Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Telkom Dlink 2750u Hacked

Quote Originally Posted by krustyrsa View Post
    damn O.o, just assisted a client on Wednesday with same issue. Could Telkoms Radius server have been hacked?
    How would this be related?

(In case you misunderstand me, no, there is now way RADIUS relates to this).

[/QUOTE]
    ..the router had all its default settings intact, accept for the suspicious WIFI SSID...MickeyD could we please make telkom aware of this?. I'm sure there are a lot more people who experienced this issue.[/QUOTE]

MickeyD seems to think they are aware of it.

It may not necessarily be useful to discuss workarounds yet.
    Nothing I post on this forum represents the views of the company I work for (or used to).
    Note: I no longer work in the telecommunications or ISP sectors.

Quote Originally Posted by bees View Post

Which ISP you with?
    Unless you are meaning that some ISPs intercept the traffic that could be used in the "hack", which ISP you use is irrelevant.
    Nothing I post on this forum represents the views of the company I work for (or used to).
    Note: I no longer work in the telecommunications or ISP sectors.

Quote Originally Posted by schuits View Post
    Ok was "hacked" again. I say hacked in inverted commas cause clearly this isn't a hack.
    Whomever is doing this doesn't know the admin passwords that we have set or he would have reset those too. So I suspect he's using the support password.

There's a default support login on these modems. With the password as guess what...."support"!
    (alternatively there's a default telkom password aswell)

I upgraded my firmware and changed the guest and support logins, hope it doesn't happen again.

ftp://ftp.d-link.co.za/DSL/DSL-2750u..._R01%20LATEST/
    Did that when I first got the router already. Stock firmware ftw!
    It's easy to think that religion is a lie when all I see is the hypocrite through the splinters in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by schuits View Post
    Ok was "hacked" again. I say hacked in inverted commas cause clearly this isn't a hack.
    Whomever is doing this doesn't know the admin passwords that we have set or he would have reset those too. So I suspect he's using the support password.

There's a default support login on these modems. With the password as guess what...."support"!
    (alternatively there's a default telkom password aswell)

I upgraded my firmware and changed the guest and support logins, hope it doesn't happen again.

ftp://ftp.d-link.co.za/DSL/DSL-2750u..._R01%20LATEST/
    Yup it's really as simple as that, the fact that the access details are out in the wild.

If those were changed there is no way they can get in (this easily) again.

It's not a hack at all, just a case of having prior knowledge.

Same thing happened on my friend's DWR 730 this morning... Sigh

I have a client thats been hacked like this multiple times this week, I changed all security settings but they still get in so I assume the firmware is vulnerable, it's probably a bot network scanning for vulnerable modems.

After installing the latest firmware I also changed the access codes for the "support" user under Maintenance. The default support password on the Telkom routers is TelkomDlink12345, be sure to change this as well.
    Last edited by NicholasDK; 06-10-2017 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Updated

Just got the same thing dwr 730. Old password not working

Quote Originally Posted by NicholasDK View Post
    I have a client thats been hacked like this multiple times this week, I changed all security settings but they still get in so I assume the firmware is vulnerable, it's probably a bot network scanning for vulnerable modems.

After installing the latest firmware I also changed the access codes for the "support" user under Maintenance. The default support password on the Telkom routers is TelkomDlink12345, be sure to change this as well.
    Disable WPS

Seems like a brute force on the WPS pin. just disable WPS in the Wifi settings

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

just one vuln from 2015... https://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/0...hijack_d_link/

However, there are many other vulnerabilities. Just use Smoothwall or pfSense to get rid for good of this vulnerability.
    Time is almost at an end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12