Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WEBAFRICA RAIN LTE-A packetloss, disconnects roughly every hour?

Update - I have logged a case with ICASA against Rain for false advertising. I will make the particulars of the case public upon clearing it with ICASA.
    I often say to myself, "I can't believe that cloning machine worked!"

It has settled down for me mostly. Still getting the odd disconnect here and there, but honestly only notice it in game - cause I flipping DC. It may be happening during the day - but not gaming - I am probably just not picking it up.

I only get a DC every few nights though. It is not like it's nightly - so seems better.

I have also been having the issue a lot less, but it is still occuring. I went for about three nights without any disconnects and Saturday (today) was fine until about 2pm then I got a few disconnects.

for me as well, don't know how it is disconnected, but recovered soon, it happened recently and now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashgear View Post
    Pings to international are terrible in the evenings and disconnects here too.

It's not an area issue as during the day my speeds are over 80-105Mbps
    it's kind of unstableness, latency, speed, connection, are huge different test result. I think Rain is busy testing or upgrading the hardware and software, because they are planning big before end of the year, mobile service. But it really affects the current business a lot. Rain is taking chance to do changes.

Quote Originally Posted by walt chen View Post
    it's kind of unstableness, latency, speed, connection, are huge different test result. I think Rain is busy testing or upgrading the hardware and software, because they are planning big before end of the year, mobile service. But it really affects the current business a lot. Rain is taking chance to do changes.
    They should just stick with Data i think. Focus on one market and lead it

I have been posting in another thread that Zuperfruit created regarding the disconnects at exactly 40/41 minutes past the hour. It's happening further into their core network and not really at a tower or even signal level.

To read more and where the timeout is happening have a read: https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...s-it-happening

Quote Originally Posted by Clayman View Post
    Update - I have logged a case with ICASA against Rain for false advertising. I will make the particulars of the case public upon clearing it with ICASA.
    Would like to know the outcome of this. I'm feeling pretty ripped off atm... Their network is worse than the ADSL on rotting infrastructure that I cancelled!

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clayman View Post
    please keep up posted.
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12