apart but was shipped separately.

KavZ

FYI If you pay with your card and not paypal and request a refund you'll lose abit of money.

Also the few times I've tried to order is leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.

They full of crap. Ordered something on the 16th of this month and luckily (or so I taught) had an option for DHL for around 12 dollars. When purchasing, shipping was said to occur between 20-25 September and still nothing. I didn't cancel it but if I look at the same item now it's almost double the price and shipping is said to occur next day and DHL express is 42 dollars.
    Last edited by Sayf777; 29-09-2017 at 02:52 AM.

Hi all

I received my shipment in Cape Town - took 2 weeks. I have ordered previously and used the postal system. You have to be obsessive and literally track the order every day. I thought it was very painless using Aramex over postal system as you receive notification quicker and customs seem to be painless. When I ordered through the postal system I had to eventually called the mail hub and was told all the customs fees etc where as Aramex emailed and called me first and shipment was released and sent to Cape Town quickly.
    PITY Aramex messed up the address.... and I made them send me my parcel after hours.
    So I will definitely pay extra and not use free option - next time.
    My woes really started when I seemed to have received the dud of the litter and my phone died the following morning.
    This is where things get tricky - you can only return the parcel via postal service as Gearbest refuse courier deliveries. The SA post office refused to send phones - their policy to prevent theft - typical. I then tried Post Net for what is called global mail. You send the phone via courier to UK - and then it goes via Royal Mail. But only certain branches offer this option. SIGH.
    3rd time lucky - I used CourierIt and they will send via global mail and well who knows where my dear dead phone is now because you can not track it nor insure the parcel. EEEEEEEKKKKKKKK
    Gearbest will refund me postal vee and the invoice was R110 -not bad. However when I get the replacement - I hope soon - I will have to cover customs fees AGAIN. Lets hope they keep the value down when invoicing. Something about giving you Gearbest points in return....
    I might go through the Paypal cancel route.

I will keep you posted.... (no pun intedned)

Quote Originally Posted by GearBestZA View Post
    Good day,

I am on your side with this shipping issue. It is driving me mad and I am trying to work with them to resolve but they keep saying that clients who have issues have to go through the contact center (useless in my mind). They take long to respond, keep asking you to wait, and don't really answer your questions.

Regarding shipping, if you pay for DHL and they send Aramex (Cheaper) or Airmail (Cheapest), take screen shots of the difference in pricing and esculate to PayPal. I know it is a bit extreme but gets results as I believe it is wrong to charge you more and send it with a cheaper service. And contacting them doesn't give results most of the time.

As a short term solution, I am offering anybody who is having address issues and cannot seem to resolve it, can PM me and I will give you my details and ask them to ship it to me. Once it arrives, you can arrange to fetch it or I can courier it to you. Do note though that the items will be on my personal name. I am currently doing the documentation for a importing license so that it does become easier over time as I believe at some point with the quantity of items that I import, they might start stopping everything to do invoice and proof of payment confirmation. Do you think this will help?

If I could, I would rather send everything to me and get them then sent to every client but that is an administration nightmare mainly since I do not own a company and do this part time. Any other suggestions on what I can do to try resolve this issue?

KavZ

Wow I must say, I'm really not lucky when it comes to Gearbest.

After my initial delays in sending out the package and validating my addressed, part of it finally shipped on the 26th. Second part was promised to ship out on the 29th, but has yet to ship. Gearbest have yet to respond to my ticket a day later.

The first package was shipped with Aramex, but I just checked the tracking and saw this:

Name:  02-10-2017 23-15-29.png
Views: 238
Size:  29.2 KB

So more delays

And my other Amazon.de package is stuck at Customs since 17 September with no further updates.

EDIT: GearBest is essentially closed during Golden week -- https://support.gearbest.com/en/notice/1
    Last edited by ebendl; 03-10-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Got my package yesterday. It went from weird errors in Dubai to "out for delivery" in a day.

Weird thing is I never got a call or email or SMS about customs. Didn't seem as if I needed to pay customs or import VAT?

Not complaining!

Still waiting for the second part of my order which has not yet shipped.

Good heavens, this thread has been an emotional roller coaster!

I am also looking at importing a phone from Gearbest / Geekbuying / Global Solutions / Honor Buy, but holy smokes I am nipping at the thought of having to deal with this hassle.

Anyway, I'm subbing this thread so that I can see if @ebendl gets his goods, and when I am ready to order I may just give KavZ a call since he seems to know his way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Good heavens, this thread has been an emotional roller coaster!

I am also looking at importing a phone from Gearbest / Geekbuying / Global Solutions / Honor Buy, but holy smokes I am nipping at the thought of having to deal with this hassle.

Anyway, I'm subbing this thread so that I can see if @ebendl gets his goods, and when I am ready to order I may just give KavZ a call since he seems to know his way around.
    Unfortunately In SA we have to gamble seeing that we kinda 3rd world with a postal service that does not exist.

GearBest.com Rep

Unfortunately In SA we have to gamble seeing that we kinda 3rd world with a postal service that does not exist.
    Yeah, it is unfortunate that the Airmail service is so bad here in SA. I always suggest people use Aramex or DHL. Regarding the tracking, they suppose to contact you once it arrives but they have not been. I would advise that if you do have something coming in, track it daily in case they need something from you. It does depend on whether the item is in stock though.

I still make weekly orders as it is still so much better to wait a few weeks verses months for Airmail. Airmail is cheap (free in most places). Airmail is nice but I do not use unless it is for something that is less important for me.

I do notice that they seem to be splitting orders depending when and how they get the items on their side. My last order was split into 4 packages over 2 weeks and sent through. It is unfortunate but helps with customs as each package is now less but I still only paid once for shipping.

Regarding the postal code hassles, it is generally only for the first order. On the second order, you can use the correct postal code and the whole process will be so much smoother.

Aramex has been facing issues with delays on the tracking but it just means they forgot to scan it in Dubai. It does normally come right within a day or 2. If it does take longer then that, then I would suggest you call them. Aramex also do cover a certain amount if it gets lost. You, if you paid with PayPal, they do cover you for up to 40 days.

KavZ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast