Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Email Hosting Issue

Default Email Hosting Issue

Hi Afriman/gent/girl/guy/dude, whoever is online.

Please could you take a look at the ticket open for my domain scottshipping.co.za.

I intermittently(although it's broken more than it works) can't connect to any of the mail servers. Issue started on Friday then cleared up and is happening again today. Nothings changed on my end, issue happens on my ADSL line and cellphone so I don't think it's a routing issue.

Just this error on both send and receive:

Task 'Info: Folder:Inbox Check for new mail.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot download folder Inbox from the IMAP email server for account Info. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Thanks!
    Importing made easy!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottulusMaximus View Post
    Hi Afriman/gent/girl/guy/dude, whoever is online.

Please could you take a look at the ticket open for my domain scottshipping.co.za.

I intermittently(although it's broken more than it works) can't connect to any of the mail servers. Issue started on Friday then cleared up and is happening again today. Nothings changed on my end, issue happens on my ADSL line and cellphone so I don't think it's a routing issue.

Just this error on both send and receive:

Task 'Info: Folder:Inbox Check for new mail.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot download folder Inbox from the IMAP email server for account Info. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Thanks!
    There is something strange going on here... Your domain is on a Shared Hosting package, but the DNS is pointing to a dedicated server.

Where is the DNS supposed to be pointed?
    "Great Scott!"

Quote Originally Posted by AfriGenie View Post
    There is something strange going on here... Your domain is on a Shared Hosting package, but the DNS is pointing to a dedicated server.

Where is the DNS supposed to be pointed?
    Absolutely no clue, I didn't set up the site. I did upgrade from "home" to "pro" beginning of the month maybe that did something? Not my area of expertise

EDIT: woah woah woah, the site is now completely borked as well! Who's fiddling with what!?

EDIT EDIT: bloody hell that gave me a heart attack, seems to be back now.
    Last edited by ScottulusMaximus; 18-09-2017 at 01:51 PM.
    Importing made easy!

What are you incoming and outgoing servers?

They should be mail.(domain).co.za

You must either enable SSL with port 465, or else try a non-SSL port like 587 or 25.

Outgoing needs authentication.
    Intel I5 2500K 1155 | 16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator | EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ | 7.5TB | Corsair Graphite 600T

Absolutely no clue, I didn't set up the site. I did upgrade from "home" to "pro" beginning of the month maybe that did something? Not my area of expertise

EDIT: woah woah woah, the site is now completely borked as well! Who's fiddling with what!?

EDIT EDIT: bloody hell that gave me a heart attack, seems to be back now.
    Upgrading the package wouldn't have changed the the DNS at all.

Did you upload the website content at all?
    "Great Scott!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    What are you incoming and outgoing servers?

They should be mail.(domain).co.za

You must either enable SSL with port 465, or else try a non-SSL port like 587 or 25.

Outgoing needs authentication.
    Been working for months and nothing changed my side, all went to hell on Friday morning and again today.
    Importing made easy!

Upgrading the package wouldn't have changed the the DNS at all.

Did you upload the website content at all?
    No I don't touch any of that, let me know what details you need and I can contact the web devs.

Seems to be working now though.
    Importing made easy!

No I don't touch any of that, let me know what details you need and I can contact the web devs.
    Can you please just find out for me to which server the site should be pointing. If it should be the shared hosting space that was setup for the domain or the dedicated server.
    "Great Scott!"

Can you please just find out for me to which server the site should be pointing. If it should be the shared hosting space that was setup for the domain or the dedicated server.
    Here you go:

HI Scott

Its shared hosting -

2. WEBSITE (URL) AND DNS DETAILS:
    ==================================================

All the following website addresses will work for your domain once the necessary DNS has propagated (approximately 24 hours):

Web Address Option 1: http://www.scottshipping.co.za
    Web Address Option 2: www.scottshipping.co.za
    Web Address Option 3: scottshipping.co.za
    Primary DNS: ns.dns1.co.za

Primary DNS IP: 196.35.64.215
    Secondary DNS (1): ns.dns2.co.za

Secondary DNS IP (1): 196.31.134.202
    Secondary DNS (2): ns.otherdns.net

Secondary DNS IP (2) 207.44.188.90
    Secondary DNS (3): ns.otherdns.com

Secondary DNS IP (3): 196.38.88.56
    Lemme know if some of that shouldn't be public.
    Importing made easy!

The wonky DNS you're seeing may be related to some of the functionality on the site though, we're doing very strange things.
    Importing made easy!

Here you go:

Lemme know if some of that shouldn't be public.
    That information is publicly available for every domain.

I am still concerned though, as your DNS is pointing to a dedicated server that is in the process of being decommissioned. Did you have a developer do the site content for you?
    "Great Scott!"

I am still concerned though, as your DNS is pointing to a dedicated server that is in the process of being decommissioned. Did you have a developer do the site content for you?
    Yes the devs handled everything, I'm relaying your instructions to them. Main dev is currently in a meeting so just waiting for feedback.
    Importing made easy!

Hi Scott
    Nothing to do with us. As far as we were aware, all code was uploaded to the shared Afrihost server. Date on DNS indicates it was originally set to that address.
    Looks like something Afrihost did.
    Regards
    Importing made easy!

Ah-ha!

Okay, I may have overreacted.

Your domain has a dedicated IP address, and when I was doing a NS lookup of that IP it was showing an out of date binding, so the name reflected as a dedicated server that was previously decommissioned instead of the correct shared hosting server.

All of the DNS is correctly configured, and is pointing at the correct shared server.

Have you been experiencing any further issues with your mails since yesterday?
    "Great Scott!"

Ah-ha!

Okay, I may have overreacted.

Your domain has a dedicated IP address, and when I was doing a NS lookup of that IP it was showing an out of date binding, so the name reflected as a dedicated server that was previously decommissioned instead of the correct shared hosting server.

All of the DNS is correctly configured, and is pointing at the correct shared server.

Have you been experiencing any further issues with your mails since yesterday?
    Ok good, I think...

Seems to be ok this morning
    Importing made easy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast