Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: KPMG SA CEO, 7 others quit on #GuptaLeaks fallout

Quote Originally Posted by surface View Post
    I too don't understand this. Previous non-black and non-female CEO took KPMG to dizzying heights and she is now completely going to mess it up?
    1. I don't know how competent she will be at managing a big company. I know nothing of her background. So I can't say.
    2. I don't care about her skin colour, but in this case it appears she is a political appointment.
    They made a decision that it would be harder for the government and other businesses to act against a newly appointed black female.
    3. My opinion is based on what another person said, she isn't qualified.
    This is very strange and points to her being only a political appointment.
    Just to get a foot in the door at a auditing firm like KPMG you need a CA, I would be truly amazed if they appoint other senior management without this degree and I'm sure if they really wanted a black woman they could have found one that's qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by rietrot View Post
    3. My opinion is based on what another person said, she isn't qualified.
    This is very strange and points to her being only a political appointment.
    Just to get a foot in the door at a auditing firm like KPMG you need a CA, I would be truly amazed if they appoint other senior management without this degree and I'm sure if they really wanted a black woman they could have found one that's qualified.
    Brief background:
    https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/arti...of-a-nosedive/

She is not an auditor but has over 17 years' experience in management consulting. She was, until she accepted this massive new task, voluntarily she adds, KPMG South Africa's Head of People and Change.

“While I am not an auditor I have capably managed teams in a leadership position. I have had sleepless nights since Friday thinking about the way we work and how it has to change fundamentally, but it is a challenge I am up to.”
    Seems to be into metaphors:

Dlomu said the appointment by KPMG global of a new team of executives, including Andrew Cranston (member of KPMG Netherlands 'management board) as interim chief operating officer as well as other senior appointments would help her to fly and land the KPMG plane safely.

SO, are there going to be any fraud, money laundering , perjury charges against any of the 8? So far they've only gotten a golden handshake...

Quote Originally Posted by Bizkit87 View Post
    SO, are there going to be any fraud, money laundering , perjury charges against any of the 8? So far they've only gotten a golden handshake...
    Position in government probably. Somewhere cozy like Ambassador to Jamaica or something. Number One rewards those who protect him.

Super Grandmaster

She is not an auditor but has over 17 years' experience in management consulting. She was, until she accepted this massive new task, voluntarily she adds, KPMG South Africa's Head of People and Change.
    Jayzuz ... a Human Restraints head .....
    I guess they reckon when the facts of KPMG's wrong-doing are finally laid on the table she can at least go with all the warm, fuzzy, touchy feely stuff about how all the poor employees would suffer should the firm be sanctioned
    When did ignorance become a point of view ?.

Another one gone...

http://www.fin24.com/Companies/Finan...xodus-20171006

Johannesburg - AVI , a South African distributor of consumer goods, will stop using KPMG as an external auditor after the accounting firm admitted to falling short of its own standards when doing work for the politically connected Gupta family.

Quote Originally Posted by McSack View Post
    ... a Human Remains head .....
    I guess they reckon when the facts of KPMG's wrong-doing are finally laid on the table she can at least go with all the warm, fuzzy, touchy feely stuff about how all the poor employees would suffer should the firm be sanctioned
    FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by Cray View Post
    I would then suggest AVI, Sygnia and other commercial entities dump the government as well. Seeing how KPMG was dumped by SA Parliament just last month, these are the same sycophants in bed with the Guptas. Hypocrisy to the extreme in SA is unbelievable.

Super Grandmaster

Default Reserve Bank denies instructing banks on KPMG

Johannesburg - The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) has denied that it told the country's big four banks that they cannot fire KPMG, stating categorically on Friday that it had not instructed banks on what steps they should or should not take with regards to their contracts with the embattled auditing firm.

"As stated by Governor Lesetja Kganyago in a statement issued at the Monetary Policy Committee media conference on September 21, the SARB's interest in the KPMG matter stemmed from a public policy perspective, arising from the SARB's mandate to regulate banks and ensure the stability of our financial system," the reserve bank said in a statement.

"The SARB stated that it would engage banks and auditing firms primarily to understand the context so that it is better placed to manage any potential financial stability risks that may arise from the issues around KPMG. These engagements have taken place but at no point did the SARB instruct banks on how they should deal with KPMG."
    More at: https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-afr...-kpmg-11505951
    My views are not cast in stone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112