Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2228

Thread: Multiple victims hospitalised after Las Vegas shooting

Super Grandmaster NarrowBandFtw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish McPanji View Post
    Except it's far short of what I wanted...what I want would have saved lives, and made the world a better place
    A noble goal, only the measures you seem to favour won't achieve it in the slightest.

Banning bump stocks or silencers or assault rifles altogether would not have stopped Stephen Paddock any more than it would have stopped any past gun massacre, nor would it stop any future gun massacre. Time for everyone to think outside the box, debating the severity of ineffective measures is just a waste of everyone's time.
    none so blind as those who refuse to see

http://lucidramble.com

A Djinn

Quote Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post
    Would be nice if the thread was not derailed/split into gun laws and original thread...
    It would also be nice if Hellboy 3 actually came out but it's just like the Beatles said. You can't always get what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by CorrieV2.0 View Post
    ... trust me I will feel threatened when you come.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja'd View Post
    It would also be nice if Hellboy 3 actually came out but it's just like the Beatles said. You can't always get what you want.
    Name:  sherlock-star-wars-hunger-games-harry-potter-doctor-who.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  56.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by genelock View Post
    Anyone looked at link in #1596?
    Tried, the tinfoil would not stick.

What I find funny in all this chatter worldwide is the hard core lefties who normally jump in a terrorist attack discussion trying to say: “people die all the time” or “let’s just move on” or whatever, are now putting on the brakes with “Something needs to be done!”.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosedrool View Post
    What I find funny in all this chatter worldwide is the hard core lefties who normally jump in a terrorist attack discussion trying to say: “people die all the time” or “let’s just move on” or whatever, are now putting on the brakes with “Something needs to be done!”.
    Terrorism is unfortunately defined to have political motivations. It is high time we stopped distinguishing mass shootings as anything other than acts of terror. Same goes for house invasions, armed robbery by more than one indiviual, and in the case of S.A. - farm attacks.
    Label them correctly as "acts of domestic terrorism".
    Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanfeishen View Post
    Terrorism is unfortunately defined to have political motivations. It is high time we stopped distinguishing mass shootings as anything other than acts of terror. Same goes for house invasions, armed robbery by more than one indiviual, and in the case of S.A. - farm attacks.
    Label them correctly as "acts of domestic terrorism".
    The reasons why people commit all these horrific acts are completely different. Hence why you have different names

This guy was most likely in a pit of nihilism and decided for himself that nothing, including the lives of other people, matters to him.
    A mussie who delivers peace at 90 km/h at a Christmas festival in Europe does it because he knows it will ruin the lives of the people he kills and does it because he thinks it will please his God.
    Your home invader/armed robbery person is most likely doing it for money as well as a bit of jealousy thrown in.
    Your Farm attacker is doing it for the money with a lot of jealousy and hate thrown in for good measure.

So the roles have been reversed? Almost like those on either end of the extreme spectrum cant have an informed conversation on either matter because they are too emotionally charged.
    "Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so." -Galileo

Quote Originally Posted by Unhappy438 View Post
    So the roles have been reversed? Almost like those on either end of the extreme spectrum cant have an informed conversation on either matter because they are too emotionally charged.
    The problem is people think in terms of right and left rather than what is actually correct

I agree with that but it still doesn't stop the hypocrisy. Most republicans I know are also looking to see what comes out of this not to mention promoting a relook on the semi auto addons you can purchase. I wonder how many liberals are promoting the tightening up of laws surrounding illegal immigrants...

See the difference?

Not quite. I didn't hear anyone say "bomb the ****ers" yet
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

I agree with that but it still doesn't stop the hypocrisy. Most republicans I know are also looking to see what comes out of this not to mention promoting a relook on the semi auto addons you can purchase. I wonder how many liberals are promoting the tightening up of laws surrounding illegal immigrants...

See the difference?
    No you're just adding to the ignorance, just off the top of my head i remember 47 democrats voting against a Syrian immigration bill.

So if the Republicans piecemeal measures against gun control is worthy to you then so too should the Democrats on immigration.

Note: I personally think both have failed in the respective categories.

True and they did actually try that, what a spectacular failure. They still want to try it again though
    "Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so." -Galileo

See the difference?
    Yes, because illegal immigrants are all dangerous while not all guns are used as weapons

entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Quote Originally Posted by ponder View Post
    That is a stupid argument since the only way you can prevent Rocket Man from using nukes is by having nukes yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast