Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank you Metrofibre for stuffing up our water & electricity

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Vumatel started trenching on my corner and now the water pressure is rather low, wonder if its related.
    Quite possible depends on what type of pipe was used for your water feed. Are you not affected by the deliberate pressure drop implemented to prevent any more leaks after the mains were repaired in the north of Jo'burg?

Drop a rock on the plastic pipes used and see how easily they collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
    Actually not always their fault, they are following the guidelines laid out by the municipalities on where the pipes are supposed to be. Also if most people would rather just have them put up poles it would be cheaper and easier to get fiber into areas. But apparently having poles is unsightly, yet when we had them in the 80/90s it was fine??
    Openserve have used poles in Midrand. Nonetheless they still managed to burst a water pipe when digging.....

Quote Originally Posted by infscrtyrisk View Post
    Your company comes into my area, your workers dig up the pavement and hit a 200mm water main that sprayed a 30m high stream into the air for over 2 hours, resulting in water and electricity cuts to over 1000 people for at least 12 hours. And then you have the chutzpah to tell me that I'm being unreasonable?

Don't be a tool just like your staff.
    if your were in a first world country...then i would agree with you. but since you are not, you are being unreasonable to expect that idiots don't exist.

And with your dentist analogy, if i saw he had a degree from KZN, then I would have sought another dentist or not complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    Hehe, I watched randwater guys looking at the plans on the road, and then pointed out that that street is there, that one there, you have the plans upside down, the power is here, look the water there(pointed to where the water was gushing out), the 'boss' said we know what we're doing and proceeded to instruct the driver to dig where he wanted... boom, sparks everywhere, power out in area for 2 days. What really pisses me off is not one of them reports it, everyone runs away as though they were never there
    Luckily you had recorded them on your cellph... snap!
    Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    saor is a dumbass

Super Grandmaster

But to all those saying that the complainant is unreasonable.
    1. It is quite common to find that plans, are NOT being read properly by the fibre contractors and the Council employees alike.
    2. When one then tries to help, they get all uppity and the outcome is as described.
    3. Map and plan reading (i.e. anything on paper) is a dying art.

Quote Originally Posted by supersunbird View Post
    Luckily you had recorded them on your cellph... snap!
    Sheesh, I was rocking a blue and black monochrome 'water/shock proof' rubber nokia(can't remember model5210) in those days(I remember it as the day I got it, friends 'tested' it by slamming it into the ground and drowning it in beer, needless to say, nokia lied), don't think color phone screens or digital cameras for that matter even existed yet... now I feel old
    Last edited by Temujin; 12-09-2017 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff.D View Post
    But to all those saying that the complainant is unreasonable.
    1. It is quite common to find that plans, are NOT being read properly by the fibre contractors and the Council employees alike.
    2. When one then tries to help, they get all uppity and the outcome is as described.
    3. Map and plan reading (i.e. anything on paper) is a dying art.
    True

Quote Originally Posted by infscrtyrisk View Post
    True
    From my limited experience the builders don't build to the plans - so the although the map/drawing may not have been read correctly, the map is more of a 'what we paid for' rather than a 'what was built!'.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by richjdavies View Post
    From my limited experience the builders don't build to the plans - so the although the map/drawing may not have been read correctly, the map is more of a 'what we paid for' rather than a 'what was built!'.
    Only if there was no hands on project management and that any changes introduced were/are then used to generate "as built" drawings.

But then PM does not exist anymore .......

There are no valid excuses for sloppy workmanship.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12