Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 50M outside of Rain LTE-A coverage zone

Question 50M outside of Rain LTE-A coverage zone

I am give or take 50m outside of the Rain LTE-A coverage zone and get full 4g coverage from within my home on my cellphone. Crystalweb are willing to send me a router and start a month to month contract even with these conditions. Should I bite the bullet on this and try it out???

Does anyone in the Durban area have experience operating an LTE router just outside of the coverage map???

Not In DBN, but in JHB and yes, also just outside and 50mb/s

@Jimbo, i was about 75m outside coverage when they started, mailed [email protected] with my adress and are now are well within coverage. Some people reporting coverage outside the map as indicated on the site. As long as Crystal web have a return policy , like web afrika, give it a go!
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Thanks for the quick replies guys, really ready to push the button on this one and just wanted some opinions will speak to the Crystalweb support tonight and post a message back here about the return policy for those that are interested as well.

Just be careful, if you are officially out of coverage area, how they assist you can be effected when experiencing technical issues.

Grandmaster

Just buy a cheap prepaid SIM and test it
    Asus Sabertooth Z77 | i5 3570k | CM V6GT | 16GB RipjawsX 1866 | Asus GTX670 2GB | GB Superb 720 PSU | CM HAF X | Acer G245H

Quote Originally Posted by bromster View Post
    Just buy a cheap prepaid SIM and test it
    And how do you go about buying a cheap Rain prepaid SIM ?
    I never apologise. Iím sorry, thatís just the way I am.

Grandmaster

Oops. They haven't rolled out their mobile yet. Sorry.
    Asus Sabertooth Z77 | i5 3570k | CM V6GT | 16GB RipjawsX 1866 | Asus GTX670 2GB | GB Superb 720 PSU | CM HAF X | Acer G245H

Quote Originally Posted by bromster View Post
    Oops. They haven't rolled out their mobile yet. Sorry.
    I was almost getting excited, I'm about 50m from the coverage map too.

I mailed them and they said I they are rolling out new towers in my area in the next couple of months. Seems they are quite aggressive in getting customers.
    I never apologise. Iím sorry, thatís just the way I am.

Right now I'm sending Webafrica an email regarding the return policy as @davyb said I should check if the circumstances change based on my situation. Spoke to a CW agent and as far as they know there is no return policy regarding bad signal service, so really only buy from them if you know for sure your covered on the network. Definitely going to give this a shot if Webafrica give me the green light. Will post results in a few days if we manage to get the LTE router set up here.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboJambo View Post
    Right now I'm sending Webafrica an email regarding the return policy as @davyb said I should check if the circumstances change based on my situation. Spoke to a CW agent and as far as they know there is no return policy regarding bad signal service, so really only buy from them if you know for sure your covered on the network. Definitely going to give this a shot if Webafrica give me the green light. Will post results in a few days if we manage to get the LTE router set up here.
    If you are outside the coverage area then NO ISP will give you a return, as they won't even give you the product unless you sign a waiver.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
    If you are outside the coverage area then NO ISP will give you a return, as they won't even give you the product unless you sign a waiver.
    Do you know this for a fact about their return policy? And that's pretty much why I'm dropping them an email. This is also posted at the bottom of their coverage map. "While we continually update our map to ensure reliability, please note that on occasion the data supplied by the underlying LTE-A infrastructure provider is not always 100% accurate."

Have sent them an email and posted on their Facebook. Will be able to know in a couple hours what they can do for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
    Apologies for making a new comment with the same quote, Webafrica just got back to me and said that I am allowed to retain all the benefits of their return policy So all of you guys that were in 2 minds about applying for service and are slightly out of range, drop webafrica an email on their support line and they will help you in knowing if you are allowed to retain the return policy based on your location. Applying for the service tonight and will post results when the router comes.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboJambo View Post
    Apologies for making a new comment with the same quote, Webafrica just got back to me and said that I am allowed to retain all the benefits of their return policy So all of you guys that were in 2 minds about applying for service and are slightly out of range, drop webafrica an email on their support line and they will help you in knowing if you are allowed to retain the return policy based on your location. Applying for the service tonight and will post results when the router comes.
    It is going to be very interesting to see the response from Internet Solutions to Web Africa regarding this offer.

Finally got my LTE package, went with the 440gb pm for R1350.

and I am in a dead zone for coverage, about 50m out.

Name:  speeeed.jpg
Views: 1906
Size:  83.1 KB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast