Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Death of Telkom Lte capped in centurion

Default Death of Telkom Lte capped in centurion

There are a few peeps living close to me and we all having the same issue of super slow Telkom LTE internet since it went off last week for a few hours https://speedtest.mybroadband.co.za/result/2655999 .. i logged a call and called them a few times and all they can do is ask me to reset the lte rooter ,, according to them there is no issue with the LTE speeds in centurion . i logged a call last week Friday and it was still not attended to at all Ref: 21349826. I don't have fiber in my street ,, what can a person do to get help from Telkom ?

Are those peeps also logging calls?
    Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    saor is a dumbass

asking them to give me the case numbers , im sure more peeps in centurion have the same issue ? if we don't say something then no one will fix it

ok my one friends case number is [197864642]

You guys in PTA are not the only ones receiving poor speeds. I am on the uncapped fixed LTE in Tygerberg (CTN) and my speed is as follows: DL: 2.07Mbps - UL: 2.02Mbps with a ping of 45ms. It seems to be a national issue.

I am just wondering if Telkom is not throttling our speeds because we have maybe reached or FUP/AUP for the month?

Quote Originally Posted by Henster View Post
    asking them to give me the case numbers , im sure more peeps in centurion have the same issue ? if we don't say something then no one will fix it
    Well, if you have the case numbers at least you can give all the case numbers to them when they spin the "according to them there is no issue with the LTE speeds in centurion" line.

Can't help much more. My LTE speeds at Irene is low too, 3mbps range, the Telkom 3G (HSDPA+) is much better, more like 7mbps range. But I only use in in my phone and tablet, so don't notice it.

And mine are capped accounts Josh B , so not FUP.
    Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    saor is a dumbass

Same story in Rustenburg I'm on 500GB LTE night surfer, I think Telkom mobile throttled us. I'm using 3g now on my phone much better.

same story in garsfontein and in margate, my LTE is pathetic this last week or two

Hi people
    I am in Cape Town
    For the last two days, I am also having issues... downloads from overseas are slower than dial-up. Speedtest is fine, I get 20 something Mbps.

What I notice is, the first 10 seconds the download is fast, then it goes slow, and remains slow. So obviously network problem.

Who or what can I phone to raise holy hell? I am new to the Telkom LTE, I never had need to phone them before until now.

+ Reply to Thread