Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reconsider MWEB as ISP.

Angry Reconsider MWEB as ISP.

I am posting this thread to make all the people aware of MWEB's service and performance.

I have been with MWEB for just over 7 years, had minimal issues, but when you do have one the service these days are horrible.

I have been getting latency issues (300ms-450ms) with MWEB for the past 3 months, logged multiple tickets. At first I thought it can be exchange congestion as it is every day only from 5PM - 10PM, thus I got trial accounts with Web Africa and Crystalweb...Both these ISPs gave me 10ms-25ms, I tested this parallel at the same time and same location over about 3 days.

MWEB agents advised me that they have a breakout (routing) issue at JHB site...

So I decided to move to Crystal web as my ISP, requesting to move line and all, MWEB advised you have to give calendar month notice (which is fair).
    But now they go and close/resolve all my open tickets stating account is due to be cancelled...and I still need to pay for the next calendar month.

Note: latency was tested with multiple tool sets, games and applications.

This all proved MWEB to currently be the worst ISP if you are closest to JHB servers.

Rather pay an extra 100 bucks a month and get quality...#MWEBNOTWHATTHEYUSEDTOBE

Hope you guys find this helpful when looking for ISP or looking to move

Left MWEB for the same reason a whole back, between 17:00 and 22:00 online gaming to international servers became impossible. No matter how many tickets I logged and extended chats to "experts" could resolve it.

I've never had anything but good service from Mweb, especially from @mwebhelp here on the forum. Telkom, is a different story altogether. My Line has been pretty much stuffed for a year now, since Telkom refuses to fix it, as the fault lies somewhere where part of the cable runs underground.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy-Z View Post
    I've never had anything but good service from Mweb, especially from @mwebhelp here on the forum. Telkom, is a different story altogether. My Line has been pretty much stuffed for a year now, since Telkom refuses to fix it, as the fault lies somewhere where part of the cable runs underground.
    I always said the same thing about them, I hope for your sake you dont end up being so disappointed...

Dumped MWeb as well because of their stupid FUP/AUP. I still don't get how an ISP can limit you on an uncapped account via data usage on a monthly basis (or rolling 30 days). Yes sure I am still uncapped but throttled like hell which makes it useless. Also beginning of the month everybody has full speed by the end of the month everybody throttled like mad however the actual pipe is idling. Just plain stupid.

Apply a FUP/AUP when needed otherwise give full speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarnicate View Post
    Dumped MWeb as well because of their stupid FUP/AUP. I still don't get how an ISP can limit you on an uncapped account via data usage on a monthly basis (or rolling 30 days). Yes sure I am still uncapped but throttled like hell which makes it useless. Also beginning of the month everybody has full speed by the end of the month everybody throttled like mad however the actual pipe is idling. Just plain stupid.

Apply a FUP/AUP when needed otherwise give full speed.
    Also had that problem when I was uncapped, spoke to about 10 agents before someone was able to advise that when you are uncapped they start throttling your speed and you will only get a quarter of your speed, and they start doing it at 130 - 140GB.

I agree they should add this type of info to their T&Cs on FUP

Not many here are considering them as an "ISP" to begin with.
    Handtekening

I'd sooner sign up with Telkom than Mweb, and I really don't like Telkom.

Been having the same latency issue for three months as well, the support regarding the issue has been ****ty for me as well. I had to constantly beg for updates on the matter. Their support has gone down the drain.

Was with mweb. Left them last year. For 3 months, I couldn't stream at all. Between 7am - 11.30pm, videos buffered. Switch ISPs and everything was perfect. Kept telling them but they did nothing to resolve. Mweb has gone right down.

Has anyone been offered a credit for this? I asked and was told no credit was allocated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mielie101 View Post
    I am posting this thread to make all the people aware of MWEB's service and performance.

I have been with MWEB for just over 7 years, had minimal issues, but when you do have one the service these days are horrible.

I have been getting latency issues (300ms-450ms) with MWEB for the past 3 months, logged multiple tickets. At first I thought it can be exchange congestion as it is every day only from 5PM - 10PM, thus I got trial accounts with Web Africa and Crystalweb...Both these ISPs gave me 10ms-25ms, I tested this parallel at the same time and same location over about 3 days.

MWEB agents advised me that they have a breakout (routing) issue at JHB site...

So I decided to move to Crystal web as my ISP, requesting to move line and all, MWEB advised you have to give calendar month notice (which is fair).
    But now they go and close/resolve all my open tickets stating account is due to be cancelled...and I still need to pay for the next calendar month.

Note: latency was tested with multiple tool sets, games and applications.

This all proved MWEB to currently be the worst ISP if you are closest to JHB servers.

Rather pay an extra 100 bucks a month and get quality...#MWEBNOTWHATTHEYUSEDTOBE

Hope you guys find this helpful when looking for ISP or looking to move

I am also getting a bit pissed off with mweb's shaping. From about 6 to 11pm the shaping bad, I cant even download apps from the app store. At least netflix streams well.

At least fibre getting laid in my area, so soon I will be on Fiber, but not with mweb as my ISP. MWeb will find away to shape fiber to death.

I also switched to CrystalWeb at the beginning of this month and although I'm paying slightly more the service runs like a dream.

Mweb would have a heart attack if I did 500Gb in a 30 day rolling window and put me on ISDN speeds, which happened frequently. Now with CrystalWeb I don't have any such problems and their service is excellent.

I could never complain about Mweb before and I always recommended them, but lately they have gotten worse and worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    I'd sooner sign up with Telkom than Mweb, and I really don't like Telkom.
    +1
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by Wall View Post
    +1
    +2.
    Handtekening

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast