Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cell C New Data Packages Don't Work

Default Cell C New Data Packages Don't Work

Hi.

I've upgraded my existing Cell C MyGiga 20 to one of the new packages that was launched 1 October 2017. I chose to go with the 50GB package for R489 per month. I've done the upgrade over the phone. Anyway, I explicitly asked if I can use my existing SIM card and when the new data contract will become active. The lady over the phone confirmed that I can use my existing SIM card and the new contract will be active within 30 minutes of our conversation.

So in the afternoon I logged into my Huawei modem to check if the new contract is active. To my surprise, I got an SMS stating that I have successfully migrated to the 500MB package! And now I only have 0.46GB of data! Furious, I decided to wait till the next day to phone them. To my surprise, again, the SIM card now doesn't connect to Cell C's network anymore. After fruitless conversations with Customer Care, they informed me that my SIM card broke. A day after I did the upgrade? What a coincidence!

So now I sit without any mobile internet. The implication of this is that I cannot work offsite today nor can I conduct my usual business away from my home and office. You effectively screwed me over!

Cell C, why do you ALWAYS make it such a miserable experience when I upgrade my contract :-(

Hi Ozz_7

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Please PM us your Cell C number + contact number, we will have you contacted & assisted.

^BM

I have feedback.

The issue was with my SIM card. I did the upgrade over the phone and it was never explained to me that this new contract only works on LTE networks. My old SIM card was outdated. I went into the store and that's where they said I needed to buy a new SIM card.

Either way, Cell C needs to train their staff better as I upgraded over the phone totally unaware of the clause that says this product only works on LTE.

Thank you.

Thank you for the feedback Ozz_7. We use feedback from customers to help improve the level of service that we provide to our customers. We are glad you have been assisted.

^NS

+ Reply to Thread