Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cell C data speed really slow

Default Cell C data speed really slow

I'm looking for some feedback from CellC data users in the Pietermaritzburg area.
    I'm getting download speeds of max 0.8Mbps and upload sometimes even fails. I was told this is due upgrades in the area and it could last for another 3 months.

If anybody in the area on CellC could post their speedtest results, that would be great.
    I just want to get an idea if the entire area is affected, or that it's just me

Grandmaster

I'm not on Cell C but my sister is and she complains all the time about poor data speeds with full H+ signal.
    BTW do you have LTE coverage?
    I told the promoter "I'm too big for your gig" Terabyte

Thanks Randux. No LTE here, I was hoping the upgrades would bring that. But I will not stay with Cell C if these data speeds are going to last a few more weeks.

Grandmaster

Looking at their coverage map they do not cover PMB with LTE at all. If the upgrades they're doing are not LTE maybe it's time to do some looking around.
    I told the promoter "I'm too big for your gig" Terabyte

Quote Originally Posted by PC-Help View Post
    I'm looking for some feedback from CellC data users in the Pietermaritzburg area.
    I'm getting download speeds of max 0.8Mbps and upload sometimes even fails. I was told this is due upgrades in the area and it could last for another 3 months.

If anybody in the area on CellC could post their speedtest results, that would be great.
    Hi @PC-Help

Please PM us your Cell C number + address, we will look into it.

^BM

I'm having the same issue. I'm a new contract subscriber to Cell C's 200GB per month LTE deal.

It's so slow, I'm starting to think they're shaping the hell out of the LTE deals. I can't even make a VOIP voice call. Dropped down to 3G, no avail.

Name:  CellCUpload.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  25.6 KB
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by iMcJaz View Post
    I'm having the same issue. I'm a new contract subscriber to Cell C's 200GB per month LTE deal.

It's so slow, I'm starting to think they're shaping the hell out of the LTE deals. I can't even make a VOIP voice call. Dropped down to 3G, no avail.

Hi @iMcJaz

Please PM us your Cell C number + address, we will look into the issue.

^BM

What they told me is to set the device to roam on Vodacom. Which does help, however it switched back to CellC from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cell_C View Post
    Hi @iMcJaz

Please PM us your Cell C number + address, we will look into the issue.

^BM
    Weird thta you are going to look into iMcJaz's issue, while I reported over several channels and only got the reply to start roaming on Vodacom because it will take a few more months before the 'upgrades' are done...

Weird thta you are going to look into iMcJaz's issue, while I reported over several channels and only got the reply to start roaming on Vodacom because it will take a few more months before the 'upgrades' are done...
    Hi PC-Help

You will see that we also requested you to provide us with the same information. We would have to look at the coverage in your area, before we can request you to try roaming on the Vodacom network.

^BMName:  PC-Help.PNG
Views: 203
Size:  29.0 KB

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by iMcJaz View Post

Good luck, I've been told that my local tower has been upgraded twice. Upgrades take about a month and I still get speeds in the kbps (that's not a typo). After multiple complaints I was promised a home inspection. I finally got a call today, weeks later, ironically it's Cell C offering me a new contract. They have no idea about the inspection. No chance I'm signing a contract with Cell C after such pathetic customer service.
    Our choices are not always our own to make.

Try set your modem to roam on Vodacom's 3G Network. Hopefully you will be allowed to roam onto Vodacom 3G - I can't roam onto Vodacom 3G in Summerstrand, PE.
    Blog | Twitter
    2NE1 (투애니원) [2009 - 2016] - The Legends of K-Pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cell_C View Post
    Hi PC-Help

You will see that we also requested you to provide us with the same information. We would have to look at the coverage in your area, before we can request you to try roaming on the Vodacom network.

^BM
    I did provide Cell C with that info.

The first time I contacted Customer Service I got a quick response. That was however that no investigation would be done because of the upgrades in the Pietermaritzburg area. So all I could do is sit it out.

The second time I contacted Customer Service I was advised to roam on Vodacom (which is faster than Cell C ever was in my area) No check as been done as far as I know, but CS probably is able to check my address from the data of my SIM.

The only trouble I have now is that the device switches back to Cell C from time to time which is quickly noticed by the lack of connection.

Quote Originally Posted by koeks525 View Post
    Try set your modem to roam on Vodacom's 3G Network. Hopefully you will be allowed to roam onto Vodacom 3G - I can't roam onto Vodacom 3G in Summerstrand, PE.
    Thanks Koeks525 that's what Cell C told me to do as well. The only trouble I have now is that the device switches back to Cell C from time to time which is quickly noticed by the lack of connection.

Than I have to set it to roaming again reconnect which get's a bit annoying but is still better than having no speed.

+ Reply to Thread