Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goedemoed & The Crest, Durbanville trenching (Vuma + Octo)

Quote Originally Posted by irBosOtter View Post
    Yes, mine went live last night, in Piscali street.
    Might have chosen the wrong ISP as my international speeds are far worse than my 4Mb adsl line (

If you can wait for Octotel, that is if you want 10Mb option, ISP's charge the same for the 10Mb package where on Vumatel you get 4Mb for the same price

But 20Mb packages and up are the same price so if that is the case just go with Vumatel

Octotel still busy trenching

Phone them to schedule install, friend got his installed this morning, he is in Goedemoed/The Crest area

I did not want to pay more than I did for 4Mb ADSL, so choose the 4Mb line. Seems I should have stayed on ADSL rather. Yes, I am cheapskate lol. Only me in the house so no real need for more but would have liked 10Mb from Octotel for same price I am now paying for 4Mb

Local Speedtest 4.18Mbps down and 0.93Mbps up
    International, 2.01Mbps max down and 0.91Mbps up, that is the max I got, mostly 1.2Mbps down international, can't even stream youtube now, ISP is Rocketnet

Did log a call with them but still need to send screenshots of the speedtests, so hopefully something that can be sorted
    Yeah don't know what communication circus Vumatel is running... Called Nano Fiber about an hour ago, they scheduled an install for me on Monday. Received a call back 10mins ago, Vumatel told them they are not allowed yet. But 2 days ago Vumatel confirmed they are up and running.

Decided to leave as is and follow up in 1-2 weeks. Thanks for the reply

Yes, mine went live last night, in Piscali street.
    Might have chosen the wrong ISP as my international speeds are far worse than my 4Mb adsl line (

If you can wait for Octotel, that is if you want 10Mb option, ISP's charge the same for the 10Mb package where on Vumatel you get 4Mb for the same price

But 20Mb packages and up are the same price so if that is the case just go with Vumatel

Octotel still busy trenching

Phone them to schedule install, friend got his installed this morning, he is in Goedemoed/The Crest area

I did not want to pay more than I did for 4Mb ADSL, so choose the 4Mb line. Seems I should have stayed on ADSL rather. Yes, I am cheapskate lol. Only me in the house so no real need for more but would have liked 10Mb from Octotel for same price I am now paying for 4Mb

Local Speedtest 4.18Mbps down and 0.93Mbps up
    International, 2.01Mbps max down and 0.91Mbps up, that is the max I got, mostly 1.2Mbps down international, can't even stream youtube now, ISP is Rocketnet

Did log a call with them but still need to send screenshots of the speedtests, so hopefully something that can be sorted
    Oh boy, I was really considering Rocketnet as a ISP for the 4Mb for now. But that sounds bad.
    \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Hein69 View Post
    Oh boy, I was really considering Rocketnet as a ISP for the 4Mb for now. But that sounds bad.
    Mine is sorted now, full speed to international as well. Also decided to upgrade to 20mb and the change took 5 minutes, also full speed on 20Mb so it seems whatever the issue was is gone
    Name:  6688554756.png
Views: 29
Size:  30.5 KB
    Last edited by irBosOtter; 08-10-2017 at 08:06 AM.

Mine is sorted now, full speed to international as well. Also decided to upgrade to 20mb and the change took 5 minutes, also full speed on 20Mb so it seems whatever the issue was is gone
    Name:  6688554756.png
Views: 29
Size:  30.5 KB
    Thanks for letting me know. Looks like 20Mb is the way to go
    Last edited by Hein69; 08-10-2017 at 01:35 PM.
    \_(ツ)_/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12