Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Almost time for the Bolt's first service - what is included in service plan?

Default Almost time for the Bolt's first service - what is included in service plan?

Howzit guys. So, about 1000 KM to go before the Bolt has to go in for its first service. It has a warranty on it, and also a service plan. I have never had a car serviced on a service plan. Is everything included, such as the oil and filters or does the service plan only cover labour? How does it work? Do they replace the break pad as standard on the service, or only if it actually needs to be replaced? There is absolutely nothing wrong with the car, so will just be a straight forward 15 000km service.

This is the best pic I could get of the brake pad. It is a bit difficult to get a angle to see what is going on with the pad. It looks OK to me. It did get a bit of a squeek lately when I lightly touch the brakes, but that seems to have now gone again so braking is completely silent again.

Name:  brake pad.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  169.2 KB
    APoc184 - "Well apparently I'm Ockie's kinda girl."

Grandmaster

Service plan should cover all the costs associated with the scheduled service. That should include labour and parts.
    If something needs to be done that doesn't fall under the service plan, like brake pads, that might then fall under warranty.

Just give them a call before to make sure it's 100% covered, and although they should be doing it anyways, ask them to check the brake pads.
    #CTDM

Quote Originally Posted by Pox View Post
    Service plan should cover all the costs associated with the scheduled service. That should include labour and parts.
    If something needs to be done that doesn't fall under the service plan, like brake pads, that might then fall under warranty.

Just give them a call before to make sure it's 100% covered, and although they should be doing it anyways, ask them to check the brake pads.
    OK....will do. Thanks meneer. I will be calling them about a week to make a booking for the car. They do services on a Saturday, but you have to book it in advance because they have limited time and I assume they have to make sure they have all the parts that is needed as a standard for the service. It will be nice to take a car in for a service and not have to swipe my credit card for a change.

Super Grandmaster

wtf is a bolt?

You will pay nothing.
    I never apologise. Im sorry, thats just the way I am.

Depends on the maintenance plan. But as said above give them a call and ask what is not covered. Anything that they find over and above that should be communicated to you and approved by you before they continue. Make sure you say this to your service consultant. You probably wont have any additional costs but worth noting for the future.

The only weird thing I have found with this is that if they do replace the break pads under the service plan they do not give you the spent pads as they need them for audit on the service plan to make sure they aren't replacing parts under the service/maintenance plan when not needed.
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnc

Quote Originally Posted by Werfetter View Post
    Depends on the maintenance plan. But as said above give them a call and ask what is not covered. Anything that they find over and above that should be communicated to you and approved by you before they continue. Make sure you say this to your service consultant. You probably wont have any additional costs but worth noting for the future.

The only weird thing I have found with this is that if they do replace the break pads under the service plan they do not give you the spent pads as they need them for audit on the service plan to make sure they aren't replacing parts under the service/maintenance plan when not needed.
    Ah ok. I can understand that though.

Quote Originally Posted by akescpt View Post
    wtf is a bolt?
    https://tatamotors.co.za/wp-content/...t-Exterior.png
    Www.gtxgaming.co.za
    For all your graphics card requirements!

Super Grandmaster

Sjoe. A sexy name. Never would have guessed.

Super Grandmaster

You still should demand the old parts are at least in the car for you to see on collection. If they then want to keep them so be it but I would try and keep them anyway.

From the photo, there is still plenty of wear to go before the pads need replacement. And in any case, 15000 km is way too low to be having brake pads replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by akescpt View Post
    wtf is a bolt?
    https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...4082-Tata-Bolt

you would need to ask mrs bolt

Name:  images9ZV9HWLP.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  6.4 KB

like any man bolt to glad to get a service

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff.D View Post
    You still should demand the old parts are at least in the car for you to see on collection. If they then want to keep them so be it but I would try and keep them anyway.

From the photo, there is still plenty of wear to go before the pads need replacement. And in any case, 15000 km is way too low to be having brake pads replaced.
    Yeah insist on at least seeing the parts. Its just to make sure they are actually replacing what they said they are replacing.
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnc

Made a booking now. When I start the car it comes up with a little spanner and counting down the kilometers. Luckily the Roodepoort guys are open on Saturdays provided you book. I asked if they can give me a lift home, but he said not really worth it. If I can hang there for a hour they will have the car done by then. Is that possible to do a service in a hour? Is it just that the Tata Bolt is a very easy car to service? I can see the oil filter when I look into the engine, so seems easy to replace etc. What you guys think? Does a hour sound legit?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast