Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Dear Afrihost non-existent support - Please give me feedback on #TOA-355-28087

  1. #1

    Exclamation Dear Afrihost non-existent support - Please give me feedback on #TOA-355-28087

    So I guess posting on the public forum is my last resort - AH prefer you to air all the dirty laundry before they respond, here goes - will try keep short.

    - Bought a Redmi4a with 500MB Promo (2 of them) a few months back, set them both up and both have been working fine since.
    - One of the sims stopped working around 21st of August, no signal at all
    - Requested AH provide a new one as it was their sim to begin with, got new one delivered 22 Sept
    - Had a few issues activating the SIM (you have to actually dial 173 to activate the sim, not just wait for an SMS like the instructions on the website says) so I opened a support ticket about it on 22 Sep.
    - Fiddled around some more and worked out the 173 thing, did a sim swap and the sim swap completed successfully (can ring and sms the number and it comes through)
    - Tested it out on the Redmi, no data throughput at all even though it says MTN 3G
    - Tested it on my Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, my AH MiFi device and then, for good measure, another Samsung Galaxy Prime -- all the same issue.
    - Sent more follow up support emails on 24th to confirm I did get the SIM Swap right but data wasn't working, again on 26th to follow up.
    - Sent @AfriGenie a PM on MyBB 27th September to find out whats wrong
    - Got through to Live chat (like winning the lottery) I think either Wed/Thur last week, explained my issue but the live chat cut out / lost connection and I had to reload the page, live chat unavailable again.
    - Spent 45 minutes on hold today and ran out of airtime trying to contact them.

    So basically, no response from AH *at all* since my first opening of this ticket on 22 Sep. It was not marked as closed on AH's site it's still active under my client zone login - all my replies are there.

    AH reps, I see you like to respond to public forum posts, so please - get back to me.
    Last edited by blunt; 02-10-2017 at 07:08 PM.
    20MB MTN FTTH

  2. #2

    Default

    Starting to think I might just be invisible...
    20MB MTN FTTH

  3. #3
    Afrihost Representative AfriMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rivonia, Johannesburg
    Posts
    15,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blunt View Post
    So I guess posting on the public forum is my last resort - AH prefer you to air all the dirty laundry before they respond, here goes - will try keep short.

    - Bought a Redmi4a with 500MB Promo (2 of them) a few months back, set them both up and both have been working fine since.
    - One of the sims stopped working around 21st of August, no signal at all
    - Requested AH provide a new one as it was their sim to begin with, got new one delivered 22 Sept
    - Had a few issues activating the SIM (you have to actually dial 173 to activate the sim, not just wait for an SMS like the instructions on the website says) so I opened a support ticket about it on 22 Sep.
    - Fiddled around some more and worked out the 173 thing, did a sim swap and the sim swap completed successfully (can ring and sms the number and it comes through)
    - Tested it out on the Redmi, no data throughput at all even though it says MTN 3G
    - Tested it on my Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, my AH MiFi device and then, for good measure, another Samsung Galaxy Prime -- all the same issue.
    - Sent more follow up support emails on 24th to confirm I did get the SIM Swap right but data wasn't working, again on 26th to follow up.
    - Sent @AfriGenie a PM on MyBB 27th September to find out whats wrong
    - Got through to Live chat (like winning the lottery) I think either Wed/Thur last week, explained my issue but the live chat cut out / lost connection and I had to reload the page, live chat unavailable again.
    - Spent 45 minutes on hold today and ran out of airtime trying to contact them.

    So basically, no response from AH *at all* since my first opening of this ticket on 22 Sep. It was not marked as closed on AH's site it's still active under my client zone login - all my replies are there.

    AH reps, I see you like to respond to public forum posts, so please - get back to me.
    Hi there

    We're not really monitoring these sub-forums since we moved everything over to the Afrihost Support Forum.

    You definitely shouldn't be having such a frustrating experience and I'm sure we can solve this for you.

    Can you drop me a PM with the deets and I'll make sure this gets resolved?

    I'll also chat with AfriGenie about how he might have missed your PM - really sorry about that
    If AfriMan says it, it is so!

    If you asked an excellent question, please post on Answers!

  4. #4

    Default

    Good luck

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AfriMan View Post
    Hi there

    We're not really monitoring these sub-forums since we moved everything over to the Afrihost Support Forum.

    You definitely shouldn't be having such a frustrating experience and I'm sure we can solve this for you.

    Can you drop me a PM with the deets and I'll make sure this gets resolved?

    I'll also chat with AfriGenie about how he might have missed your PM - really sorry about that
    PM Sent, still no calls besides one I missed last night at 8:30PM after smsing "Help" in the afternoon.

    SMS'd help this morning again and no call yet.
    20MB MTN FTTH

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Good luck
    thanks - clearly need it
    20MB MTN FTTH

  7. #7
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mistbelt, KZN
    Posts
    6,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AfriMan View Post
    Hi there

    We're not really monitoring these sub-forums since we moved everything over to the Afrihost Support Forum.
    Seriously? Perhaps you should ask for these sub-forums to be moved to where ever it is youíve run away to?

    Actually, that says a lot about the corprate culture at Afrihost these days. No-one accepts responsibility, and itís not my job.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blunt View Post
    thanks - clearly need it
    Heya blunt. Did you manage to get your query resolved?
    "And that's why you always leave a note..."

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin62 View Post
    Seriously? Perhaps you should ask for these sub-forums to be moved to where ever it is you’ve run away to?

    Actually, that says a lot about the corprate culture at Afrihost these days. No-one accepts responsibility, and it’s not my job.
    We do our best to monitor as many threads and feedback channels as possible. This thread has now been moved into our sub-forum.
    "And that's why you always leave a note..."

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AfriFella View Post
    Heya blunt. Did you manage to get your query resolved?
    hi AfriFella

    I was called this morning around 8.30 and the guy (forgot his name) understood the issue and mentioned he'd email through a request to MTN to get the new SIM information because my sim swap did complete. He said it can take between 1 and 4 hours for them to get updated and he'd call me if there's any issue.

    As of me typing this post it's still not working.
    20MB MTN FTTH

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blunt View Post
    hi AfriFella

    I was called this morning around 8.30 and the guy (forgot his name) understood the issue and mentioned he'd email through a request to MTN to get the new SIM information because my sim swap did complete. He said it can take between 1 and 4 hours for them to get updated and he'd call me if there's any issue.

    As of me typing this post it's still not working.
    Feel free to drop me a PM with your info and I'll look into progress.
    "And that's why you always leave a note..."

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AfriFella View Post
    Feel free to drop me a PM with your info and I'll look into progress.
    thanks, pm sent
    20MB MTN FTTH

  13. #13

    Default

    No reply to PM yesterday to @AfriFella. No reply from the guy who called me. No reply to my ticket I opened on the 22 Sep.

    Still not working.

    Imagine I actually relied on this data connection for business; would I recommend AH to anyone after this? No, definitely not, even if I were to base it purely on the support, never mind the non-working connection.
    Last edited by blunt; 06-10-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    20MB MTN FTTH

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blunt View Post
    No reply to PM yesterday to @AfriFella. No reply from the guy who called me. No reply to my ticket I opened on the 22 Sep.

    Still not working.

    Imagine I actually relied on this data connection for business; would I recommend AH to anyone after this? No, definitely not, even if I were to base it purely on the support, never mind the non-working connection.
    I'll check with AfriFella and our Critical Care Team quickly.
    "Great Scott!"

  15. #15

    Default

    *drum roll* ...... its still not working.

    Did get a reply to my ticket from Irvin on Saturday afternoon saying they've requested a re-provision of the sim and I should wait 48 hours. So let's see if it's working by the end of today.
    20MB MTN FTTH

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Afrihost 3rd Party Support for Telkom non existent...
    By pinkscorpio68 in forum Afrihost Support Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31-05-2017, 08:57 AM
  2. Afrihost Non existent HELP line
    By dingaanone in forum ADSL and VDSL ISP Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-07-2016, 02:18 PM
  3. Mweb Business Support Non Existent
    By P00HB33R in forum Hosting and Cloud Computing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2015, 09:54 AM
  4. Afrihost Support Feedback - The Ultimate Truth!!!
    By satplanet in forum ADSL and VDSL ISP Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 21-04-2010, 03:40 PM
  5. Non-existent Neotel Support
    By orin76 in forum Neotel NeoConnect, NeoFlex and NeoBroadband
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 24-02-2009, 02:34 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •