Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I have to pay double the cash for this month's Vodacom Bill?

Default I have to pay double the cash for this month's Vodacom Bill?

I have called them and have a reference, I am just not sure if they will be fixing this in time as my bill goes off in 6 days or less.

I think this is a series of unfortunate events type thing.
    I am very sure they screwed something up when I did an online upgrade of my wife's phone.

I am also very sure the disappearing data thing took all my wife's data then she never got OOB sms's and has been surfing oob all month thinking she has around 2.5GB data available.

Basically, I have 3 invoices and a statement.

My wife's invoice has a data bill for around R1400 on it (above and beyond the 1GB once off she bought, the 1GB that comes with her contract and the 500meg bolt on she has on the contract.
    My wife's usual invoice is usually around R630, this month it's over R2100

My invoice has 2x "Smart S line rental" on it and 2x "Handset instalments"
    My usual invoice cost is around R900, this month it's over R1600

Can someone please help me get this mess sorted?

To add to the fun, we have huge medical bills incoming...

Tldr:

Impossible data usage (disappearing data?).

1x phone and 1x contract added to my invoice.

= more than double my monthly bill.

PM @jannievanzyl

Sadly they'll take the money and when/if they find the issue, only offer you credit.
    Not a nice situation and been through it as well.

Hope someone can assist.
    Maybe @marine1 knows someone aswell.
    Disclaimer:All posts are personal opinion and not the opinion of anyone else or any other entity.

Thanks guys, Jannie is assisting me

Phone upgrade? One should be weary of data usage and those new phones
    Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    saor is a dumbass

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote Originally Posted by supersunbird View Post
    Knowing Astroturf and Vodacom i'm betting this is not the case.
    Their billing is atrocious - charging double for handsets ,offering free phones and sim cards then charging for it
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

Phone was set up before a sim was even installed. Oh, WiFi at work and home (lte router with 10gb data) as well.
    I always set phones up so that they don't auto sync photos, don't auto update (only notify) and so on.

I'm having a similar issue. Did an upgrade in store on a Smart S package, which does not exist any more, so need to be migrated to Smart S+. Guy in store activated the migration immediately instead of the start of the new month, so I'm being charged a full month Smart S+ rate and a pro rata for half the month. Then I'm also being charged R599 for the free 10 Gig and the handset installments of course. According to the billing department it's a proposed invoice which will be fixed in the final invoice. Do you guys think I should PM Jannie?

Quote Originally Posted by isie View Post
    Knowing Astroturf and Vodacom i'm betting this is not the case.
    Their billing is atrocious - charging double for handsets ,offering free phones and sim cards then charging for it
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post
    Phone was set up before a sim was even installed. Oh, WiFi at work and home (lte router with 10gb data) as well.
    I always set phones up so that they don't auto sync photos, don't auto update (only notify) and so on.
    I dug around on my wife's phone a bit this morning and found sms's she did not notice coming in (I don't know how but anyway, she tops up when needed/getting warning sms's).
    I also found that facebook has been using an average 1gb per month on her phone for the last 2 months and some random vr app ate 1gb last month.

There was also one point where she recieved 3 OOB sms's in under 60 seconds (R301, R601, R901) then not another one till the last day of August.

I'm still trying to make sense of all of this but having her SmartS+ upgrade contract on my invoice as well as her handset bill I have a suspicion that the data she gets with her upgraded contract is now going to my phone.

Anyway, I sent the info I have to Jannie and will let him clear up whatever he can and find out what all the strange mixups are about.
    Last edited by AstroTurf; 20-09-2017 at 10:18 AM.

The issue is that (not sure how this happened, some checks and balances not in place?) when I did the upgrade on my Wife's phone online they ended up doing an early upgrade on my phone instead.

As my phone number is the main number on the account whenever I do upgrades (always online) I log in with my phone number then go to the number I want to upgrade and press upgrade/request early upgrade and go from there. I may have done something differently this time?

Anyway they said they would get the upgrade reversed, added to my wife's contract (pro-rata from date of upgrade) and then work out the data and other costs that need to be credited pro-rata.

Unfortunately not likely to be done before this months debit order goes off but I made a plan for that.

Thank you for the assistance @jannievanzyl Appreciated!

The issue is that (not sure how this happened, some checks and balances not in place?) when I did the upgrade on my Wife's phone online they ended up doing an early upgrade on my phone instead.

As my phone number is the main number on the account whenever I do upgrades (always online) I log in with my phone number then go to the number I want to upgrade and press upgrade/request early upgrade and go from there. I may have done something differently this time?

Anyway they said they would get the upgrade reversed, added to my wife's contract (pro-rata from date of upgrade) and then work out the data and other costs that need to be credited pro-rata.

Unfortunately not likely to be done before this months debit order goes off but I made a plan for that.

Thank you for the assistance @jannievanzyl Appreciated!
    Glad it's sorted.
    Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    saor is a dumbass

Glad it's sorted.
    Yea, self as well.

Gentleman I spoke to about it said it took him a while to figure out what went wrong as well. At least I'm not completely losing my logic skills

Thought I would update this thread.

They are working through the issue and I am pretty sure it should be back to how it is supposed to be before the next debit order

They have so far credited me (Once off) for a large portion of the data my wife used. I am very satisfied with that particular issue's resolution.

The accounting side is still getting sorted (Getting the right accounts/upgrades onto the right invoices and hopefully crediting me the difference for that as well).

So I was waiting for my debit order to go off for October since around the 25'th.

Yesterday I emailed them, got a call today, there was no debit order because I was and am still a little in credit

nice little November Bonus

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

So I was waiting for my debit order to go off for October since around the 25'th.

Yesterday I emailed them, got a call today, there was no debit order because I was and am still a little in credit

nice little November Bonus
    can i borrow some money
    Don't you rather want to cancel the debit order and just pay them directly - less issues
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

+ Reply to Thread