Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fibre installed - now how to activate?

Quote Originally Posted by Drone 42 View Post
    This doesn't always mean you can select any of the two. Vuma might have fibre in the road but they might not have installed any fibre to the units in your complex. If SADV did the install most likely you will need to go with SADV as they have fibre to your unit. Your body corporate will need to allow SADV and Vuma to install to the units and this is sometimes unlikely.

The ISPs websites are not always up to date with all the info, normally when vuma installed in the neighborhood they will show vuma is available, but if you in a complex you might have a different provider, on some IPS's sites like home-connect you will see if you put the complex name in it will show you the provider in the complex, that is if they have up to date information.
    Yeah I also think so but I have a Vumatel branded ONT so whether they allowed it or not, it is done

Further update: there has been no configuration of my line yet. I tried calling Britelink so many times today but their lines kept cutting.

Oh, and then during midday, I receive a call from SADV saying they want to schedule an installation in my flat for Monday and gave me a time. I just said "ok". :'D this is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by PBCool View Post
    Your ISP can escalate this for you.
    I've asked Webafrica to do so, but it hasn't seemed to have done the trick. Im pretty sure I placed an order with Cool Ideas a few months ago on SADV's site. Can you check and escalate?

Quote Originally Posted by yash0505 View Post
    I've asked Webafrica to do so, but it hasn't seemed to have done the trick. Im pretty sure I placed an order with Cool Ideas a few months ago on SADV's site. Can you check and escalate?
    Yeah just PM me the account holders name.
    Cool Ideas Service Provider - www.cisp.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by PBCool View Post
    Yeah just PM me the account holders name.
    Done

Quote Originally Posted by yash0505 View Post
    Yeah I also think so but I have a Vumatel branded ONT so whether they allowed it or not, it is done
    A Vuma ONT is not going to help you much if there is no Vuma fibre in your unit to connect it to. If it is SADV fibre in your unit you won't be able to connect the Vuma ONT to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drone 42 View Post
    A Vuma ONT is not going to help you much if there is no Vuma fibre in your unit to connect it to. If it is SADV fibre in your unit you won't be able to connect the Vuma ONT to it.
    Yip I've informed Webafrica to get their people to come and collect the Vuma ONT and to cancel my application with them. SADV comes to do my final installation on Monday and they are going to be surprised when they see their equipment connected to a Vuma ONT

Anyway I've gone with Cool Ideas and they have already dispatched my router and sent through their first invoice.

Final update. SADV’s people came in and installed their ONT. My cool ideas router arrived later in the day. Plug and play. I’m now finally with 50/50 fiber
    I’ve cancelled with Webafrica and told Vuma to come collect their ONT.

Hey....pbcool

My ont is installed.
    When can I collect my router?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12