Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E-tolls: A sorry tale four years later

Grandmaster

The fuel levy is also open ended. We are f*** in all directions.

Quote Originally Posted by SoTrue View Post
    The fuel levy is also open ended. We are f*** in all directions.
    At least the fuel levy process would've been corruption free i.e. with lubricant for once..

Quote Originally Posted by WaxLyrical View Post
    I've already sold 2 vehicles with a substantial E Toll bill a long time ago.

How SANRAL plans to collect outstanding funds from me is a mystery.
    Tolls are attached to vehicle owners. Not vehicles.
    That bill follows you.
    So when you sell your vehicle, whatever your current address/phone number/email is, stays with the bill and is associated with passes during the time of ownership.
    When you purchase a new vehicle (to replace the one you sold) all your details make it onto eNATIS again. If stuff has changed then their database is updated.
    There's many loopholes to evade them finding you; but eventually it's not worth the effort.
    Because eventually even if they find you they can't do much (for now) as per OUTA's findings.
    beware the man of one book;

Quote Originally Posted by c3n0byt3 View Post
    Tolls are attached to vehicle owners. Not vehicles.
    That bill follows you.
    So when you sell your vehicle, whatever your current address/phone number/email is, stays with the bill and is associated with passes during the time of ownership.
    When you purchase a new vehicle (to replace the one you sold) all your details make it onto eNATIS again. If stuff has changed then their database is updated.
    There's many loopholes to evade them finding you; but eventually it's not worth the effort.
    Because eventually even if they find you they can't do much (for now) as per OUTA's findings.
    Nice info, but I'm no longer getting invoices of vehicles I've previously owned.
    Surely, for the system to work they need to constantly send documents to owners of vvehicles even after they sell the said vehicle?

Massive fail.

Nice info, but I'm no longer getting invoices of vehicles I've previously owned.
    Surely, for the system to work they need to constantly send documents to owners of vvehicles even after they sell the said vehicle?

Massive fail.
    You don't understand...
    =====
    If trees could scream would we be so cavalier about cutting them down. What if they screamed all the time for no reason?
    =====

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_Doo View Post
    You don't understand...
    Enlighten me SANRAL?

Massive fail.
    Why would you get an invoice for a vehicle now belonging to someone else?
    The passes that your old vehicle incurred while you were the owner are for your cost. Those costs are rolled up into your total amount.
    Once the vehicle is transferred, the passes now incurred with the new owner go to that owner.

So say theoretically if you could get your entire invoice, line by line, in detail.
    You'd see your old vehicle listing there in the past. And those amounts are part of the total cost you now owe.
    The thing is they cannot send your entire bill in detail since it's super costly.
    beware the man of one book;

Quote Originally Posted by c3n0byt3 View Post
    Why would you get an invoice for a vehicle now belonging to someone else?
    The passes that your old vehicle incurred while you were the owner are for your cost. Those costs are rolled up into your total amount.
    Once the vehicle is transferred, the passes now incurred with the new owner go to that owner.

So say theoretically if you could get your entire invoice, line by line, in detail.
    You'd see your old vehicle listing there in the past. And those amounts are part of the total cost you now owe.
    The thing is they cannot send your entire bill in detail since it's super costly.
    You're right now I remember.
    Shows you how long it's been since I opened the mail.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12