Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Injector Cleaner

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    391

    Default Injector Cleaner

    Hi All

    Most people say it works some say its a bunch of bull*. So I am asking for an honest opinion. Does it really work? I am really considering it. I am not mentioning any brands becasue I am open to any brand that gives noticable results.

    Many thanks

  2. #2
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    46,244

    Default

    Best place to post this would be https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/forumdi...kes-and-Planes

    Perhaps a mod can move it for us.

    BG44K and Liqui Moly fuel treatment I would say work best. BG44K you cant get here anymore, but people in USA rave about it. Liqui Moly I say works well because when I used it in my car the oil went from a fairly presentable clearish gold colour to black. That in my mind tells me there was definately cleaning going on. Uses it again a few weeks ago, but this is in a pretty new one year old car, and the oil stayed pretty clear (guess there was not that much to clean on a car so young).
    APoc184 - "Well apparently I'm Ockie's kinda girl."

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mvu View Post
    Hi All

    Most people say it works some say its a bunch of bull*. So I am asking for an honest opinion. Does it really work? I am really considering it. I am not mentioning any brands becasue I am open to any brand that gives noticable results.

    Many thanks
    If you mean Diesel injectors, well worth a try as that shyte is expensive to replace. For normal cars, I won't even bother. I have had card with over 500k kms and never had a single issue with regards to the injectors
    I have signed up with Bitco and it's by far the best internet I have ever had. Get a quote

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockie View Post
    Best place to post this would be https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/forumdi...kes-and-Planes

    Perhaps a mod can move it for us.

    BG44K and Liqui Moly fuel treatment I would say work best. BG44K you cant get here anymore, but people in USA rave about it. Liqui Moly I say works well because when I used it in my car the oil went from a fairly presentable clearish gold colour to black. That in my mind tells me there was definately cleaning going on. Uses it again a few weeks ago, but this is in a pretty new one year old car, and the oil stayed pretty clear (guess there was not that much to clean on a car so young).
    Was busy trying to move it. Didn't notice I was in this section. I would really appreciate the move MODS.

    Thanks for the feedback. I always prefer word of mouth. I must just do it right before an oil change so that I don't drive around with filthy oil I hope I also get positive results

  5. #5

    Default

    Are your injectors actually dirty and require cleaning?

    Because if they aren't the question is ultimately pointless.

    Why do you think you need it? Are you not maybe looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    If you mean Diesel injectors, well worth a try as that shyte is expensive to replace. For normal cars, I won't even bother. I have had card with over 500k kms and never had a single issue with regards to the injectors
    Its one of those TFSI engines...

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SauRoNZA View Post
    Are your injectors actually dirty and require cleaning?

    Because if they aren't the question is ultimately pointless.

    Why do you think you need it? Are you not maybe looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist?
    Machinic recons its good to throw in now and then especially for high mileage (234000 KMs)

  8. #8

    Default

    petrol cars just add 5l toluene to 50l of fuel

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mvu View Post
    Its one of those TFSI engines...
    I honestly won't even bother. But if it makes you feel better about it, why not
    I have signed up with Bitco and it's by far the best internet I have ever had. Get a quote

  10. #10
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    46,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qscwbt View Post
    petrol cars just add 5l toluene to 50l of fuel
    Where do you buy something like that?
    APoc184 - "Well apparently I'm Ockie's kinda girl."

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockie View Post
    Where do you buy something like that?
    CAPE TOWN CHEMICALS CC
    7 DORSETSHRE ST
    PAARDEN ISLAND, CAPE PENINSULA/KAAPSE SKIEREILAND
    Main: 021 511 9009

    or

    Protea Chemicals
    011 709 8888
    Omnia House
    13 Sloane Street
    Bryanston

    There's probably others.

  12. #12

    Default

    I use it on my diesel car, not sure if it works lol. The car has plenty of miles on it, and it keeps on running.

    I use the Liqui-Moly diesel injector cleaner, goldwagon sells it for R100.
    Www.gtxgaming.co.za
    For all your graphics card requirements!

  13. #13
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    46,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gtx Gaming View Post
    I use it on my diesel car, not sure if it works lol. The car has plenty of miles on it, and it keeps on running.

    I use the Liqui-Moly diesel injector cleaner, goldwagon sells it for R100.
    Awww....we are Ligui Moly buddies!

    Also get mine from Goldwagon. The petrol one is like R130.00 or so I think.
    APoc184 - "Well apparently I'm Ockie's kinda girl."

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Looks like liqui moly is the way to go
    Last edited by Mvu; 04-10-2017 at 04:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Injector Cleaner
    By Ockie in forum Motoring and Transportation: Cars, Bikes and Planes
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 13-12-2016, 01:27 PM
  2. Power injector for USB device
    By mister in forum PC Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-06-2013, 12:07 PM
  3. Diesel Injector Cleaner?
    By Ice2Cool in forum Motoring and Transportation: Cars, Bikes and Planes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 03:46 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •