Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Metrofibre for stuffing up our water & electricity

Default Thank you Metrofibre for stuffing up our water & electricity

Thank you Metrofibre for fsking up our complex's water and electricity today. Useless toads.

326 units in Midrand without water and electricity for over 8 hours (and counting) because of your fscking incomptence. Fsck you motherfsckers.

Quote Originally Posted by infscrtyrisk View Post
    326 units in Midrand without water and electricity for over 8 hours (and counting) because of your fscking incomptence. Fsck you motherfsckers.
    Actually not always their fault, they are following the guidelines laid out by the municipalities on where the pipes are supposed to be. Also if most people would rather just have them put up poles it would be cheaper and easier to get fiber into areas. But apparently having poles is unsightly, yet when we had them in the 80/90s it was fine??
    Do you hear the voices, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
    Actually not always their fault, they are following the guidelines laid out by the municipalities on where the pipes are supposed to be. Also if most people would rather just have them put up poles it would be cheaper and easier to get fiber into areas. But apparently having poles is unsightly, yet when we had them in the 80/90s it was fine??
    ^^ this - however, some contractors working for these guys just dont follow the wayleaves or planning doc's. they dont dig out pilot holes every 50m to check there are no services running, they just start trenching and boom.. pipe burst, cables cut, then they blame the wayleaves of being inaccurate...
    #FREEPALESTINE

Super Grandmaster

Vumatel fcked up my koi pond's water drain pipe, now I have to use buckets and a small pump to drain the pond
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

Vumatel started trenching on my corner and now the water pressure is rather low, wonder if its related.
    Intel I5 2500K 1155 | 16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator | EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ | 7.5TB | Corsair Graphite 600T

Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    ^^ this - however, some contractors working for these guys just dont follow the wayleaves or planning doc's. they dont dig out pilot holes every 50m to check there are no services running, they just start trenching and boom.. pipe burst, cables cut, then they blame the wayleaves of being inaccurate...
    Hehe, I watched randwater guys looking at the plans on the road, and then pointed out that that street is there, that one there, you have the plans upside down, the power is here, look the water there(pointed to where the water was gushing out), the 'boss' said we know what we're doing and proceeded to instruct the driver to dig where he wanted... boom, sparks everywhere, power out in area for 2 days. What really pisses me off is not one of them reports it, everyone runs away as though they were never there

Blog Entries

you complain about slow internet, so they have to trench to run fibre.

then you bitch coz they hit pipes. It happens.

stop being a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by techead View Post
    you complain about slow internet, so they have to trench to run fibre.

then you bitch coz they hit pipes. It happens.

stop being a tool.
    So by your reasoning, if you a toothache, go to the dentist, and through negligence / incompetence he cuts nerves causing your face to droop, you shouldn't complain because that's being a tool?

Whether you're somehow you're affiliated with MetroFibre or not who knows, but your reasoning isn't sound.

Blog Entries

So by your reasoning, if you a toothache, go to the dentist, and through negligence / incompetence he cuts nerves causing your face to droop, you shouldn't complain because that's being a tool?

Whether you're somehow you're affiliated with MetroFibre or not who knows, but your reasoning isn't sound.
    You are being unreasonable.

These things happen, and teams are on standby to resolve the issues as soon as they occur.

Try to be understanding and reasonable.

Super Grandmaster

These things happen, and teams are on standby to resolve the issues as soon as they occur.

I am inclined to agree with you. A rollout of that type will always carry a risk of something else to be damaged.
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?

Quote Originally Posted by Slootvreter View Post
    Vumatel fcked up my koi pond's water drain pipe, now I have to use buckets and a small pump to drain the pond
    First world problems eh?
    That awkward moment you need to choose between flushing your **** down the drain and downloading the latest episode of GOT

Yea very unreasonable, also a burst pipe cannot be compared to possible irreparable nerve damage.
    Can't think of anything wise to say atm thanks.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Anthro View Post
    First world problems eh?
    That awkward moment you need to choose between flushing your **** down the drain and downloading the latest episode of GOT
    First world problems indeed

Your company comes into my area, your workers dig up the pavement and hit a 200mm water main that sprayed a 30m high stream into the air for over 2 hours, resulting in water and electricity cuts to over 1000 people for at least 12 hours. And then you have the chutzpah to tell me that I'm being unreasonable?

Don't be a tool just like your staff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast