Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: lowest priced rain LTE-A packages from R499pm and once off router cost of R999!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzybuy View Post
    Yes perfect you can use the B618 as just a modem then by going from the LAN port into the WAN port of your Mikrotik router.
    You will have to set your Mikrotik WAN port to Dynamic IP and not PPPoE as you are doing with your ADSL.
    The Mikrotik gets its WAN connection in PPPoE mode via an ADSL modem, however with the Rain B618 you will need to receive your internet via WAN as a Dynamic IP service provided to the WAN port from the B618.

The Rain network does not use PPPoE to connect, it's an always on connection so your Mikrotik can't dial a connection via PPPoE.

The Rain network has all ports open by default.
    However if you are going to go LAN to WAN then you will need to remember that you are going to need to double NAT.

So for example:
    Your B618 router is on the IP 192.168.8.1 and assigns DHCP ips 192.168.8.100 - 200.
    Your Mikrotik router is on the IP 192.168.1.1 and assigns DHCP ips 192.168.1.100 - 200

If you want to port forward port 80 to IP 192.168.1.100 on your Mikrotik router network.
    Then you will need to set a port forward on the B618 on port 80 to forward to the LAN port IP 192.168.8.100 it's supplying to the WAN of your Mikrotik router.
    Then the Mikrotik router will need to forward port 80 on its WAN port from 192.168.8.100 to it's LAN port 192.168.1.100

So yes port forwarding is possible in your setup but will require double NAT.

Thank you.
    so static ip is suggested. DHCP will change the host IP in future. am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by walt chen View Post
    Spot on
    www.buzybuy.com - Your personal ISP

So DHCP is turned off in the B618 and is given a static IP?

Quote Originally Posted by tRoN View Post
    So DHCP is turned off in the B618 and is given a static IP?
    You can leave DHCP on as you will only have your router plugged into your Mikrotik device so the B618 will always assign the Mikrotik the first IP in its DHCP range as nothing else ever plugs into the B618.
    So you know the IP coming from your B618 to your Mikrotik will always be the first IP in the range.

Alternatively you can turn DHCP off and set IP static yourself.
    www.buzybuy.com - Your personal ISP

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    I think afrihostWebafrica will issue you a sim (even if ur outside)

You can get signal outside.. it just won't be that good of an experience.. (you might have to buy a very very good external antenna and point it towards a tower inside the coverage zone)

most people here inside the zone get 10-25mbit even on average signal (2 or 3bars) - if they buy the pointing 11db antenna they boost that to 50-60mbit and 5bars. So if ur outside and maybe get 1bar. with the added antenna you might pull 2 or 3 bars and also get the 10mbit to 25mbit +- <but it's all subjective>

You need elevation (so something ontop of you roof and hopefully you can see the tower directly)
    FTFY
    The_Librarian:V have a sexy voice
    Ockie:She does actually........................for a woman.

What is the reason to lock the sim to a router? This seems about as monopolistic as DSTV / Multichoice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dennis.se.foon View Post
    What is the reason to lock the sim to a router? This seems about as monopolistic as DSTV / Multichoice.
    It does seem bizarre. And unnecessary.
    Link to me on Samsung Rewards and earn a starting bonus. http://s-rewards.co.za/linkme.html?id=F341208769
    My BTC address:15fvnAGPvomWM9dkJ7DMcVEtae3NwVMXvD

Quote Originally Posted by hj2k_x View Post
    It does seem bizarre. And unnecessary.
    remember it's said as fixed Lte service. and Rain do promised to provide mobile data service before end of the year. So I think it's about business type issue, it's illegal if not bonded.

Blog Entries

remember it's said as fixed Lte service. and Rain do promised to provide mobile data service before end of the year. So I think it's about business type issue, it's illegal if not bonded.
    I suppose....
    Link to me on Samsung Rewards and earn a starting bonus. http://s-rewards.co.za/linkme.html?id=F341208769
    My BTC address:15fvnAGPvomWM9dkJ7DMcVEtae3NwVMXvD

Just wanna understand something. Why would my warranty be voided should I choose to insert an alternative Sim in the router, just does not make sense to me😕

Quote Originally Posted by Raaz1zn View Post
    Just wanna understand something. Why would my warranty be voided should I choose to insert an alternative Sim in the router, just does not make sense to me😕
    Seeing as though no night time days is offered, I would insert a Telkom sim with 500gb night data loaded.

Wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Raaz1zn View Post
    Seeing as though no night time days is offered, I would insert a Telkom sim with 500gb night data loaded.

Wouldn't you?
    I have gone this route, but on a different router. House goes via rain, download server via Telkom. Happy chappy.

Will BuzyBuy zero rate modem like Webafrica?

Speedtest. Umlanga in coverage area.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzybuy View Post
    Hi there,
    Possibly a dumb question, but where/how do I pay for next months internet?, this was originally paid via credit card. I cant see anything on my profile on your site.
    Please donate to the SPCA
    "I can not be defeated, I defeat all man, if he dies he dies." Ivan Drago

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast