Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Free lte-a rain router from webafrica.

  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inky1980 View Post
    Yes because everything goes on special, right?....This isn't a R15 carton of milk. Congrats, money clearly isn't an issue in your life.
    I just don't understand your argument? If R2000 is a lot of money to you, then wait until you get it on special? You wanted to be an early adopter, and you are now paying the price for it. It's simple really.

    I wanted it a month ago, I decided I was not willing to fork out R2500 and waited. I ended up paying R999 because I did not want to wait any longer.

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F1 Fan View Post
    I just don't understand your argument? If R2000 is a lot of money to you, then wait until you get it on special? You wanted to be an early adopter, and you are now paying the price for it. It's simple really.

    I wanted it a month ago, I decided I was not willing to fork out R2500 and waited. I ended up paying R999 because I did not want to wait any longer.
    No I had to get it because I had no other solution for an internet connection after I moved, it wasn't about being an early adopter at all.

    So no, it's not simple really. I was an ADSL subscriber with them before I moved and I had to go the LTE route. I could very easily have gone to another ISP who was offering it for less but since I was happy with their service I forked out the cash because I thought it would be worth it.

    I've said what I wanted to say - I was ripped off, simple as that.

    Congrats to everyone else who is getting it for free, right place and right timing. Enjoy.

  3. #18

    Default

    This.

    Due to rotting infrastructure, ADSL just isn't an option for me.

    Feeling bleak and ripped now.


    Quote Originally Posted by Inky1980 View Post
    No I had to get it because I had no other solution for an internet connection after I moved, it wasn't about being an early adopter at all.

    So no, it's not simple really. I was an ADSL subscriber with them before I moved and I had to go the LTE route. I could very easily have gone to another ISP who was offering it for less but since I was happy with their service I forked out the cash because I thought it would be worth it.

    I've said what I wanted to say - I was ripped off, simple as that.

    Congrats to everyone else who is getting it for free, right place and right timing. Enjoy.

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inky1980 View Post
    No I had to get it because I had no other solution for an internet connection after I moved, it wasn't about being an early adopter at all.

    So no, it's not simple really. I was an ADSL subscriber with them before I moved and I had to go the LTE route. I could very easily have gone to another ISP who was offering it for less but since I was happy with their service I forked out the cash because I thought it would be worth it.

    I've said what I wanted to say - I was ripped off, simple as that.

    Congrats to everyone else who is getting it for free, right place and right timing. Enjoy.
    Could've used Voda/MTN via Afrihost etc. I got a Mygica android box two weeks before Telkom launched their Lit one. Not going to shed a tear about it. You win some, you lose some.
    It's easy to think that religion is a lie when all I see is the hypocrite through the splinters in my eyes.

  5. #20

    Default

    Seems they are really pushing this.

  6. #21
    Super Grandmaster eg2505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    JHB East
    Posts
    9,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaufen View Post
    Seems they are really pushing this.
    but is it really worth it? as one can buy other routers for less, some even dual SIM
    I mean getting into a contract just to get a router might not be the smartest idea....

  7. #22

    Default

    Afrihost also gives a free router now.

    They also added 25gb+25gb package for R299.
    Www.gtxgaming.co.za
    For all your graphics card requirements!

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southern Suburbs, Cape Town
    Posts
    180

    Default

    The "free" WebAfrica router doesn't actually belong to you though, you either have to return it or pay for it when you cancel. Which may or may not be an issue for you.

    I've asked about what Afrihost's policy is on their thread, will wait and see.

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gtx Gaming View Post
    Afrihost also gives a free router now.

    They also added 25gb+25gb package for R299.
    ....and it is available month-to-month. Afrihost don't do contracts

  10. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Carlswald, Hatfield
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Space View Post
    ....and it is available month-to-month. Afrihost don't do contracts
    YEah bought two of these bad boys before they changed the terms to 6 months. So free for me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 212
    Last Post: 10-10-2017, 01:25 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 20-09-2017, 10:28 AM
  3. Webafrica cuts Rain LTE-A top-up data prices
    By Newsfeed in forum Broadband and IT News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2017, 10:55 AM
  4. Webafrica and MWEB will sell Rain LTE-A packages
    By Kevin Lancaster in forum Broadband and IT News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14-06-2017, 11:25 PM
  5. WebAfrica Free 10gb router problem
    By Aider in forum ADSL and VDSL ISP Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 10:18 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •