Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Afrihost - Pure Internet FRUSTRATION

Default Afrihost - Pure Internet FRUSTRATION

So our area was upgraded on Wednesday, they cut us over to the new DSLAM and my stats have improved drastically. Currently I am getting a SNR of 27.7, att ration of 5.9 for down and 12 up. So everyone I know in the area we stay has been upgraded to 10MBPS but Im still sitting on 4MBPS, when I phone Afrihost I get some BS story about the exchange etc! I phone Telkom and they tell me that I should DEFINITELY be able to be upgraded to 10Meg!

Everyone else got upgraded as soon as they phoned Telkom but because my line is managed by Afrihost, my line for some mysterious reason cannot! So I am wondering why I am paying Afrihost to manage my line when they can't seem to do it!!

So atm I am not experiencing this Pure Internet Joy they speak about, only Pure Frustration!
    IT Support Cape Town - We do our best to make sure that your computer problems donít interfere with your business too much!

Are the other people with telkom?

As far as i'm aware only the telkom clients on their old 4MBs uncapped packages qualify for the free upgrade to 10MBs...
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Quote Originally Posted by jeinnor30 View Post
    So our area was upgraded on Wednesday, they cut us over to the new DSLAM and my stats have improved drastically. Currently I am getting a SNR of 27.7, att ration of 5.9 for down and 12 up. So everyone I know in the area we stay has been upgraded to 10MBPS but Im still sitting on 4MBPS, when I phone Afrihost I get some BS story about the exchange etc! I phone Telkom and they tell me that I should DEFINITELY be able to be upgraded to 10Meg!

Everyone else got upgraded as soon as they phoned Telkom but because my line is managed by Afrihost, my line for some mysterious reason cannot! So I am wondering why I am paying Afrihost to manage my line when they can't seem to do it!!

So atm I am not experiencing this Pure Internet Joy they speak about, only Pure Frustration!
    Who manages your line? Telkom or Afrihost? If Afrihost, then they are not doing any line upgrades, if Telkom, then it's Telkom you need to deal with
    The team were 9th in the Premier League in 2010 when they were sold to Venkys, they are now in the 3rd tier of English Football

Blackburn Rovers

Quote Originally Posted by Icemanbrfc View Post
    Who manages your line? Telkom or Afrihost? If Afrihost, then they are not doing any line upgrades, if Telkom, then it's Telkom you need to deal with
    Afrihost are managing line, what you mean they are not doing any line upgrades, why not?
    IT Support Cape Town - We do our best to make sure that your computer problems donít interfere with your business too much!

Afrihost are managing line, what you mean they are not doing any line upgrades, why not?
    Are you referring to the free linespeed upgrade from 4 to 10 which Telkom are doing , or do you just want to move from 4 to 10mbps in terms of your package with Afrihost?
    The team were 9th in the Premier League in 2010 when they were sold to Venkys, they are now in the 3rd tier of English Football

Blackburn Rovers

want to move from 4mb to 10mb or whatever the fastest I can upgrade my line to. The others are only having their line managed by telkom but are with other ISP's in terms of data! I feel like the fool cause my line is managed by Afrihost and I am not getting any joy!

Convert your line back to Telkom-Managed. The discount is not worth the frustration of having your ISP manage the line.

Quote Originally Posted by LCBXX View Post
    Convert your line back to Telkom-Managed. The discount is not worth the frustration of having your ISP manage the line.
    Thinking I need to do this, what is the best way to do this, what number must I phone?

Thinking I need to do this, what is the best way to do this, what number must I phone?
    Afrihost.

Quote Originally Posted by LCBXX View Post
    Afrihost.
    Thanks

Really sorry to hear about your frustrating experience, jeinnor30. It's possible that the API we use for Telkom/Openserve still has to update. Have you tried just requesting the upgrade via ClientZone? Regardless, please feel free to PM me your line info and I'll help push through the upgrade.
    "And that's why you always leave a note..."

Quote Originally Posted by AfriFella View Post
    Really sorry to hear about your frustrating experience, jeinnor30. It's possible that the API we use for Telkom/Openserve still has to update. Have you tried just requesting the upgrade via ClientZone? Regardless, please feel free to PM me your line info and I'll help push through the upgrade.
    I phoned you guys, what difference does it make to request via client zone or phone and do the request?

With regards to the API why would Telkom see that I can upgrade and you canít?

Lastly, I complained early on Friday and you only responding now? Is the typical response one gets from Afrihost in terms of how long it takes to respond?

Oh BTW, when I posted this comment I pmd you at the same time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Icemanbrfc View Post
    Are you referring to the free linespeed upgrade from 4 to 10 which Telkom are doing , or do you just want to move from 4 to 10mbps in terms of your package with Afrihost?
    I've read this a few times. Are all 4mb Telkom users being upgraded to 10Mb?

I phoned you guys, what difference does it make to request via client zone or phone and do the request?

With regards to the API why would Telkom see that I can upgrade and you can’t?

Lastly, I complained early on Friday and you only responding now? Is the typical response one gets from Afrihost in terms of how long it takes to respond?

Oh BTW, when I posted this comment I pmd you at the same time!!!
    I'm sorry if you misunderstood my question. All I really wanted to know was whether you're getting an error requesting the upgrade in ClientZone or not?

I definitely don't have any PMs from you, but as mentioned, I'll be super happy to help you with this if you send me your line number.
    "And that's why you always leave a note..."

Quote Originally Posted by AfriFella View Post
    I'm sorry if you misunderstood my question. All I really wanted to know was whether you're getting an error requesting the upgrade in ClientZone or not?

I definitely don't have any PMs from you, but as mentioned, I'll be super happy to help you with this if you send me your line number.
    Okay well I sent you a message AGAIN, and I checked my sent items in the forum and there is def a message in my sent item to you :-)

Oh well, lets see if you can help quicker than everyone else.

I spoke to ANOTHER person within the estate and they are with AXXESS, and they too upgraded IMMEDIATELY!! Really doesn't make sense!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast