Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Almost time for the Bolt's first service - what is included in service plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Ockie View Post
    Does a hour sound legit?
    maybe if its a minor service, and clearing the spanner icon,

does sound strange though, maybe they arent very busy.....
    do agree you should get a look at what was changed, at least you know it was changed,

also, before you drive off make sure everything closed properly....never know what dealers leave open after service....
    water bottle? radiator? oil cap?
    Bitcoin,Bitcoin, on the wall,

who's the wildest of them all?

Quote Originally Posted by eg2505 View Post
    maybe if its a minor service, and clearing the spanner icon,

does sound strange though, maybe they arent very busy.....
    do agree you should get a look at what was changed, at least you know it was changed,

also, before you drive off make sure everything closed properly....never know what dealers leave open after service....
    water bottle? radiator? oil cap?
    Ja, will be asking for old parts back as was suggested earlier. Need to ask them to order a service book too. Checked in the folder that holds the booklets, but only the car manual and infotainment system manual is in there, no service book. /sigh.
    APoc184 - "Well apparently I'm Ockie's kinda girl."

Ja, will be asking for old parts back as was suggested earlier. Need to ask them to order a service book too. Checked in the folder that holds the booklets, but only the car manual and infotainment system manual is in there, no service book. /sigh.
    Sounds dodgy, the service book should of came with the car lol

Make sure it is stamped also, after the service is done also.
    Www.gtxgaming.co.za
    For all your graphics card requirements!

Quote Originally Posted by Gtx Gaming View Post
    Sounds dodgy, the service book should of came with the car lol

Make sure it is stamped also, after the service is done also.
    I think I will have to go back for them to stamp the book because they will only order it once I bring the car in. I guess they dont want to order something and then I am a no show. I dont wanna pay for something though that should have come with the car.

Name of your Bolt?

He or She?

Quote Originally Posted by FiestaST View Post
    Name of your Bolt?

He or She?
    He.....and to make sure he knows where he comes from, even though he has a white single father he is known as Rajesh.

Grandmaster

With some cars - the Service History Booklet is reverse printed at the back of the Owner's Manual and is not provided as a separate booklet. Check to see if that's the case with your Tata Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Leon View Post
    With some cars - the Service History Booklet is reverse printed at the back of the Owner's Manual and is not provided as a separate booklet. Check to see if that's the case with your Tata Bolt.

Nope. Quickly went and checked. Back of the booklet is jut a lot of technical specifications about the engine and then stuff like what oil to put in etc. No service booklet kind of stuff in there where it can be stamped or anything.

Nope. Quickly went and checked. Back of the booklet is jut a lot of technical specifications about the engine and then stuff like what oil to put in etc. No service booklet kind of stuff in there where it can be stamped or anything.
    did see with the Brio that the service book isnt separate, its actually inside the owners manual,
    (middle of the book)

maybe that is the case here,

you MUST have got or found one with your car, sounds quite dodgy you dont have one...
    Bitcoin,Bitcoin, on the wall,

who's the wildest of them all?

Quote Originally Posted by eg2505 View Post
    did see with the Brio that the service book isnt separate, its actually inside the owners manual,
    (middle of the book)

maybe that is the case here,

you MUST have got or found one with your car, sounds quite dodgy you dont have one...
    Flipped through all pages in the manual. Definately not in there.

Be careful with dealers they like saying you need this and that to be done phrased In a way to scare the average consumer into replacing items not in need of replacement. One of the big lies is brake pads. With VERY aggressive driving I changed my Fiesta at 60k km.

If they mention extra stuff needs changing then it should be investigated as the car is still new and shouldn't need anything.

As for what's included, you get a service plan which covers normal service items ie oil, air oil and cabin filters spark plugs and labour.

Maintenance plan covers wear items such as brake pads and disks, wiper blades also lightbulbs.

As for it taking an hour, that's NOT dodge at all. It's a minor service. Alone at home I can do my own car in 30 Min easy.
    One does not simply come up with a new signature..

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Zuner View Post
    Be careful with dealers they like saying you need this and that to be done phrased In a way to scare the average consumer into replacing items not in need of replacement. One of the big lies is brake pads. With VERY aggressive driving I changed my Fiesta at 60k km.

If they mention extra stuff needs changing then it should be investigated as the car is still new and shouldn't need anything.

As for what's included, you get a service plan which covers normal service items ie oil, air oil and cabin filters spark plugs and labour.

Maintenance plan covers wear items such as brake pads and disks, wiper blades also lightbulbs.

As for it taking an hour, that's NOT dodge at all. It's a minor service. Alone at home I can do my own car in 30 Min easy.
    If it's not the wipers it will be light bulbs shocks leaking or something, I think dealers just hate doing the service as covered by the service plan, they still feel the customer should pay for something even though you already paid for the service plan.
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

Just booked it in. He said they will have car ready to go in a hour. Asked why so quick and he said it is just a oil service...so change the oil and the filter and doing a inspection of the whole car, brakes and underneath to make sure everything is ok. Just gonna wait here for it.

Oh...he said they actually have some Tata bolt service books on order already. Just waiting for it to arrive.

Super Grandmaster

Oh...he said they actually have some Tata bolt service books on order already. Just waiting for it to arrive.
    So is your missing one a mistake on their part or were they aware all along that they did not supply it?
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast