Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help on SP24 Solar geyser controller

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Default Need help on SP24 Solar geyser controller

Hi All
    Does anyone else have a Sp24 Solar geyser controller looks like this.
    i found the manual and a youtube video on it but it doesn't give much info on what setting is what.

Name:  solar-water-heater-controller-intelligent-SP24-for-split-pressure-system-2-years-warranty-500set.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  20.8 KB

I want the solar to warm it up over 60c but electric backup to be only like max 50c so that way the electric doesnt use alot of power and don't need to worry about Legionella if the Solar takes care of that?
    also any other tips the controller doesn't seem very smart as It looks like it works based on a time based for both solar and Electric back up but not purely temp based
    Attached Images  
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

Isie,

It should work strait out of the box. Delta Temp is 7 or 8 deg. Just make sure T1 = temp probe in collector, and T2 is temp probe in geyser. T1 should be a 10K probe , and T2 a 1K probe, else your readings will be off. The pump signal - the arrow pointing upwards on the left of the LCD screen, should start to flash when delta temp is reached, and switch off when T1 is close to T2.
    mylinuxbox> Iburst -r linuxbox> Telkom -T +H
    mylinuxbox> Ibust linuxbox> Helkom
    mynewlinuxbox> Neotel -e
    mynewlinuxbox> Notel

Quote Originally Posted by SideWinder View Post
    Isie,

It should work strait out of the box. Delta Temp is 7 or 8 deg. Just make sure T1 = temp probe in collector, and T2 is temp probe in geyser. T1 should be a 10K probe , and T2 a 1K probe, else your readings will be off. The pump signal - the arrow pointing upwards on the left of the LCD screen, should start to flash when delta temp is reached, and switch off when T1 is close to T2.
    thanks man, thats how its set up , i just need to check what sensors were used in each. so far i had to only replace the sensor on the collector
    But so far looks like it switches off when the temps are close, just like I said doesn't seem very intelligent
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

Yes, I think the unit switches off when the temp of both are close. There should be a setting for this. DELTA ON & DELTA OFF

BTW, I think I got the two probe types mixed up.

T1 (the one in the collector) must be a PT1000 one, T2-T5 is the NTC10k type.
    mylinuxbox> Iburst -r linuxbox> Telkom -T +H
    mylinuxbox> Ibust linuxbox> Helkom
    mynewlinuxbox> Neotel -e
    mynewlinuxbox> Notel

Quote Originally Posted by SideWinder View Post
    Yes, I think the unit switches off when the temp of both are close. There should be a setting for this. DELTA ON & DELTA OFF

BTW, I think I got the two probe types mixed up.

T1 (the one in the collector) must be a PT1000 one, T2-T5 is the NTC10k type.
    yep collector has the pt1000 and the t1 and t2 have the ntc type

+ Reply to Thread