Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poor support

Default Poor support

I'm hoping I get better help here. I have logged a few calls about my line that was just getting worse and worse. What was intermittent has now been the norm since the Saturday, speed of 2mb average.

In my previous correspondence with afrihost I was told it was congestion at the exchange, I was even willing to accept that because my issue was intermittent. Now that the issue is persisting I don't see how that could be valid.

My current issue though is with the support desk. I logged a call on the Sunday, and after their initial response on Sunday there has been no further correspondence. Worked from home yesterday and it felt like I was trying to use photoshop on a 386.

Nfp-864-77152

you might want to pm one of the afrihost support guys.

otherwise this thread is where they hang out.

https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=868932

Yeah I thought that would work. AfriFella didn't reply either though

Quote Originally Posted by lazzyb View Post
    I'm hoping I get better help here. I have logged a few calls about my line that was just getting worse and worse. What was intermittent has now been the norm since the Saturday, speed of 2mb average.

In my previous correspondence with afrihost I was told it was congestion at the exchange, I was even willing to accept that because my issue was intermittent. Now that the issue is persisting I don't see how that could be valid.

My current issue though is with the support desk. I logged a call on the Sunday, and after their initial response on Sunday there has been no further correspondence. Worked from home yesterday and it felt like I was trying to use photoshop on a 386.

Nfp-864-77152

There is definitely a fault on your DSL line. I've logged a fault for your line with Openserve, you should be getting a SMS with the fault reference information shortly.

We'll escalate this from our side as quickly as possible!
    "Great Scott!"

I have logged complaints, sent emails, PM'd Afrihost representatives, spoken to them on the phone... Im still waiting on a reply with feedback to the same issue I've been having for over a week.

Is afrihost dead?

Quote Originally Posted by BirdPerson View Post
    I have logged complaints, sent emails, PM'd Afrihost representatives, spoken to them on the phone... Im still waiting on a reply with feedback to the same issue I've been having for over a week.

Is afrihost dead?
    We're here. Just had a team building session last night which is why we were quiet. As mentioned on the other threads, I'll respond to your PM.
    "And that's why you always leave a note..."

+ Reply to Thread