Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Telkom R99 Freeme through Mondo Call Centre

Default Telkom R99 Freeme through Mondo Call Centre

Hi Guys

I want to get the R99 FreeMe plan from Telkom. And it so happened that I got a call from Mondo Call Centre on behalf of Telkom yesterday offering me this plan. I just have to confirm Banking details and Address for delivery with a R29 once off admin fee.

Just wanted to know if they are a legit company, so I can go ahead with this or I should just walk into a store. If its legit, it will make my life easier. Please let me know

Thanks

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtdiver View Post
    Hi Guys

I want to get the R99 FreeMe plan from Telkom. And it so happened that I got a call from Mondo Call Centre on behalf of Telkom yesterday offering me this plan. I just have to confirm Banking details and Address for delivery with a R29 once off admin fee.

Just wanted to know if they are a legit company, so I can go ahead with this or I should just walk into a store. If its legit, it will make my life easier. Please let me know

Thanks
    Best way is to get it from a Telkom store

Hi Guys

I just have to confirm Banking details and Address for delivery with a R29 once off admin fee.

I may be paranoid, but I refuse to give out details to anyone who cold-calls me.

One morning not too many months ago, I received a call from a "Standard Bank" representative who told me that I have to redo my fica info. She was kind enough to offer to do this telephonically. All she wanted was my address, id number and bank account number.....

I politely refused and said that I would visit a branch later that day. The well-spoken lady became insistent, then abrasive when I continued to refuse. I have still not been to the bank, but my account has not yet been frozen.

Beware of cold-calling

Understand what guys are saying. When i googled them, they look legit but just wondered if anyone dealt with them.

They guy on the phone was not rude, insistent or anything. I told him call me back a day later and I want to check if all is order with them first. He was cool. Lets see if anyone else used them or a Telkom Rep responds.

Understand what guys are saying. When i googled them, they look legit but just wondered if anyone dealt with them.

They guy on the phone was not rude, insistent or anything. I told him call me back a day later and I want to check if all is order with them first. He was cool. Lets see if anyone else used them or a Telkom Rep responds.
    Just go to Telkom and do it directly with them...

Be wary of using a middle man to provide you a service you can get directly from the supplier yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    I have been called a retard my whole life

Grandmaster

They called me last week, talking about a wonderful opportunity which needed to be taken up immediately. When pressed, the caller explained the exact same Telkom freeme deal that I can buy anytime on prepaid.

I was like, tell me how it's different to me getting it through Telkom directly. The response: click (dial tone).

Thanks guys not doing it.

But tell me how I get this via prepaid. Am I reading correctly?

What is this free me

But tell me how I get this via prepaid. Am I reading correctly?
    The prepaid is purchased via the telkom app or via ussd (*180#). All you need is a prepaid Telkom Mobile sim that had been rica'd

The post-paid requires that you must register for month-to-month or a 24 month contract via telkom. A trip to a branch is probably required, but you may be able to activate the contact through their call-centre (I think 081 180)

Rather get it on prepaid it's the same thing.

Grandmaster

Stay away from Mondo Mobile! They are a bunch of fraudsters! Personal experience.

Super Grandmaster

These are probably the same people who keep calling me. They claim to be from Telkom and offer me a contract. When I ask them what package I'm currently on (since they claim to be Telkom) they tell me that the system is offline.
    Our choices are not always our own to make.

My wife took out an MTN contract through Mondo mobile and she was told she can cancel anytime through them but I am suspicious because they first told her that she can cancel free of charge within 10 days of receiving the phone which is very soon but they've convinced her yet again today to keep the contract until the first bill arrives because she was querying through MTN and she was put on a higher contract "due to affordability". I will just have to put my foot down otherwise they will demand a cancellation fee after the 10 days.

Yeah i think i had one of these calls this week, just told them i have got a iphone why would i want some ****ty J5 or something

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast