Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Afrihost poor service

Quote Originally Posted by AfriFella View Post
    Really sad to hear that your perception of us has stopped so low. I've replied to your other post and will be happy to look into your outstanding support requests and help turn this around.
    I can assure you it his not just his perception but very common among many ex-clients.

AH has treated my customers and me like scum with no compensation to boot.
    I would not deal with your dishonest and disreputable company if you were the last ISP on earth and your services were free.

Point and case:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimis View Post
    Existing customer with 3 SIMS on Afrihost.

Ordered Rain on 21/09/2017 (Account page still to this day does not show an active order, but Connectivity shows the package with 'payment received' ((which takes you for-bloody-ever on debit order, WTF, existing customer)) but will it ever be handed to a courier?)

So now ten days later, support requests not answered, holding on phones -- what an utter joy Afrihost.

And now... now you are giving routers for free... yet you cant service the current orders. sigh

Suggestions anybody?
    Quote Originally Posted by blunt View Post
    So I guess posting on the public forum is my last resort - AH prefer you to air all the dirty laundry before they respond, here goes - will try keep short.

- Bought a Redmi4a with 500MB Promo (2 of them) a few months back, set them both up and both have been working fine since.
    - One of the sims stopped working around 21st of August, no signal at all
    - Requested AH provide a new one as it was their sim to begin with, got new one delivered 22 Sept
    - Had a few issues activating the SIM (you have to actually dial 173 to activate the sim, not just wait for an SMS like the instructions on the website says) so I opened a support ticket about it on 22 Sep.
    - Fiddled around some more and worked out the 173 thing, did a sim swap and the sim swap completed successfully (can ring and sms the number and it comes through)
    - Tested it out on the Redmi, no data throughput at all even though it says MTN 3G
    - Tested it on my Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, my AH MiFi device and then, for good measure, another Samsung Galaxy Prime -- all the same issue.
    - Sent more follow up support emails on 24th to confirm I did get the SIM Swap right but data wasn't working, again on 26th to follow up.
    - Sent @AfriGenie a PM on MyBB 27th September to find out whats wrong
    - Got through to Live chat (like winning the lottery) I think either Wed/Thur last week, explained my issue but the live chat cut out / lost connection and I had to reload the page, live chat unavailable again.
    - Spent 45 minutes on hold today and ran out of airtime trying to contact them.

So basically, no response from AH *at all* since my first opening of this ticket on 22 Sep. It was not marked as closed on AH's site it's still active under my client zone login - all my replies are there.

AH reps, I see you like to respond to public forum posts, so please - get back to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DARK_SETH View Post
    That fixed wireless is really good. But omg afrihost service sucks. Got double billed for it. You have to beg for service......

Quote Originally Posted by jpretorius View Post
    I have been with Afrihost since the beginning. I stuck with them three or four years ago when their line speed took a massive dip and Gian asked us to give them a chance to redeem themselves. My suburb is now fibre ready so two weeks ago I signed for an Afrihost fibre bundle even though they are far from the cheapest. Big mistake. They immediately put through a connection fee even though they said this would be free. I have been trying ever since to get them to reverse it. Nothing except the machine generated response giving me a ticket number (VJM-174-36846) telling me that a human will contact me "real soon now". Same with every reminder I send.

After reading some alarming comments on MyBroadband and Hello Peter I decided to jump ship and so I unplugged my ADSL line and sent en email cancelling both the new fibre and my existing ADSL bundle. I know they don't take cancellations by email so I asked them to phone me to confirm. Again nothing. Now they have put through a debit for the new month. Now I guess I'm in for a real nightmare.

What a pity that the wheels are falling off this company that I once really admired.
    Last edited by OCP; 04-10-2017 at 03:26 PM.
    Life and death have been in love for longer than we have words to describe.
    Life sends countless gifts to death ... and death keeps them forever.

Quote Originally Posted by OCP View Post
    I can assure you it his not just his perception but very common among many ex-clients.

AH has treated my customers and me like scum with no compensation to boot.
    I would not deal with your dishonest and disreputable company if you were the last ISP on earth and your services were free.

Point and case:
    Thanks for the update, OCP. I'm truly sorry you feel that way. We do our best to assist every client with every query. I'll be here if you still want to continue over PM.
    "And that's why you always leave a note..."

Quote Originally Posted by AfriFella View Post
    Thanks for the update, OCP. I'm truly sorry you feel that way. We do our best to assist every client with every query. I'll be here if you still want to continue over PM.
    Thanks for feeling truly sorry.

I never got a single resolution (rarely even got a response) to PM's when i was a customer so I will regretfully decline your kind offer.
    Life and death have been in love for longer than we have words to describe.
    Life sends countless gifts to death ... and death keeps them forever.

Quote Originally Posted by OCP View Post
    Thanks for feeling truly sorry.

I never got a single resolution (rarely even got a response) to PM's when i was a customer so I will regretfully decline your kind offer.
    All the best going forward, OCP.
    "And that's why you always leave a note..."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12