Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Better the devil you know.

Default Better the devil you know.

I've been a Vodacom subscriber myself for 20 years plus. Rest of the family is with MTN. So I decided to port to MTN. Went into the store on Sunday to do this.

So I get the port request done and also do the paperwork for a Mychoice+S month-to-month "contract", same as the 2 I have for family members. Later I get SMS contract approved and port done, I must go collect SIM and Rica.

Monday I go in to do this. I query why my monthly is R199, and the current ones are R229. Get told I signed for a 24 month contract, which is exactly what I did not want. So I cancel the contract there and then. Assistant tells me now they have to cancel the port too and I have to start from scratch. Apparently I can only get a month-to-month on an upgrade, not new contract.

So yesterday I go to MTN HO in Morningside. Speak to lale. First thing we do is combine my 2 accounts, which Centurion store said can not be done. Next I ask about the month-to-month on a new contract. Lale says sure, it can be done??? First we have to port, again, then new contract. But no, can not do that now, because the account migration must be approved first before she can do anything else on my account.

So now I have to go back for a 4th time to MTN today. Have not been able to make or receive a call since Sunday. Any **** today from them and I am going to the devil )Telkom. I will then also be porting my 4 other accounts to Telkom. Maybe I should just have stayed with Vodacom.

Telkom freeme

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Telkom freeme
    Yup. Just worried about them piggy-backing on MTN and reports that MTN gives preference to MTN(Understandably) during high load times.

Blog Entries

I there, i pick up no Lale at Morningside, was she an Indian lady perhaps?
    Avada Kedavra!

Quote Originally Posted by Voldemort View Post
    I there, i pick up no Lale at Morningside, was she an Indian lady perhaps?
    Nope African (if that is OK to say?) She pronounced her name as Lale. Might be spelt differently. Super efficient lady. Pity the MTN system would not play along. My number was B004 and I think she was at 19, the second last booth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Farquart View Post
    Nope African (if that is OK to say?) She pronounced her name as Lale. Might be spelt differently. Super efficient lady. Pity the MTN system would not play along. My number was B004 and I think she was at 19, the second last booth.
    Sadly doesn't help me, they move around
    If you don't come right, pop me a PM with your details and I'll escalate the matter.
    Avada Kedavra!

Quote Originally Posted by Voldemort View Post
    Sadly doesn't help me, they move around
    If you don't come right, pop me a PM with your details and I'll escalate the matter.
    Thanks, will do.

+ Reply to Thread