Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Who will fight for me

  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marius Flash View Post
    Now everyone knows your MAC address
    And that would be a problem why? No one can do ***** with that

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irBosOtter View Post
    And that would be a problem why? No one can do ***** with that
    No one can do ***** with that
    why?
    Do what is right! Not what is easy! "http://www.values.com/inspirational-stories-tv-spots/78-reach":


  3. #18
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    5,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Defib View Post
    Troll
    Bright spark , problem still exists .
    If it walks like a duck and kwaks like a duck ..its a duck
    Full consciousness will come to very few people in their life time .

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Defib View Post
    My issue is that I pay for a 4meg line and get 2.5meg
    Hi Defib, my guess is that the length of your copper wire from the exchange is 3½ km. That’s why you’re getting 2,5 mbps on a 4 mbps line. Your downstream line attenuation is 48 dB. Please check your router’s WAN Line Status and tell me I’m wrong.

    Please also check your speed with the Ookla speed test. Click here: http://www.speedtest.net/
    Last edited by beesboertjie; 21-08-2017 at 12:33 PM.

  5. #20
    Super Grandmaster Johnatan56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    15,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beesboertjie View Post
    Hi Defib, my guess is that the length of your copper wire from the exchange is 3½ km. That’s why you’re getting 2,5 mbps on a 4 mbps line. Your downstream line attenuation is 48 dB. Please check your router’s WAN Line Status and tell me I’m wrong.

    Please also check your speed with the Ookla speed test. Click here: http://www.speedtest.net/
    48dB should still allow 4Mbps. At about the 4km mark when you hit 55dB Attenuation you will get below 4Mbps.
    This site has one of the most accurate tables I've found, the speed test guide one where you enter values is not that great. http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co...-loss-distance

    He's either at 6km, exposed line, line fault or 2Mbps with interleaved. That's why I'm asking for the line stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBadger View Post
    Welcome to life. It's your life. Do what you want.
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6136410418

  6. #21

    Default

    Hi Jonathan56. Thanks a million for the link to the website “Increase Broadband Speed”. Be sure that I will study it in detail ... later. For now I wish to alter my guess above. I guess Defib is 3,3 km from the exchange and his attenuation is 46 dB. Hehe. This is how I deduced it …

    Attachment 457062
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by beesboertjie; 21-08-2017 at 08:12 PM.

  7. #22
    Super Grandmaster Johnatan56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    15,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beesboertjie View Post
    Hi Jonathan56. Thanks a million for the link to the website “Increase Broadband Speed”. Be sure that I will study it in detail ... later. For now I wish to alter my guess above. I guess Defib is 3,3 km from the exchange and his attenuation is 46 dB. Hehe. This is how I deduced it …

    Attachment 457062
    That's not how it works. The max achievable would be if your SNR is 6dB. (for this table, though in reality, you can still sync stably at ~4dB (at least my line did before ASSIA, which enforces a minimum 6dB SNR sync))
    So assume if e.g. 46dB Attenuation (Line Loss), Line Length of 3.33km, Sync of 5.6Mbps (capital, not lower case) then the line would have 6dB of SNR.

    If you are syncing at a lower value, e.g. 2Mbps, your SNR would be higher as there is more frequency available, probably around the 8-9dB SNR mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBadger View Post
    Welcome to life. It's your life. Do what you want.
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6136410418

  8. #23

    Default

    Thank you Johnatan56. Yes I see, the prefix for mega is M, the prefix for milli is m. I got confused, because in kWh the W is a capital letter because it’s somebody’s name (James Watt). It stays kWh in Afrikaans as well, it does not change to kWu, the h stands for the Latin word hora, meaning hour.

    And as far as I know B means byte and b means bit.

    Unlike Alessandro Volta and André-Marie Ampère, James Watt had little to do with electricity, he built a steam engine. Thomas Edison used the Watt engine for his electrical generator in the late 1800’s.

    I bow to your superior knowledge. But I’d still like to see Defib’s router stats before I throw in the towel. Hehe. I stick to my guns, I still think Defib is more than 3 km from the exchange.

  9. #24
    Super Grandmaster Johnatan56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    15,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beesboertjie View Post
    Thank you Johnatan56. Yes I see, the prefix for mega is M, the prefix for milli is m. I got confused, because in kWh the W is a capital letter because it’s somebody’s name (James Watt). It stays kWh in Afrikaans as well, it does not change to kWu, the h stands for the Latin word hora, meaning hour.

    And as far as I know B means byte and b means bit.

    Unlike Alessandro Volta and André-Marie Ampère, James Watt had little to do with electricity, he built a steam engine. Thomas Edison used the Watt engine for his electrical generator in the late 1800’s.

    I bow to your superior knowledge. But I’d still like to see Defib’s router stats before I throw in the towel. Hehe. I stick to my guns, I still think Defib is more than 3 km from the exchange.
    Yep, the question is more along the lines of whether he is past the 4km mark.
    Bandwidth is measured in bps, just the industry norm And yes to your B vs b.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBadger View Post
    Welcome to life. It's your life. Do what you want.
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6136410418

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Johannesburg municipality: To fight or not to fight
    By ice_blade_za in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17-09-2015, 05:47 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2015, 10:05 AM
  3. Have you ever been in a fight?
    By DrewChan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 04:50 PM
  4. Who would win in a Fight?
    By DrewChan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-11-2012, 12:15 PM
  5. Egyptian man to fight a lion in a cage fight
    By nivek in forum News and Current Affairs
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 15-06-2011, 08:43 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •