Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I change my MTN number while in contract?

Super Grandmaster
    Arcadia by day / Blue Bend at night, East London

Default Can I change my MTN number while in contract?

I would appreciate it if anyone who knows if this can be done or has first hand experience with having this done shares here.

I have 2 sims in my dual sim phone, my primary number which is on Vodacom Prepaid and a second sim which is a MTN BLACK FRIDAY deal contract sim.

I am thinking about going back to a single sim phone, but need to merge my primary number and the benefits on the Black Friday MTN sim.

If I was to port my primary number to a MTN prepaid sim, would an MTN store then be able to move this prepaid MTN number to the Black Friday contract? This way, my Black Friday sim would now be my primary number and I can go back to a single sim phone.

They won't be able to merge the Vodacom number with the contract for the black friday because of the sim requirements and the fact that you ported the number.

I would consider a new phone only after your black friday contract has terminated and then move to Vodacom entirely. MTN is not worth it (and you're talking to someone with an MTN number since 1998 who ported less than a year ago with way better quality of service etc)

Super Grandmaster
    Arcadia by day / Blue Bend at night, East London

Quote Originally Posted by envo View Post
    They won't be able to merge the Vodacom number with the contract for the black friday because of the sim requirements and the fact that you ported the number.

I would consider a new phone only after your black friday contract has terminated and then move to Vodacom entirely. MTN is not worth it (and you're talking to someone with an MTN number since 1998 who ported less than a year ago with way better quality of service etc)
    This is a concern of mine. Vodacom support has been brilliant and voice is the best out of all the networks in my opinion. My other plan was to just suck it up and buy Voda bundles and purchase an LTE mifi when when I need to access the 50GB MTN data sim...

Hi did you come right?

Wife's contract with Vodascum has ended. Want to move her number onto 1 of my blackfriday sims too.

According to the call centre on 808, an MTn store can do the numberswop once she's moved to prepaid.

+ Reply to Thread