Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Anyone elses Afrihost just went down?

  1. #1

    Default Anyone elses Afrihost just went down?

    Anyone elses Afrihost just went down?

  2. #2
    Afrihost Representative AfriMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rivonia, Johannesburg
    Posts
    14,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JR2017 View Post
    Anyone elses Afrihost just went down?
    Hey there

    Everything looks 100% on this side. Which service went down for you?
    If AfriMan says it, it is so!

    If you asked an excellent question, please post on Answers!

  3. #3

    Default

    My 4mbit business DSL died at about 23h59 also. I'm in Morningside Johannesburg

  4. #4

    Default

    Mine as well Durban

  5. #5

    Default

    OK mine just came back - I sent an SMS to help number - Ticket ref KZZ-360-59142 - please close the ticket.

  6. #6
    Afrihost Representative AfriMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rivonia, Johannesburg
    Posts
    14,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilggg View Post
    Mine as well Durban
    Quote Originally Posted by aucampia View Post
    My 4mbit business DSL died at about 23h59 also. I'm in Morningside Johannesburg
    That's pretty weird. We could check how long your sessions were - our system does close sessions that run longer than a certain period for accounting purposes.
    If AfriMan says it, it is so!

    If you asked an excellent question, please post on Answers!

  7. #7
    Afrihost Representative AfriMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rivonia, Johannesburg
    Posts
    14,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aucampia View Post
    OK mine just came back - I sent an SMS to help number - Ticket ref KZZ-360-59142 - please close the ticket.
    Looks like our client service team already called you
    If AfriMan says it, it is so!

    If you asked an excellent question, please post on Answers!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AfriMan View Post
    That's pretty weird. We could check how long your sessions were - our system does close sessions that run longer than a certain period for accounting purposes.
    and it doesnt care if you are busy working at that moment like this morning what a waste as you are the only isp that we have used doing that

  9. #9
    Afrihost Representative AfriMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rivonia, Johannesburg
    Posts
    14,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by electrofreeze View Post
    and it doesnt care if you are busy working at that moment like this morning what a waste as you are the only isp that we have used doing that
    That's just a possible explanation, but as far as I know we only end sessions at midnight - doubt it's what's happening in your case.

    Any tests I can look?
    If AfriMan says it, it is so!

    If you asked an excellent question, please post on Answers!

  10. #10

    Default

    i dont think we need tests to see that the router is connected to the adsl but we are not connected to ah until we reboot

  11. #11
    Afrihost Representative AfriMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rivonia, Johannesburg
    Posts
    14,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by electrofreeze View Post
    i dont think we need tests to see that the router is connected to the adsl but we are not connected to ah until we reboot
    I mean tests in the sense of any data we can use to replicate the issue - bandwidth monitoring, specific times, how often has this occurred. Really, just any data would help here. And of course, your username.
    If AfriMan says it, it is so!

    If you asked an excellent question, please post on Answers!

  12. #12
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    6,377
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    In a week, some days mine will go down 8 times, each time for about a minute. Then for 3 or 4 days it will be fine.

    Afrihost blamed it on my recently upgraded speed which they offered to me. When I mentioned the drops, I was told I am too far from the exchange. If this is the case, why did the original Afrihost consultant say it would work?

    The house has not moved!
    Things won are done; joy's soul lies in the doing

  13. #13
    Afrihost Representative AfriMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rivonia, Johannesburg
    Posts
    14,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    In a week, some days mine will go down 8 times, each time for about a minute. Then for 3 or 4 days it will be fine.

    Afrihost blamed it on my recently upgraded speed which they offered to me. When I mentioned the drops, I was told I am too far from the exchange. If this is the case, why did the original Afrihost consultant say it would work?

    The house has not moved!
    We don't usually have information about the distance of your house from the closest exchange - though we can sometimes extrapolate it in a line that has no other problems. Generally we can only see if Openserve will allow the upgrade in their system, but they can sometimes reject the upgrade if they determine the line will not be stable
    If AfriMan says it, it is so!

    If you asked an excellent question, please post on Answers!

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Can I be held liable for someone elses debt?
    By beans100 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-02-2015, 01:31 PM
  2. Is anyone elses 8ta been pretty **** lately?
    By Hansolo in forum Telkom Mobile (8ta) Broadband and Mobile Internet | LTE, HSPA+, 3G, EDGE, GPRS and BIS
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 04:53 PM
  3. Stealing someone elses GF
    By Nick333 in forum Health, Wealth, Leisure and Relationships
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 24-07-2013, 08:19 AM
  4. CPA and holding onto someone elses web address
    By Avenue in forum Software and Web Development
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 27-02-2012, 08:25 AM
  5. Anyone elses Mweb still uncapped?
    By boramk in forum ADSL and VDSL ISP Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 09:19 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •