Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New fibre installation - Afrihost login issue

Default New fibre installation - Afrihost login issue

Hi.

My fibre installation was completed a week ago, but I have been battling to get my router to work using the Afrihost login details. Afrihost keep giving me the same instructions ..
    1) Configure router to use PPPoE
    2) Enter your username/password into the router
    3) You will have Internet access

FYI: I am using a standard Afrihost-supplied router.

If I use the [email protected] test account then my router immediately connects to the Openserve system, and the speed test indicates that my line is running at the correct speed.

But when I enter my Afrihost userame/password then my router takes about 5 minutes to establish a connection, and after eventually establishing a connection I am unable to connect to or even ping any web site.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Frank

You can confirm the login details for the PPPoE connection on the Afrihost client portal. Also, get a free 1GB account and see if that works?

Thanks for the suggestions.

1) I'm not aware of any Afihost free 1Gb fibre accounts. I will ask Afrihost if this type of account exists for their fibre network.

2) The Afrihost portal doesn't allow me to do much with my fibre account. It just shows my account status as ..

"Processing Order
    Congratulations! Your order has been placed with Openserve and is being processed. A line installation is required, Openserve will be in touch regarding this. Once your line is installed you will be connected via Afrihost. We will notify you when everything is up and running."

which is a bit odd, since they have already contacted me, and supplied me with a username and password.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    You can confirm the login details for the PPPoE connection on the Afrihost client portal. Also, get a free 1GB account and see if that works?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaldAndTheBeautiful View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions.

1) I'm not aware of any Afihost free 1Gb fibre accounts. I will ask Afrihost if this type of account exists for their fibre network.

2) The Afrihost portal doesn't allow me to do much with my fibre account. It just shows my account status as ..

"Processing Order
    Congratulations! Your order has been placed with Openserve and is being processed. A line installation is required, Openserve will be in touch regarding this. Once your line is installed you will be connected via Afrihost. We will notify you when everything is up and running."

which is a bit odd, since they have already contacted me, and supplied me with a username and password.
    The password you were sent was wrong.
    Phone them and they will give you the right one, or use the live chat.
    Seems to be a common problem. Its happened to me and a family member.
    Cyberoam Certified Network Security Professional
    3CX Advanced Certified Engineer

Thanks, I will ask for a password reset.

FYI: The Live Chat functionality has never worked for me. I always get this message;
    "Welcome to our Live Chat
    Our Agents are not available at this time. Please leave a message. Thank you."

Quote Originally Posted by killerbyte View Post
    The password you were sent was wrong.
    Phone them and they will give you the right one, or use the live chat.
    Seems to be a common problem. Its happened to me and a family member.

UPDATE:

After speaking to the Afrihost support staff it turns out that it wasn't a password issue. My account wasn't even fully configured on the Afrihost system.

I'm not sure why they didn't notice for an entire week of me complaining (on an almost daily basis). It looks like logging online support tickets is not the best way of dealing with Afrihost problems.

Thanks, I will ask for a password reset.

FYI: The Live Chat functionality has never worked for me. I always get this message;
    "Welcome to our Live Chat
    Our Agents are not available at this time. Please leave a message. Thank you."

Grandmaster
    Stellenbosch, Republic of the Western Cape

-deleted-
    --
    ADSL Line: 20Mbps via Afrihost 100Mb Capped

Keep Calm And Engage Low Range

UPDATE:

After speaking to the Afrihost support staff it turns out that it wasn't a password issue. My account wasn't even fully configured on the Afrihost system.

I'm not sure why they didn't notice for an entire week of me complaining (on an almost daily basis). It looks like logging online support tickets is not the best way of dealing with Afrihost problems.
    That's not cool to hear! Are you connected now? If you are still having trouble please Inbox me your details so that I can find out what's going on.
    "Great Scott!"

+ Reply to Thread