Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Afrihost after hours data..FIBRE

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Afrihost after hours data..FIBRE

    Hi there afriman..just chatted to one of your guys who is handling your social media as I had a complaint..I also asked him about after hours data for capped fibre clients and he said it had recently been implemented according to the developers..please can you confirm whether this us the case?if this is the case its a step in the right direction..reason that I'm asking you to confirm is that I've been given a lot of contrasting information by ah in the past
    Last edited by PRETTYFLY; 13-09-2017 at 05:14 PM.

  2. #2
    Afrihost Representative AfriMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rivonia, Johannesburg
    Posts
    15,561
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PRETTYFLY View Post
    Hi there afriman..just chatted to one of your guys who is handling your social media as I had a complaint..I also asked him about after hours data for capped fibre clients and he said it had recently been implemented according to the developers..please can you confirm whether this us the case?if this is the case its a step in the right direction..reason that I'm asking you to confirm is that I've been given a lot of contrasting information by ah in the past
    Hi there

    It is true, Capped Fibre should have rollover and after hours data. It's been live for a while, the problem was that it needed to be coded separately for each provider because of they way their networks work, etc. But it should be live for every provider now
    If AfriMan says it, it is so!

    If you asked an excellent question, please post on Answers!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you..is after hours data from 12-6 or 12-8?

  4. #4
    Afrihost Rep AfriNatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PRETTYFLY View Post
    Thank you..is after hours data from 12-6 or 12-8?
    After hours data is from 12:00 AM to 08:00 AM.

  5. #5
    EVGA Fanatic Rickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Joe'berg
    Posts
    15,445
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AfriNatic View Post
    After hours data is from 12:00 AM to 08:00 AM.
    08:00?

    That's rather generous.
    Intel I5 2500K 1155 | 16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator | EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ | 7.5TB | Corsair Graphite 600T

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi there afriman..just to let you know that I tested the after hours data and it seems to be working fine..well done afrihost..!kudos to your development team..now I must just check if the data carry over works at the end of the month#happy customer

  7. #7
    Afrihost representative AfriFella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,357
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    08:00?

    That's rather generous.
    What's an extra hour here or there?
    "And that's why you always leave a note..."

  8. #8
    Afrihost representative AfriFella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,357
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PRETTYFLY View Post
    Hi there afriman..just to let you know that I tested the after hours data and it seems to be working fine..well done afrihost..!kudos to your development team..now I must just check if the data carry over works at the end of the month#happy customer
    Thanks for your awesome feedback! Our developers really have been working super hard. I'm sure I saw smoke coming out of one of their keyboards! Keep us posted with feedback.
    "And that's why you always leave a note..."

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi there afriman..my left over data did not carry over..please investigate

  10. #10
    Afrihost representative AfriGenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,135
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PRETTYFLY View Post
    Hi there afriman..my left over data did not carry over..please investigate
    On it!
    "Great Scott!"

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks I'm sorted..someone on your fb page credited my account.. Hopefully it will work properly at the end Oct

  12. #12
    Afrihost representative AfriGenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,135
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PRETTYFLY View Post
    Thanks I'm sorted..someone on your fb page credited my account.. Hopefully it will work properly at the end Oct
    Sweet!
    "Great Scott!"

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Afrihost After Hours Data applicable on Fibre?
    By Budza in forum Fibre Networks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25-03-2017, 08:35 PM
  2. Afrihost after hours support
    By pinkscorpio68 in forum ADSL and VDSL Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17-10-2016, 12:09 AM
  3. Afrihost after hours data - false advertising???
    By LegionECX in forum ADSL and VDSL Discussions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-02-2016, 07:42 PM
  4. Afrihost Clientzone - ADSL after-hours data usage doubled
    By StNick in forum ADSL and VDSL Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2016, 08:13 AM
  5. Get uncapped after-hours Afrihost ADSL data without paying a cent
    By Kevin Lancaster in forum Broadband and IT News
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 04-12-2015, 12:17 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •