Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ISP with the best support?

Unhappy ISP with the best support?

So I am currently with Afrihost. Their support is so bad that I going to move. Sitting on the phone in a queue for 44 minutes, no emails answered for over a week including their call backs.

I have been trying to get my fibre activated but Openserver/Afrihost messed something up during the initial activation. This was several weeks ago. Each time I speak to them I get a different reason for the problem. The only way to get hold of Afrhost is to sit on their support line for +/-30-40min in a queue.

I used to champion them in the early days. Great competent support. Times have changed.

I want an ISP that I can get hold of someone within a reasonable amount of time. When I have a problem, deal with one person rather than the lucky packet Afrihost spews up.

So my question is, from a pure support point of view, which ISP do you reckon has the best support?

I had the same issue with Afrihost. My issues when right up to the CEO and it was just Terrible service.
    Moved over to Mweb a few months back and its been great thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by syinner View Post
    So I am currently with Afrihost. Their support is so bad that I going to move. Sitting on the phone in a queue for 44 minutes, no emails answered for over a week including their call backs.

I have been trying to get my fibre activated but Openserver/Afrihost messed something up during the initial activation. This was several weeks ago. Each time I speak to them I get a different reason for the problem. The only way to get hold of Afrhost is to sit on their support line for +/-30-40min in a queue.

I used to champion them in the early days. Great competent support. Times have changed.

I want an ISP that I can get hold of someone within a reasonable amount of time. When I have a problem, deal with one person rather than the lucky packet Afrihost spews up.

So my question is, from a pure support point of view, which ISP do you reckon has the best support?
    The best customer service probably lies with Crystal Web. Their live chat support hours and response times are pretty nuts. But I just left them - support alone does nothing for your connection. I'm on Cool Ideas from today and their support is okay.

You'll need more feedback here about the all-round value of Vox, Axxess, Web Africa etc to pick out the best option for your next ISP.

Quote Originally Posted by technojunky View Post
    I had the same issue with Afrihost. My issues when right up to the CEO and it was just Terrible service.
    Moved over to Mweb a few months back and its been great thus far.
    Mweb is one of the worst options for ISP.

Just quoting my experience.. they certainly been better to me then afrihost

+ Reply to Thread