Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Telkom Summer Deals Sep 17

Default Telkom Summer Deals Sep 17

Thread for new deals . Struggle to find the link online or pdf. If anyone knows or has, post it here !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daiyaan View Post
    Thread for new deals . Struggle to find the link online or pdf. If anyone knows or has, post it here !

Thanks
    Launched today:

SmartBroadband LTE deals all include double data allocation: www.ltedeals.co.za

Home Unlimited Fibre / DSL Deals also now include LIT TV: www.fibredeals.co.za

Not sure about FreeMe yet
    Last edited by TremBurns; 20-09-2017 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TremBurns View Post
    SmartBroadband LTE deals all include double data allocation:
    www.ltedeals.co.za

Home Unlimited Fibre / DSL Deals also now include LIT TV.
    www.fibredeals.co.za

Not sure about FreeMe yet
    RAS
    Importing made easy!

Apparently lit applies to Freeme prepaid too.

Apparently lit applies to Freeme prepaid too.
    LIT Music is available on FreeMe 2GB and bigger. Data used on Apple Music, Google Play Music & Simfy Africa will not use your normal data allocation (FUP 10GB)

LIT Video is available to FreeMe 5GB and bigger. Data used on Netflix, Showmax & Youtube will not use your normal data allocation (FUP 50GB & 360P quality to stop people casting).

These are available to new & existing FreeMe clients and keep in mind that its just additional data for those protocols, you still have to pay Apple / Netflix etc for your subscription to them.

LIT TV is available on Home Unlimited Fibre / DSL is a free hardware add-on, an Android Media player pre-loaded with Netflix Showmax Etc.
    Last edited by TremBurns; 20-09-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by TremBurns View Post
    LIT Music is available on FreeMe 2GB and bigger. Data used on Apple Music, Google Play Music & Simfy Africa will not use your normal data allocation (FUP 10GB)

LIT Video is available to FreeMe 5GB and bigger. Data used on Netflix, Showmax & Youtube will not use your normal data allocation (FUP 50GB & 360P quality to stop people casting).

These are available to new & existing FreeMe clients and keep in mind that its just additional data for those protocols, you still have to pay Apple / Netflix etc for your subscription to them.

LIT TV is available on Home Unlimited Fibre / DSL is a free hardware add-on, an Android Media player pre-loaded with Netflix Showmax Etc.
    T&C for LIT says:
    - FreeMe 2GB up music, 5GB up video
    - for smartphones
    - no tethering
    - postpaid contract only (meaning no prepaid and no Top-up)

How the #2 and #3 in the LIT device? Confused.

Currently on the SmartBroadband Wireless 20GB+20GB contract. Will be able to activate LIT on this contract? I don't need LIT device.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 16.34.30.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  64.0 KB

The new LTE offerings. Double your data. Could be a response to RAIN. Only benefit here is the equal night surfer. Otherwise RAIN is more affordable.

I just migrated to the 50 gig package (from 5 gig) today

100 gig +100 gig for R749pm

should get pro rate for the month so will see what happens. Will probably add the R50 500gig night surfer.

Going to work out cheaper than my (Failed) ADSL, which was costing me total about R900pm and had a 6 meg max speed.
    This LTE package competes with most fibre packages as I can easily get 20 meg and take this router with me wherever I go.
    "What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens

My idea of "Help from above" is a sniper on a roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    I just migrated to the 50 gig package (from 5 gig) today

100 gig +100 gig for R749pm

should get pro rate for the month so will see what happens. Will probably add the R50 500gig night surfer.

Going to work out cheaper than my (Failed) ADSL, which was costing me total about R900pm and had a 6 meg max speed.
    This LTE package competes with most fibre packages as I can easily get 20 meg and take this router with me wherever I go.
    Hi, any idea how LIT works on these packages? Are content services zero rated to anyone who connects to the wifi? Or is it zero rated through the android box? Or not zero rated at all?

Regards

Hi, any idea how LIT works on these packages? Are content services zero rated to anyone who connects to the wifi? Or is it zero rated through the android box? Or not zero rated at all?

Regards
    Not sure. I also could not figure out if the LTE packages qualify.... just remember that they say it will only be SD quality.

Also apparently you need to phone in and enable it.
    "What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens

My idea of "Help from above" is a sniper on a roof.

+ Reply to Thread