Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vox 200Mbps

Default Vox 200Mbps

My Vuma fibre line is nearly installed and I've opted to go with Vox's 200Mbps / 20Mbps uncapped solution.

Does anyone else have this package and are you happy with it?

There is no FUP on Vumatel as to when running over the OpenServe network, so I'm curious to see if speeds are reached and if it's really uncapped.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by CPTBoy View Post
    My Vuma fibre line is nearly installed and I've opted to go with Vox's 200Mbps / 20Mbps uncapped solution.

Does anyone else have this package and are you happy with it?

There is no FUP on Vumatel as to when running over the OpenServe network, so I'm curious to see if speeds are reached and if it's really uncapped.
    Would the FUP not be with Vox?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

Quote Originally Posted by Slootvreter View Post
    Would the FUP not be with Vox?
    I also asked this question, and apprently OpenServe dictates a FUP to them, but VumaTel doesn't.

Not sure how true this is, but we will see.

Super Grandmaster

I also asked this question, and apprently OpenServe dictates a FUP to them, but VumaTel doesn't.

Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar

You can get a 200/200 connection from Cool Ideas for the same price, just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolani99 View Post
    The atheists won't be forced to bow their heads, they can just imagine themselves burning in hell.

Thats untrue, Openserv just provides layer2. FUP, shaping etc is decided by the ISP.

Currently Openserv only has 100mbps max available.

Vuma offers the 200mbps
    Level-7 Internet
    www.level-7.co.za
    010 9000 777

Quote Originally Posted by DrJohnZoidberg View Post
    You can get a 200/200 connection from Cool Ideas for the same price, just sayin'.
    Thanks, I'll see how it goes, I'm on month to month.

Also a couple of ISPs decided to show at our town hall meeting with Vumatel. So I appreciate the effort they are doing, hence signing up with Vox.

Thanks, I'll see how it goes, I'm on month to month.

Also a couple of ISPs decided to show at our town hall meeting with Vumatel. So I appreciate the effort they are doing, hence signing up with Vox.
    First you need to figure out if you are going openserve or vumatel. Earlier you talked about VOX stating openserve dictates the FUP however you mention 200/200 package which openserve do not offer.

In either case, the FUP is put in place by the ISP and not the layer2 provider as Layer7 stated earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by John Tempus View Post
    First you need to figure out if you are going openserve or vumatel. Earlier you talked about VOX stating openserve dictates the FUP however you mention 200/200 package which openserve do not offer.

In either case, the FUP is put in place by the ISP and not the layer2 provider as Layer7 stated earlier.
    Sorry for not stating the obvious, but yes we are getting VumaTel.

Have a question, do you really need 200mbps internet? Assuming this is for the home? What will it allow you to do? Just curious ...

Used to have 75mbps internet when I lived overseas - died when I came back - when 4mbps was considered great. Now think for everything that we do, 20mbps is more than sufficient ..

Quote Originally Posted by InternetLuddite View Post
    Have a question, do you really need 200mbps internet? Assuming this is for the home? What will it allow you to do? Just curious ...
    Yeah you don't really need more than 20mb, but its great to have that extra headroom. In my household, the max any of the devices get on wifi is about 100mb, so there is always an excess and its great for online gaming because no matter what anyone does my ping doesn't change. Also with my ISP, cool ideas, the 200mb is only R300 more than the 100mb so it was a no brainer.
    Last edited by Loppas; 28-09-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Used to have 75mbps internet when I lived overseas - died when I came back - when 4mbps was considered great. Now think for everything that we do, 20mbps is more than sufficient ..
    I know I don't really need it, but we are a household of 4 with a lot of connected devices.

The reason I went for it was basically why not ( and to be future proof ). I say that, because it's still cheaper than I'm currently paying for my 10Mbps / 2Mbps WISP, so it's a win for me.

Obviously it being month to month, if I feel it's an overkill, I can just downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Loppas View Post
    Yeah you don't really need more than 20mb, but its great to have that extra headroom. In my household, the max any of the devices get is about 100mb, so there is always an excess and its great for online gaming because no matter what anyone does my ping doesn't change. Also with my ISP, cool ideas, the 200mb is only R300 more than the 100mb so it was a no brainer.
    We have an entire business running on 50mbps symmetrical. No dodgy **** allowed of course but nobody complains. This is about 40 users! Of course - not everyone using internet all the time

Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar

Download a 60GB game off Steam. 20Mbps will take you over 7 hours, 200Mbps will be done in under 1 hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolani99 View Post
    The atheists won't be forced to bow their heads, they can just imagine themselves burning in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by DrJohnZoidberg View Post
    Download a 60GB game off Steam. 20Mbps will take you over 7 hours, 200Mbps will be done in under 1 hour.
    This^

We have 2 PS4s and those bloody games are huge!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast