Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SQ8 MiniCamera

Default SQ8 MiniCamera

Those in the know ... how do you operate the darn thing? A cleaned up English guide is required. There are just two buttons and a LED with states of off, blue, purple, red and flashing. I can't decipher the Chinese-English guide nor the video guide I previously found.
    Dear government. I employ you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vis1/0N View Post
    Those in the know ... how do you operate the darn thing? A cleaned up English guide is required. There are just two buttons and a LED with states of off, blue, purple, red and flashing. I can't decipher the Chinese-English guide nor the video guide I previously found.
    Quick read:
    You plug it in and it starts recording.
    You unplug it and it stops.
    To view i guess stick the sd card into a pc?

Yeah no. Can't figure how to switch it off (the no LED state I presume). So I put in the SD card whilst it's been on. Press the reset button and plug in a powerbank. Come back to it two hours later and then try to switch it of to remove the SD card. That is the only recording I got - the period between when I was messing about to switch off and remove the sd card.

Apparently when powered externally the motion detection does not work. Facepalm, motion detection running hours on end would kill the internal battery in not time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vis1/0N View Post
    There is an English user manual for the SQ8 here:

http://org-info.mobi/shop/sq8-full-h...-manual-en.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Space View Post
    There is an English user manual for the SQ8 here:

http://org-info.mobi/shop/sq8-full-h...-manual-en.htm
    "English"

Yeah I have been there. Figured that when the light is red it is in recording state. 700MB AVI for a 5 minute video. TBF I bought it for the giggles, I must see if I can re-purpose my dashcam instead whilst I await SAPO delivering my WIFI cams from Banggood,
    Dear government. I employ you.

That manual is hilarious

+ Reply to Thread