Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Invoicing screwup

Super Grandmaster

Default Invoicing screwup

It seems Afrihost have screwed up the invoicing this month - none of my data connection accounts appear on the invoice. So, thinking that come the 1st, I'd be cut off from the outside world, I phoned, and a very helpful person told me that they're aware of the problem, and I'll be sent a separate invoice for the connectivity accounts.

My issue is, if you've screwed up, and you know you've screwed up, why on earth would you sit back and wait for irate customers to call you? Surely you sent out an email immediately explaining that there is a problem and that you're aware of it and are resolving it. Unless they've started to enjoy verbal abuse...

Everyone has an excuse that it's someone else's responsibility to deal with it. Has no-one in the company got the gumption to act when there's a problem? You don't need to have all the answers, you just need to let your clients know that you're dealing with it.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

I have found Afrihost's general level of service has plummeted in the last 6 months. I now get a "FU" response instead of something useful
    Things won are done; joy's soul lies in the doing

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    I have found Afrihost's general level of service has plummeted in the last 6 months. I now get a "FU" response instead of something useful
    After responding with my own "FU"s back at them, I no longer even receive responses... lol

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Its not really a "FU" response. More like words that do not mean anything and definitely do not answer the original question. Good politician speak if I can put it that way

Its not really a "FU" response. More like words that do not mean anything and definitely do not answer the original question. Good politician speak if I can put it that way
    I know what you meant - it's almost as if there staff can't actually read tickets. I've shown some of the replies to friends and they are convinced it could only be a bot that could give such nonsensical replies

I was just thinking about starting a thread about Afrihost going the wrong way. They show my mobile prepaid as postpaid. And the ticket responses are full of typos and non-understandable language.
    Previously I did not even consider another ISP (for ADSL, and future fibre), but now I am looking elsewhere.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

If you distrust staff to generate useful replies, then you provide them with a selection of sentences which they can choose to use to provide an answer. Many insurance companies use this type of response. These are carefully tailored so as not to commit the company to any liability.

When I worked for Safmarine in the Loss Control dept, I drew up a list of such sentences which, while sounding contrite, totally absolved them of any loss whatsoever, and closed the door to further negotiation.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Stlll no response from Afrihost? A PM to Afriman and a post on the customer form. No reply

Here I am, money in hand, want to buy their product yet no-one is interested

Are they awash with money?

Super Grandmaster

Are they awash with money?
    No, but I think that the owners are. And they've not got a finger on the pulse of the business anymore. It's gone all corporate and the days when you could pop an email off to Gian and get a response are long gone.

Now you can't even get a reply from the guy whose job it is to monitor this sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin62 View Post
    No, but I think that the owners are. And they've not got a finger on the pulse of the business anymore. It's gone all corporate and the days when you could pop an email off to Gian and get a response are long gone.

Now you can't even get a reply from the guy whose job it is to monitor this sub-forum.
    My apologies for missing this thread, it doesn't look like we picked up on it.

I can definitely help with this, just please drop me a PM with your details!
    "Great Scott!"

+ Reply to Thread