Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 825 of 954

Thread: This is the Telkom LIT Android media box

  1. #811
    Super Grandmaster techead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    by the mountain
    Posts
    11,771
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kensei2605 View Post
    I want to buy a lit box today. Read through the forum stupid question but why do you have to sideload the apps if google play is available
    My understanding is that android and android tv are different although they run on the same core system.

    So essentially you running a version of an app made for a phone/tab on your LIT box which is android tv not android which you would find on the phone/tab

    Unless Iím way off here??

  2. #812
    Super Grandmaster techead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    by the mountain
    Posts
    11,771
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leonb View Post
    Yes. Not working for me.
    Just guide me through your steps please, want to replicate the issue (or at least try)

  3. #813

    Default

    O okay makes sense so if I understand correctly the apps from apkpure for example is for android tv

  4. #814
    Super Grandmaster techead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    by the mountain
    Posts
    11,771
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kensei2605 View Post
    O okay makes sense so if I understand correctly the apps from apkpure for example is for android tv
    Think itís the other way around

  5. #815

    Default

    Why is Netflix app available on the Play Store for a Mibox and not for the LIT? They are both official Android TV boxes.

  6. #816
    Super Grandmaster techead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    by the mountain
    Posts
    11,771
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stiller26 View Post
    Why is Netflix app available on the Play Store for a Mibox and not for the LIT? They are both official Android TV boxes.
    Honestly not sure, Iím still new to this and getting to grips with alles

  7. #817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by techead View Post
    Honestly not sure, Iím still new to this and getting to grips with alles
    I have a Mibox and got the Netflix app from the Store. DSTV Now is sideloaded.

  8. #818
    Super Grandmaster techead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    by the mountain
    Posts
    11,771
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default This is the Telkom LIT Android media box

    Quote Originally Posted by stiller26 View Post
    I have a Mibox and got the Netflix app from the Store. DSTV Now is sideloaded.
    If you search for Netflix on the LIT box there are no results

    No official support, letís hope it comes soon though

    Not sure why or whatís going on. Box was meant to launch with Netflix and DSTV now official support but clearly something went wrong along the way on Telkom side... ???

  9. #819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InternetLuddite View Post
    Check your lan cable ? Maybe it's a faulty or cross over which is not compatible ?
    i tested the same LAN cable that my , Apple TV4 , RPi , and amp are working on and no go ...

  10. #820
    Super Grandmaster techead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    by the mountain
    Posts
    11,771
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thextr3m3 View Post
    i tested the same LAN cable that my , Apple TV4 , RPi , and amp are working on and no go ...
    then it HAS to be a faulty unit. I would take it back and get it swapped out

  11. #821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by techead View Post
    Just guide me through your steps please, want to replicate the issue (or at least try)
    Got it working after a box reset. Not sure why.

  12. #822
    Super Grandmaster techead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    by the mountain
    Posts
    11,771
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leonb View Post
    Got it working after a box reset. Not sure why.
    good stuff

  13. #823

    Default

    Got my lit box today n1 latest version. So far very happy. Only have telkom landline still got it on 24 month contract R40. User interface and speed much better tham my Mx4.

  14. #824
    Super Grandmaster techead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    by the mountain
    Posts
    11,771
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kensei2605 View Post
    Got my lit box today n1 latest version. So far very happy. Only have telkom landline still got it on 24 month contract R40. User interface and speed much better tham my Mx4.
    Let us know what Netflix version you end up using and if you get app crashes in it all the time like I do??

  15. #825

    Default

    Will let you know

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [S]Android 4k media player tv box
    By janplank in forum Classifieds - For Sale
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-03-2016, 08:21 AM
  2. Android Media Player
    By ghoti in forum PC Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23-01-2013, 12:57 PM
  3. Android Media Streamers
    By Dolby in forum TV Services, including DStv, Video on Demand, Video Streaming
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 12:14 AM
  4. USE android as a media remote for PS3
    By Mr Feesh in forum Android
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 04:13 PM
  5. Best Android media players
    By rpm in forum Broadband and IT News
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 23-03-2011, 01:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •