Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Telkom LTE After Hours Download Speeds

Default Telkom LTE After Hours Download Speeds

The past 5 days I have been experiencing terrible download speeds after hours (between 00:05 and 06:59). My download speed on LTE jumps around 150KB/s to 700KB/s. But, at 07:00 it suddenly jumps back to 3MB/s to 4MB/s. What would cause this to happen? Rebooting the router does not help.

Thought I was the only one.

It's been terrible for the last week / 2 weeks - agreed. I've never had speeds as low as it is now.

Something must be going on with their network that they are not disclosing to the public...

Mine has dropped as well but not to those levels luckily, still getting decent dl speeds considering.

All the people killing the towers with their 500GB for R50 bundle downloads?
    Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    saor is a dumbass

This seems to be it. Slow during the night and decent in the day.

Morning

You are not alone.

Yep, then it seems it might be that. Best is not to buy these bundles then as they are effectively useless as Telkom cannot properly cater for the amount of users. Back to paying more for downloads then.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianax View Post
    Yep, then it seems it might be that. Best is not to buy these bundles then as they are effectively useless as Telkom cannot properly cater for the amount of users. Back to paying more for downloads then.
    That is what i call a monopoly. One side cheap other side expensive.

Are there sill honest companies out there.

Default Telkom LTE After Hours Download Speeds

I honestly cannot wait to get my fibre service.

We’ve been having Telkom speed issues for a long time now.

Both on my phone and LTE router I lock on to 3G only which is a proven solution, for me at least.

On average I get around 2Mbps which is barely sufficient for ShowMax SD streams.
    Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X SFP | RocketNet Apollo 100 Home Uncapped Fibre | Telkom SmartPlan 100 Voice

So after a few days of not doing any dl's just queueing everything I needed, tried again last night again, have to say I'm back to where I was, did about +/-40gb last night alone and not whole not as well as the PC was shut down when I got to it this morning.

The past 5 days I have been experiencing terrible download speeds after hours (between 00:05 and 06:59). My download speed on LTE jumps around 150KB/s to 700KB/s. But, at 07:00 it suddenly jumps back to 3MB/s to 4MB/s. What would cause this to happen? Rebooting the router does not help.
    I've been saying that Telkom could be throttling the night surfer. The speed jump at 7am just reinforces this. Ive seen that if I download multiple torrents (5-10) simultaneously I get a 3-4MB/s spread over those files at max bandwidth. When I download 1 torrent the ceiling is 2MB/s no matter how many seeds there are. So there could be something that's going on there.

Not useless, just unusable.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth View Post
    I honestly cannot wait to get my fibre service.

We’ve been having Telkom speed issues for a long time now.

Both on my phone and LTE router I lock on to 3G only which is a proven solution, for me at least.

On average I get around 2Mbps which is barely sufficient for ShowMax SD streams.
    No 4G in your area? 2300/1800mhz?

What exactly do you expect for R50? It is insanely cheap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast